As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Modest Pile of [CHAT]

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    alpaca-lips-now.jpg

THE ALPACALIPS DRAWETH NIGH!!!

ninjai on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    None of it was drawing
    I got a lot of school and research work done while the forums were down
    and spent some quality time with the roommates
    which suggests I am a lot more productive without the forums

This x1000. I didn't even bother to check my email or facebook or anything. It was like the internet never existed all over again.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I fall into the same camp as ND, I just kept randomly clicking the bookmark even though it was down and I knew it was down, it's habitual

this is how I know I should probably use the internet less

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    So in what way were you sick to your stomache?
    Just like pain/discomfort, and the feeling that I could start puking at any time. Though I never did, and it went away after a few hours.

Sometimes I get that way because I have severe heartburn problems, and my stomach can't hold certain foods. And the stomachache isn't always accompanied with heartburn.

If you don't typically have heartburn problems, I'd say just drink lots of water. Even if you eat or don't vomit, you could still be dehydrated. Do you drink lots of coffee or soda?

Feel better soon!

melting_doll on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's weird to hear the quantitative breakdown of just how shitty things that you've always known to be shitty are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OtB298fHY&feature=player_embedded#

lyrium on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    I really need to try to get some kind of art productive side project going, because lately when the forums are up, I check it too often, and when the forums are down all I do is watch Ghost in the Shell and doodle boobies- activities which have yet to prove themselves as being particularly great at career building.

I wish I was better at coming up with ideas out of whole cloth- I'm good at executing tasks when they're set for me, and decent at embellishing/refining ideas, but when I try to sit down and come up with something for myself to do, I spend so much time trying to think of something that's not stereotyped/hasn't been done many times before and consequently shooting them down for not being immediately super exciting, that I don't get to the point where I can develop it into something new and original.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    I wish I was better at coming up with ideas out of whole cloth- I'm good at executing tasks when they're set for me, and decent at embellishing/refining ideas, but when I try to sit down and come up with something for myself to do, I spend so much time trying to think of something that's not stereotyped/hasn't been done many times before and consequently shooting them down for not being immediately super exciting, that I don't get to the point where I can develop it into something new and original.

Try and combine two things you like that shouldnt go together.

alternatively, I've made up a fake game you can make fake concept art for with me.

Iruka on
    edited December 2010
    Iruka wrote: »
    Try and combine two things you like that shouldnt go together.

I swore off this concept after that chocolate mousse topped KFC chicken fiasco.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited December 2010
    Liking KFC was your mistake there. KFC tastes like death.

Iruka on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Real men party at Chick-fil-A

Godfather on
    edited December 2010
    Man that art jail thread in D&D just made me re-pissed off at weezer.

Iruka on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My computer is dying on me, and keeps randomly crashing for no good reason. It's definitely not a virus, but it is something to do with the hardware.

I have a feeling this problem will become rather expensive!

Godfather on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    I can't tell you how disappointed I am that the recent A-Team movie wasn't worth the effort. They had such a great cast but the script was so bad it all amounts to a huge missed opportunity.

My school is in that movie! Also the planet of the apes movie they are making with James Franco (I walked by him but he wasn't willing to talk unless you were a girl). They're filming another one right now at school called This Means War. The main hallway is all decked out in CIA office stuff.

bombardier on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    woo woo forums

alright I can sleep well tonight

also Tam promise never to leave us

earthwormadam on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    bombardier wrote: »
    I can't tell you how disappointed I am that the recent A-Team movie wasn't worth the effort. They had such a great cast but the script was so bad it all amounts to a huge missed opportunity.

My school is in that movie! Also the planet of the apes movie they are making with James Franco (I walked by him but he wasn't willing to talk unless you were a girl). They're filming another one right now at school called This Means War. The main hallway is all decked out in CIA office stuff.

What scene is it in A-Team, I want to go back and look at it!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think i just got scammed by Geek 2 Geek.

PROX on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    woo woo forums

waaaaaay too addicted bro

Tam on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just like pain/discomfort, and the feeling that I could start puking at any time. Though I never did, and it went away after a few hours.

Sometimes I get that way because I have severe heartburn problems, and my stomach can't hold certain foods. And the stomachache isn't always accompanied with heartburn.

If you don't typically have heartburn problems, I'd say just drink lots of water. Even if you eat or don't vomit, you could still be dehydrated. Do you drink lots of coffee or soda?

Feel better soon!
    SO. MUCH. COFFEE.

But I drink a lot of water, too.

Also, heads still spinning at lot. Guess I'll call a doctor tomorrow.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i need to grow a pair and ask.

that is my conclusion of this evening

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Internship starts tomorrow, kinda nervous.

Flay on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Feel better soon!
    SO. MUCH. COFFEE.

But I drink a lot of water, too.

Also, heads still spinning at lot. Guess I'll call a doctor tomorrow.

I hope all turns out okay!!

melting_doll on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ladies. Gentlemen. Today is my 21st birthday. Now I can legally do what everyone else has been doing for years.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2010

This is just second hand from a classmate, but it's in some office where you can see out the big glass-walled windows and you can see "aerospace technology campus" on the side of the building outside.

This building.

bombardier on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Happy birthday, you.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PROX wrote: »
    I think i just got scammed by Geek 2 Geek.

But you're the only one man enough to ever admit such a thing.

Happy birthday, Sieg!

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Happy Birthday Sieg
    enjoy alcohol for me

Tam on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010

This is just second hand from a classmate, but it's in some office where you can see out the big glass-walled windows and you can see "aerospace technology campus" on the side of the building outside.

This building.

Upon reviewing the film, I didn't catch that building (though it does look awfully familiar), I did see Marc Silvestri listed as an Exec-Producer in the credits. Crazy.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Siegfried wrote: »
    Ladies. Gentlemen. Today is my 21st birthday. Now I can legally do what everyone else has been doing for years.

Drink one for me, huh pal?

NibCrom on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    21 years is a long time to wait to legally purchase fluids containing alcohol. Though looking at our varied range of useless 18 year old drunks, it's probably not such a bad idea.
    Also happy birthday.

Mustang on
    edited December 2010
    almost no one adheres to the law here either
    usually dudes just get older friends to buy them some
    and you can legally drink in the presence of your parents with their permission at a pretty young age

Tam on
  • MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Guess what I just sold for a profit of about $nothing thanks to you insensitive bastards?

71gHCJX1AkL.jpg

You weren't wrong about the flashiness, turns out (look at that fucking box). Oh well!

Mangoes on
    edited December 2010
    But how are you going to impress the golddigging cougars in the Miami nightclubs you frequent now?

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited December 2010
    The solid gold chain necklace and tufts of chest hair have worked on their own so far, Bacon.

Mangoes on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    woo woo forums

waaaaaay too addicted bro

I learned it by watching you alright!!!

*parents who use PA:AC, have kids who use PA:AC

earthwormadam on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I try to leave but you keep pulling me back in!

PROX on
    edited December 2010
    *parents who use PA:AC, have kids who use PA:AC

Man, what a weird thought.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited December 2010
    You're not my father.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited December 2010
    D-Robe wrote: »
    You're not my father.

Given that you're such a jerk all the time, it's nice that once in awhile you say something like that which makes me very, very happy.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited December 2010
    OOOH BURN TSSSS

Mangoes on
    edited December 2010
    I'm your father, you see.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
This discussion has been closed.