As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plans for PAX '06

• Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2006
    oh man, Skroggtar, Social Entropy is going to love you. Tell them Graizur says hello.

graizur on
  • Options
    OMGmyFACEOMGmyFACE Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Azio wrote:
    Man, I can't believe I'll be spending my 19th birthday (legal drinking age in BC) in the Goddamn States. One of you fuckers better buy me booze.

Yo, Azio! I had a pal turn 21 an hour and a half after the Turbine party began. The moment AM came on in, we gave him 30 tickets. You want booze? I'll get ya booze. Shit, say what you wrote outloud and there'll be like 6 people throwing stuff at ya. Anyway, 19's legal in BC? God, I hate America. lol.

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    SkroggtarSkroggtar Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    oh man, Skroggtar, Social Entropy is going to love you. Tell them Graizur says hello.

social entropy? if ever there were a more suitable place for me, i've not come across it.

Skroggtar on
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Azio wrote:
    Man, I can't believe I'll be spending my 19th birthday (legal drinking age in BC) in the Goddamn States. One of you fuckers better buy me booze.

don't worry azio, we'll get you enough booze to incapacitate a goddamned elephant. wich i assume is alot.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:

come back to see, we love you every so much! :D:D

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Azio wrote:

don't worry azio, we'll get you enough booze to incapacitate a goddamned elephant. wich i assume is alot.
    I love you guys...

Azio on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    So, anyone in Houston going this year? The cheapest I can find it is $297 round trip. Doubt I'll get to go though, especially not if my dad lets me go to AggieCon.

Btw, I'm 17 so that can also influence whether I go or not.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Man, I didn't realize how far Southern California is from Seattle...I was thinking of driving until Mapquest told me it was a thousand goddamn miles. I drove roughly double that to move out here in the first place, and it was absolute hell. Gonna hafta be flying for me.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Houk wrote:
    Man, I didn't realize how far Southern California is from Seattle...I was thinking of driving until Mapquest told me it was a thousand goddamn miles. I drove roughly double that to move out here in the first place, and it was absolute hell. Gonna hafta be flying for me.

Im hoping theres another WCST this year, I went in '04, even though I didnt drive and it was almost as fun as PAX itself... It would certainly be a shitty drive if you had to drive it by yourself the whole way, but when youve got another 20+ gamers all going in one direction raiding IHOP's along the way, it goes by faster then youd think. I flew up in '05 but I really want to do the road trip thing again this year, and actually take my car up...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Houk wrote:

From Southern CA, it's pretty bad...but from Northern CA, it's not too bad. It's mostly because the drive from Southern to Northern CA is like...3/4ths the distance between Northern CA and here. I always hated driving south, because it took so goddamned long.

Fly if ya gotta.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Merch...alcohol...

Same thing.

Edit: Aww. I just remembered. Last time I went over to Bellevue, I noticed that they tore down the Chili Dog place and the buildings that had the Subway that was right next to the Meydenbauer. :| I shall miss those.

New office tower whoo!

Weaver on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Merch...alcohol...

Same thing.

Edit: Aww. I just remembered. Last time I went over to Bellevue, I noticed that they tore down the Chili Dog place and the buildings that had the Subway that was right next to the Meydenbauer. :| I shall miss those.

New office tower whoo!

Seriously?

Bah. :|

Legacy on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    i got sum questions im gonna sign up bringin my friend lol too ahrd to explain w/o him being there so i thought i would bringim last year(2005) i was the first one in lol younges t person there i was only 13 my dad was a volunteer

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    i got 3 question when where and whens the earliest i can preregister anyone that know please e-mail me at themodel@pacifier.com my dads gonna volunteer again i dont care who gives me the response i might try emailing a person cant remember name that is for signup

Unknown User on
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    pokepow wrote:
    i got 3 question when where and whens the earliest i can preregister anyone that know please e-mail me at themodel@pacifier.com my dads gonna volunteer again i dont care who gives me the response i might try emailing a person cant remember name that is for signup
    I would suggest waiting until something is posted.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    RydarkRydark Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I'm going to PAX '06 for real this time. Oh wait, I need to get my citizenship right now, or apply for US VISA!

(damn US VISA expired last friday! arg)

Rydark on
    Rydark.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Weaver wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Merch...alcohol...

Same thing.

New office tower whoo!

Seriously?

Bah. :|

I could be wrong. If I can remember I'll swing by during lunch or after work and check out the planning sign, but I'm fairly certain it was either an office building or an apartment highrise.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    flatrabbit wrote:
    pokepow wrote:
    I would suggest waiting until something is posted.

The earliest you can preregister will be sometime next week, hopefully. The site is supposed to be launched soon...

Legacy on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    pokepow wrote:

Were you the kid with the insane Drum skills?

And I'm thinking of a "what to bring to pax" thread, since this is plans...not so much with the things...

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    If I can get the money saved and my school schedule allows it (I have no idea what my schedule will be like yet) I plan on attending the next PAX.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Pffft. I'm going to try to find out whether or not school will conflict with PAX'06 before registering for classes. If it does, I'm taking the summer off.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    pre reg seems to be open now if anyone is interested.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    pre reg seems to be open now if anyone is interested.

shhh

Well. At least. Don't make a thread about it. I wanted to let Khoo make one for it.

I registered about two or three hours ago...

Legacy on
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    As soon as they get the hotel rates, I'll be able to figure out whether or not I can afford this.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    As soon as they get the hotel rates, I'll be able to figure out whether or not I can afford this.

i'm sure you could find a generous PAX goer who would let you crash in his/her room. . . . if i decide to get a room i'd share it with whomever i could find and split the cost.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Sweet jesus I need to find a job ASAP, I want to register for PAX as soon as possible, and book a room at the hotel as soon as possible... Itll be interesting to see how crowded the table-top rooms are, if at all, with them at a seperate location though. But Im deffinatly planning on staying at the Official PAX hotel this year because of it, instead of staying at the Bellevue Lodge just because its cheaper... I sometimes feel I didnt get the full experience from not staying at the Doubletree the past couple years.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    bionicbionic Washington StateRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I've pre-registered myself and Phrakk, now I'm just waiting to hear which hotel is going to be the official one. I'd like to book a room asap as well.

bionic on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    bionic wrote:
    I've pre-registered myself and Phrakk, now I'm just waiting to hear which hotel is going to be the official one. I'd like to book a room asap as well.

But don't you live in Seattle?

What Shade did last year was party all night, then go home and sleep for free, and that's what I'll be doing this year too. Although, I'm sure there's money to be made in re-renting a hotel room to a bunch of people for cheap :P Not that anyone would do that of course <.<

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    bionic wrote:

What Shade did last year was party all night, then go home and sleep for free, and that's what I'll be doing this year too. Although, I'm sure there's money to be made in re-renting a hotel room to a bunch of people for cheap :P Not that anyone would do that of course <.<

As soon as they say which hotel is the official one I will be getting a room. As much fun as it to wing it and crash in the room of some cool people I meet I really don't want to be desperate. On top of that it shouldn't cost too much, last year it was $75 a night. So if I show up early I will see if I can crash with some people, but I will still get at least 2 or 3 nights reserved so I don't have to worry. And you can always cancel at the last minute with no penalty.

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    bionic wrote:

I live in Kirkland, and even I know that I don't want to even leave there and come back home to sleep. Traffic in the morning + driving back home afterwards is just...bleh. I'd rather be right there.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    bionic wrote:

I live in Kirkland, and even I know that I don't want to even leave there and come back home to sleep. Traffic in the morning + driving back home afterwards is just...bleh. I'd rather be right there.

Right there... with you're entourage.

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    DrakenulDrakenul Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Yeah, I'm also going to reserve my room in the official hotel. I had a reservation at the Doubletree last year, cancelled it because I thought I wasn't going to be able to afford it, and ended up in the Red Lion after money became available. I spent almost no time in the RL, and well, the Doubletree is so much nicer overall. That said, anyone that wants to split a room PM me sometime before/right after the announcement, and we'll work something out, as I'm afraid I'll be much too broke to foot the room bill alone like I've done the last 2 years.

Drakenul on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    So I'm totally gonna go this year, and it looks like I may be headed over by myself.

So for money purposes, and for the fun of it, I think I'd like to share a room with someone.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    So I'm totally gonna go this year, and it looks like I may be headed over by myself.

So for money purposes, and for the fun of it, I think I'd like to share a room with someone.

FYI Rooms in the Doubletree can comfortably accomodate a LOT more than 2 people if some don't mind sleeping on the floor. I think we got 7+ people into one room at some point, although I'm not sure of the official count. You'd have to ask SmallLady for the final numbers, but I know it was a lot. Enjoy!!!! Sharing a room with forumers is the best. You never know how great random internet strangers turn out to be!

Trillian on

• Options
    edited January 2006
    Looks like Trillian here roped me in, a little while back, to join in the fun. I don't know anyone here except her, but she's been pestering me to join the forums beforehand, which I have done since then. Hopefully, I'll get to talk to some of the people I'll be meeting there :P

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Trill and I met at pax last year!!

I'm SmallLady! *wave*

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    You might wake up next to the love of your life, you may wake up next to Cheeto. It's so exciting!

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    You might wake up next to the love of your life, you may wake up next to Cheeto. It's so exciting!

*cowers in fear* :shock:

Polago on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    We found Cheeto's sandals in our room the day we left. We're not entirely sure how they got there.

Trillian on

• Options
    edited January 2006
    See we could make up stories but the truth is always so fabulous.

Puerto Rock on