As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 12-2-10: There there, don't cry...

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Graphic Violence
Secret Six #28
stuff happens in the Warlord world, Lady Vic gets capped inthe knees by Deadshot and left there, and the others are given full pardons and now are truly a defacto Suicide Squad. And Waller also told Giganta that Dwarfstar killed Ryan, so she gets revenge by luring him to her hotel room for some "fun" and steals his belt:

ss28b.jpg

And Action Comics Annual #13, Marco Rudy sticks to an "X" panel layout for about 15 straight pages that at first glance looks really bad but actually works:
Luthor just got into Metropolis, and starts working for Intergang and ultimately arrives on Apokolips where he becomes a Scientwister, and makes a weapon to kill Darkseid. It doesn't work:

aca13a.jpg

aca13b.jpg

Cornell writes Darkseid like Kirby did, which was a nice way to make it fit in the past.

TexiKen on

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't think that panel layout works at all.

But it is a cool moment.

Solar on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is there a reason for the layout?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Darkseid in the Action Comics Annual is my moment of the week.

"Ready your mind!!

There's a danger it might be blown!!"

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The long awaited arrival Fables Volume 14. The mighty Bufkin making a name for himself! Shame no one will know of his deeds within Fabletown.

kfrooster on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Action Comics Annual confirms that Lex's green jacket actually comes from Apokolips.
    Badass!

Tairu on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My MotW is going to Wizard World Atlanta and hitting the jackpot on trade and hardcover deals. I ending up paying $37 for $135 worth of books. I might also get both Skaar hardcovers tomorrow if they still have them for only 10 each.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Action Comics Annual just goes to prove that when Lex has hair he looks JUST like Jimmy Olsen.

MastaP on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    now there's a reveal I'm surprised they haven't pulled yet

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MastaP wrote: »
    Action Comics Annual just goes to prove that when Lex has hair he looks JUST like Jimmy Olsen.

I thought that was Jimmy in the scan.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Doom Patrol #17's recap page, done in the style of the DC Super Dictionary, was pretty funny.

23hvh93.jpg

Munch on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's as good as the recap pages from Cable & Deadpool.

Are there only 3 members of Doom Patrol right now?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, they're pretty much it as far as the field team goes. But Bumblebee is Elasti-Woman's roomate, and assisting on the current mission, Mento lived on Oolong Island until recently, Crazy Jane lives on the island inside Danny the Bungalow, and Ambush Bug hangs out there too, and assisted the team during their last fight. Fast Forward, the precog who was on John Arcudi's Doom Patrol, is also on the island now, but in a medically induced coma of sorts.

It's a weird book, with a lot of ups and downs, but Giffen's really being inclusive of all the previous incarnations of the team, and drawing on a lot of cool stuff.

Munch on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In that respect, has Faith showed up at all? I just liked the character and she seems to have disappeared.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nope. Only two members of Byrne's Doom Patrol have shown up so far. One died, and one carried said dead body off into the jungle.

Munch on