As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bummed for the holidays

ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Social Entropy++
We've all got our own struggles and battle scars to show for it. Some of them have made us into who we are today, for better or for worse. No doubt that even during the magical month of Chrimbus there are still things we all have to deal with (Munkus, my thoughts are with you!). For some of us this forum has been more than just a forum and we can find some comfort in each other (:winky:). So if you're feeling down about something and need somebody (or the entire internet) to talk to, hopefully this is your chance.

For me - and I know it's not much compared to what others are dealing with - I had a good friendship blow up in a matter of hours today. I'm lonely and the only person I had to talk about these things with is no longer there for me.

JKKaAGp.png
Zombiemambo on

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My family had some bad times right around Christmas a few years back and the holidays just sorta lost their appeal.

Due to various conflicts in the goings-on I have gotten to spend the last two Christmasses either working or by myself.

What I have learned is that holiday television programming is simply the pits.

Seriously on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My roommate that I just moved out with has very aggressive cancer, and her boyfriend is breaking up with her because of it, and she has been passing out due to low blood pressure so I've come home to her unconscious on the ground and it's just been a bad December. She is on mandatory bed rest and 24 hour surveillance now, and because she has a cold if she doesn't get better by tomorrow she needs to be hospitalized. Also I will be unemployed December 24th. Usually I'd be mopey because I hate Christmas but I am just trying to completely be there for my roommate.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    kochi I did not know about the unemployment thing

makes me feel kind of silly for being bummed about the current job I have when I was just offered full time and refused because I hate the place

but I am also bummed because my parents bought a FAKE CHRISTMAS TREE

natek on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Natek we have only ever had a real Christmas tree once.

Oh to be white and Natek.....

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    naaah, its the life of a contract worker. New management, so contracts aren't being extended, might be rehired but I am not waiting around. This was expected and is completely a part of my business. I'm not even worried about it because I am too busy being worried about everything else.

Gonna cut down a real christmas tree next weekend with my pops. It's tradition. I'll give you a branch, Natek.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    My roommate that I just moved out with has very aggressive cancer, and her boyfriend is breaking up with her because of it, and she has been passing out due to low blood pressure so I've come home to her unconscious on the ground and it's just been a bad December. She is on mandatory bed rest and 24 hour surveillance now, and because she has a cold if she doesn't get better by tomorrow she needs to be hospitalized. Also I will be unemployed December 24th. Usually I'd be mopey because I hate Christmas but I am just trying to completely be there for my roommate.

Oh, jeeze. I hope your roommate does ok. Good on you for being a good friend to her.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kochi fo you know if there is much going around at the moment?

Blake T on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    Natek we have only ever had a real Christmas tree once.

Oh to be white and Natek.....

aren't you white?

or white-ish?

natek on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Woah! I'm halfway there!

Blake T on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've kind of just felt like shit since my birthday a few weeks ago

money troubles, mostly. And the perennial girl troubles too I guess.

also today I got a wisdom tooth pulled and now I'm all wonky.

#pipe on
  • Options
    ieyeasuieyeasu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'll be utterly alone and my workplace will be closed, so I won't even be able to be productive. So I suppose that's sort of a bummer.

ieyeasu on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    I've kind of just felt like shit since a few weeks ago

family troubles, mostly. And the girl troubles too I guess.

yep

feeling so lazy and shitty today I'll just quote this and tweak it

yep

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    Kochi fo you know if there is much going around at the moment?

If whats going around?? BROWRAISE
    If its about my employment then seriously its not a big deal, I work contract, finding a new contract isn't a worry, I was insanely lucky already. I already have lots of ins at other places.

if its if there are christmas trees going around
    then yes, I suppose there are many.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    struggling still with the knowledge that my parents, specifically my dad, aren't/isn't the people/person i imagine them/him to have been while growing up.

struggling with my collapsing academic career and crushing loneliness.

struggling.

i'll be fine. this has all come up before and it's only a matter of time til it goes away again.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    everyone stop being down for christmas!

what can I do to cheer everyone up?

Raneados on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Sorry, but we don't constantly need a thread centered on depression here, especially not right before the holidays.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.