As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom - Feed me, Tepeu!

KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Games and Technology
Here is an interesting game that seems to be falling under the radar.

Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/706257.html

In it, you free this imprisoned being who you use as the muscle to restore a long collapsed kingdom. It sounds like it is loaded with puzzle solving and combat playing off of the strengths of the two characters. I am intrigued, but I wonder why there is not much buzz about it. I seems like allot of love went into it.

Link to the official site media page that has a meaty, five part documentary about the game.
Link to Giant Bomcast Quick Look.
I disagree with Brad on the graphics. The game just has a different art style.

So, what do you all think about it?

Krathoon on

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The demo was a lot of fun. The interaction between the Majin and your character was pretty solid and I imagine it only gets better as you unlock more moves and the like. I sort of meant to pick it up when it came out, as I'd been watching it for a while (And it released with a 40$ price tag I believe.)

I have no idea why I didn't, though. Hm.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I was going to stick it on the Christmas List, but I think I will just buy it. I like the colorful art direction on this one as well.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The price is right, but regardless I'm almost certain only like 5 people will buy this. I think it looks cool, so I'll pick it up at some point, but it's not really immediately appealing.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Amazon was selling this for $22 last week. It got a $20 price cut before release and was selling for half off a week later. So yeah, I'm probably one of those 5 people.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It looks like to me the font of the title kind of hurts it. At a glance, it looks like a kid's title when it really is not.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's $40 now on amazon.

They really need to market this more - although it seems to suffer from some stereotypical flaws of the genre.

SkyGheNe on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It looks like to me the font of the title kind of hurts it. At a glance, it looks like a kid's title when it really is not.

Interesting statement ...
    From the demo, it gave me the immediate appeal of a game I would buy for a kid about 10-12 who wanted to play something LIKE God of War, but wouldn't have the mass bloodshed. More of the kid-friendly appeal Kingdom Hearts has (which is certainly a deeper game than the Disney flair asserts), y'know?

I'd be lying to say I have any intention of buying this, but I'm still curious why you feel it's more than a kids game.

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huh, so this is actually a console action game?

Before this thread, the only thing I knew about the game was the banner ads I've seen on a couple websites, which totally look like your standard Korean Free-to-Play grindfest MMO banners.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dartboy wrote: »
    Huh, so this is actually a console action game?

Before this thread, the only thing I knew about the game was the banner ads I've seen on a couple websites, which totally look like your standard Korean Free-to-Play grindfest MMO banners.

I honestly felt the same, the marketing droped the ball on this.

TheOrange on
  • Options
    MarundoMarundo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This was announced around when Last Guardian was, which I thought was amusing. So I've been keeping my eye on it and couldn't resist that Amazon price cut for 22; Now I just wait for it to arrive, I'm thinking I'll get it today.

Definitely a marketing issue; everyone I've talked to about it has no idea what it is. Then I have to explain some Team Ico guys are involved, and I just paid 22 dollars for it.

Marundo on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I have currently played past the first catapult puzzle. I am really enjoying the game. I like it that, as your losing a battle, you start to get covered in black goo. The game over screen is disturbing. Like it should be. There are also some stylish silhouetted cut-scenes.

Awesome intro!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QXaLKde-WQ

Krathoon on
  • Options
    BluefistBluefist Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I picked this up on release for $34 AUD new which is ridiculous given that games in Australia typically retail for almost double what you'd pay in the US. This game has been put out to die.

I love the enemy designs.

Bluefist on
    STEAM & PSN: Bluefist56
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Majin was pretty fun, only complaint i have is the combat doesnt feel very solid, alot of flailing away. But some of the hidden shit was difficult to find, which is pretty cool that i had to really hunt around. I think i caught it on an amazon gold box and only paid like 20 bucks, and it was well worth that during a dry spell.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum