As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Latest Comic of Mine

WizToastWizToast Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited December 2010 in Artist's Corner
I spent a little longer than usual on the art, and I'm looking for some notes.

20101127.gif

WizToast on

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think you'd probably be able to get away with removing a lot of those wrinkles, while still making it obvious that "this dude is hella ancient". Rather than filling in the empty spaces with wrinkles, try to focus on outlining the masses of saggy skin. This is a good example of how to use the wrinkle-lines more effectively.

Also: you're awesome, and I love your comics. Been reading them for years. :D

NightDragon on
  • WizToastWizToast Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Dude, thanks! So, the basic idea is to focus more on giving weight to the sags, rather than drawing in lines.

WizToast on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Age spots would also help bring the "sooo old!" feeling to this, rather than that many wrinkles.

Also, the old man's wrist in the second panel catches my eye because it darts in too much.

mully on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The proportions of the side view of the old man in the fourth panel is kinda out of whack; he either has an extremely long nose or a tiny mouth. Also the lack of eye is kinda distracting, it feels like you should be able to see it from that angle.

Otherwise, keep up the awesome!

Flay on
  • AlecxantAlecxant Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think the arrow in the first panel is unnecessary. other than that its grand. I dig the style, and the second to last panel (close up on the old man) is really awesome.

Alecxant on
  • AxleMooreAxleMoore Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Looks pretty good to me. Then again I love your comics so I'm a little bias.

AxleMoore on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I thought it was funny as just the first two panels.

NakedZergling on
  • JLM-AWPJLM-AWP Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I read your comics religiously (i'm not religious), and I'd love to see a bit more diversity in your characters. A lot of them (especially the women) look pretty much the same.

Granted, it's not essential to getting the joke across in any particular instance, just something I noticed.

Keep making us laugh man, you're awesome.

JLM-AWP on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have to admit, instead of making this one comic, I think it would work almost as good if not better as two seperate ones.

The second panel's punchline is much funnier than the final panel, i think. But, if you made two comics you get to have your cake and eat it too :)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • StplmstrStplmstr Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    AHAHAHAHAHA that is the best comic I have read in a while. It is like you got a cloud and angels type God telling a budhist joke :D Hilarious!

Stplmstr on