As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Never Mind The Buzz[chat]

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    I wrote it before, my lab partner turned in answers that wasn't ours, in our names, to a hand in. It happened nearly a month ago but I noticed the feedback today. I was unaware of the whole thing but now it seems like I've been shared with a poop sandwich.

Yarg. That really sucks, man. :(

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I wrote it before, my lab partner turned in answers that wasn't ours, in our names, to a hand in. It happened nearly a month ago but I noticed the feedback today. I was unaware of the whole thing but now it seems like I've been shared with a poop sandwich.

Yarg. That really sucks, man. :(

I'm pretty sure it'll be ok though, not really too worked up about it. I'm mostly just pissed at the guy's stupidity.

Since I haven't heard anything from the school, and the teacher hasn't actually marked the hand in as "inspected" it mostly feels like he's waiting for us to turn in another version.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    I want to know why there wasn't an option just to give his cousin a shitload of money so he would stop calling me and just buy himself his own prostitutes.

At the very least a "turn cellphone off" option so that the game actually feels like a sandbox from time to time, and not a dating sim.

That option halted story progression though.

Tav on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm going to bed now, take care.

And tomorrow morning I am going to piss on this guy's mailbox.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Nerd, on a scale of 1 to 10, how jealous would you say Than is of our many, many pets, summons, and mc'd monsters?
    so jealous

like, slightly more jealous than he is of someone walking out of mcdonald's with a laden paper bag
    He runs ahead of us because he has nothing but his two melee weapons.

He holds them up in front of him like action figures and pretends they're pets.

"Hi Lich, Thanatos is the coolest member of the party, isn't he?"
    "Why yes archer nymph, he is!"
    "Oh guys you flatter me too much"

desc and nerd: "Than what are you doing over here we just caught up."

"NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL. GOD."
    deep down he just wants love
    I hate you both so much.

Goddamn pets. And goddamn Mind Control. It's no wonder I frequently accidentally mistake your pets for enemies; they're evil, and they'll turn on us yet, mark my words. And my character is just deeply, deeply disturbed and emotionally scarred by what your characters do with the lich, nymph, two wolves, and whatever mind-controlled horror you have (usually a minotaur) at night when we make camp.

Thanatos on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get a new mouse, looking for suggestions...

1. It has to have two thumb buttons. This is non-negotiable.
    2. I prefer wireless, but only if it's got a good enough dpi/pickup for gaming, I can deal with wired if I have to.
    3. I really don't want to pay more than $40 unless I have to.

My friend says I should just bite the bullet and shell out for an MX518, but the cheapest I can find it is like $45+shipping.

My logitech MX1000 is pretty sweet!

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GUYS

what's that word in psychology for concepts that are so familiar to a person or a culture that your mind skips analysis and just automatically provides you with all the things you know about it

like if I said "Poop" and your mind provides you with all the associated qualities, connotations, and associations of poop that you have always known like brown, stinky, gross, socially unacceptable, private, waste disposal, toilet, bathroom, butt, MikeMan

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    than, did you know that with 12/12 in the wolf skill and some bonus nature mastery points on my equipment I can summon three wolves?

then I will just need a moon

Nerdgasmic on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    here is a thing that I will do

a) find your desk
    b) shit all over your desk
    c) close one enshitted drawer of your choice in your desk

this can be yours for only ALL THE DOLLARS

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wazilla wrote: »

1. It has to have two thumb buttons. This is non-negotiable.
    2. I prefer wireless, but only if it's got a good enough dpi/pickup for gaming, I can deal with wired if I have to.
    3. I really don't want to pay more than $40 unless I have to.

My friend says I should just bite the bullet and shell out for an MX518, but the cheapest I can find it is like $45+shipping.

My logitech MX1000 is pretty sweet!

yeah, while cool, that's definitely out of my price range.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited December 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    GUYS

what's that word in psychology for concepts that are so familiar to a person or a culture that your mind skips analysis and just automatically provides you with all the things you know about it

like if I said "Poop" and your mind provides you with all the associated qualities, connotations, and associations of poop that you have always known like brown, stinky, gross, socially unacceptable, private, waste disposal, toilet, bathroom, butt, MikeMan

cultural diffusion, I think

it might be memosis

Nerdgasmic on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    enshitted is the best word

Tav on
    edited December 2010
    no it's like a shortcut for your brain

Hakkekage on
    edited December 2010
    HEURISTIC

now I remember

ok please continue with your regularly scheduled [chat]

Hakkekage on
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Nerd, on a scale of 1 to 10, how jealous would you say Than is of our many, many pets, summons, and mc'd monsters?
    so jealous

like, slightly more jealous than he is of someone walking out of mcdonald's with a laden paper bag
    He runs ahead of us because he has nothing but his two melee weapons.

He holds them up in front of him like action figures and pretends they're pets.

"Hi Lich, Thanatos is the coolest member of the party, isn't he?"
    "Why yes archer nymph, he is!"
    "Oh guys you flatter me too much"

desc and nerd: "Than what are you doing over here we just caught up."

"NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL. GOD."
    deep down he just wants love
    I hate you both so much.

Goddamn pets. And goddamn Mind Control. It's no wonder I frequently accidentally mistake your pets for enemies; they're evil, and they'll turn on us yet, mark my words. And my character is just deeply, deeply disturbed and emotionally scarred by what your characters do with the lich, nymph, two wolves, and whatever mind-controlled horror you have (usually a minotaur) at night when we make camp.

Than, I'm so sorry I suck so much at video games. Just putting that out there.

FroThulhu on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    interesting, hakkes

interesting indeed

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited December 2010
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    You did just fine, dude. My XBox crashed; I don't ragequit. Never have, never will.

You really, really need to get a mic, though. MNC is one of those games for which it is mandatory. Could you at least hear us?

Thanatos on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I took the girl to the airport. Walked her to the security line. Managed to not start crying when she did. Held that back till I got to the car.

Thomamelas on
    edited December 2010
    I actually remembered it as I was typing my second post, I just posted it and then I ran to the googles to confirm

but I really wanted to make that joke about MikeMan

and it is a goddamn disappointment that he wasn't here to see it

Hakkekage on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Museum trip a success. Pictures of cutethullu and friends will be up tomorrow.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Blergh. Not sleepy.

BobCesca on
    edited December 2010
    frothulhu was that Davik guy?

Nerdgasmic on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    yes, it is sad

because it was a quality burn hakks

mikeman you are assosciated with poop

burrrrn

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited December 2010
    frothulhu was that Davik guy?
    Indeed.

Thanatos on
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010

My first thought was "I don't care but you'd better post pictures".

Then I read the rest of the post and was sad that you are not obtaining a furry rodent for a friend.

Shivahn on
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I took the girl to the airport. Walked her to the security line. Managed to not start crying when she did. Held that back till I got to the car.

:(

hugs.

How long 'till she's back?

BobCesca on
    edited December 2010
    You did just fine, dude. My XBox crashed; I don't ragequit. Never have, never will.

You really, really need to get a mic, though. MNC is one of those games for which it is mandatory. Could you at least hear us?

Nope. I think it's because I have voice, um... muted. Because I hate 14 year-olds more than any other human. Next time, I'll unmute.

FroThulhu on
    edited December 2010

that was partly why I quit

by the end it was mostly just Than talking with me and I got enough of that last night

Nerdgasmic on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I actually remembered it as I was typing my second post, I just posted it and then I ran to the googles to confirm

but I really wanted to make that joke about MikeMan

and it is a goddamn disappointment that he wasn't here to see it

I'll quote it for him later.

Don't worry, I won't let Mike go without knowing that he is a poop associate.

Winky on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Guys! I want to play MNC.

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2010
    Also, I tried a round as gunner again for the first time since I first started playing: holy shit, it is super-easy.

Thanatos on
    edited December 2010

by the end it was mostly just Than talking with me and I got enough of that last night
    This is not what it sounds like, everyone.

Thanatos on
    edited December 2010

This is not what it sounds like, everyone.

uh huh.

whatever you say...

BobCesca on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, if you've got an upgraded gunner class, and a high level, you can pretty much sodomize the entire enemy team all at once.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure how the leveling system even works in MNC

FroThulhu on
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

hugs.

LDR? Those suck. I'm sorry.

Shivahn on
    edited December 2010
    frothulhu, I was atomoclassic

Nerdgasmic on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thinks it is every game Fro that it resets. Also Kakos you missed beers, burgers and museum time today.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, if you've got an upgraded gunner class, and a high level, you can pretty much sodomize the entire enemy team all at once.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure how the leveling system even works in MNC
    It just indicates how much you've played, and is used in matchmaking. The only advantages you can get from playing a lot are the custom classes, and they don't take very long at all to pick up.

Also, you really do need to get a mic. I recognize that the default ones suck, but you can pick up replacements for a pretty reasonable price. I know I started having a lot more fun over Live once I got a decent headset.

Thanatos on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

hugs.

She comes back on the 4th of Jan. We're taking a trip together on the 28th for our anniversary. So I'll see her before she's back in town.

Thomamelas on
    edited December 2010
    thom :(

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.