As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Starcraft 2 thread: Still around, somehow.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I build lots of mans

But I tend to float money to build mans

Which I promptly give to an overeager zerg teammate so he can flood the map with mans

Zen Vulgarity on
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Got promoted to platinum over the weekend. wooooo

one more and my trek from bronze will be complete.

mcp on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Then there will be Master and Grandmaster

Zen Vulgarity on
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Please, explain what kind of mans are best to build for someone who has very minimal knowledge of anything StarCraft

I was playing Terran in the trial. It was okay. In the handful of times I played StarCraft 1 I only every played Protoss. I was told that Protoss is pretty different in this game though.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
    edited December 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    Please, explain what kind of mans are best to build for someone who has very minimal knowledge of anything StarCraft

I was playing Terran in the trial. It was okay. In the handful of times I played StarCraft 1 I only every played Protoss. I was told that Protoss is pretty different in this game though.

Medivacs

Marines

Marauders

(some siege tanks)

Zen Vulgarity on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    watchin the dreamhack finals

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Franko on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For serial though, the key to being decent at Starcraft is realizing it's an economy based rts that involves a lot of multitasking

You want to be raking in as much money as possible and spending it all immediately without waste. Doing this involves:

-Always building workers. One base needs 22-30 workers, then you want even more so that you can saturate an expansion as soon as you get one

-Don't queue units. Queing units is wasted money, as it takes you cash without giving you anything. If money's coming in faster than you can spend it without queing, you need more production facilities.

-Don't build building unless you intend to use them. I've seen terrans build 5 supply depots before they hit 20 food. why!? Those could have been marines!

-Keep your money as low as possible. Unspent money is money that could be units on the field by now

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    edited December 2010
    Being supply blocked sucks dick

Never ever be supply blocked

Zen Vulgarity on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Being supply blocked sucks dick

Never ever be supply blocked

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Which is why sometimes I build a supply depot earlier than later

Mainly because I'm dumb and I can't remember how much shit is being built

But I'm learning some things like "oh hey I could build a reactor on that factory to have even MORE marines

Or MORE medivacs

Zen Vulgarity on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    being supply blocked is like when you cum too many times in one day and your balls have no power to produce more sperms, so you have to drink lots of milk to make more sperms so you can ejaculate more times in a day

Franko on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Franko you are a poet

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited December 2010
    A poet of sperm

Zen Vulgarity on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    they should have sent a sperm poet

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GSL round of 8 jinro spoiler
    He went 3-2 making it into the round of 4, woooooooooo

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited December 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    Ya, saw this last night/this morning

I hated that Terran beat Protoss

but I also want a white dude to win so bad

Franko on
    edited December 2010
    Franko wrote: »

I don't even hate that he's terran because his play is just so smart and solid. It's not like he pulls all his workers at 8 minutes and is like "lolol i'm attacking with 30 workers but our economy is even because I have 2 mules out"

TheStig on
    edited December 2010
    Franko wrote: »

I don't even hate that he's terran because his play is just so smart and solid. It's not like he pulls all his workers at 8 minutes and is like "lolol i'm attacking with 30 workers but our economy is even because I have 2 mules out"
    lol ya, on StoG they were shitting all over marineking
    his play is certainly supersolid, it was nice to see them go five games for all the action

Franko on
    edited December 2010
    In Bitbybitprime's (the guy that always does scv all ins) game in the round of 16 artosis kept going "let's see what sort of all-in he does this game" "it's going to be a tech to ravens all in" or "expanding before he all-ins"
    It was great, mostly because he was always right.

TheStig on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh man

so uh

hmm

the ending to Heart of the Swarm was leaked

it's out there for you to find if you're interested

i'm not going to say anything other than

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    edited December 2010
    uggh yuck there is a foul taste in my mouth right now and for once it isnt a dick

Franko on
    edited December 2010
    I checked TL and couldn't find it so I give up.
    What is it?

TheStig on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    no don't tell him

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited December 2010
    real spoilers
    kerrigan goes on a rampage to kill mengsk. mengsk defeats her cause he booby trapped her body. raynor saves the day. mengsk dies. zerg swarm becomes sentient and is free to love and do as they please
    real spoilers

Franko on
    edited December 2010
    that's even worse than I imagined.

It can't be real.

edit: because
    mengsk is being controlled by the dark voice and he can't die until the protoss campaign, after he's possessed and becomes the final super boss

TheStig on
    edited December 2010
    do you like Barbie Horse Adventures?
    Don't spoil your horse

Franko on
    edited December 2010
    Ah that wasn't so bad. It was about on par with how terrible the WoL and SC1 story were.

And just about every RTS story except Myth.

TheStig on
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    watched it

i wonder if that would have made more sense to me had i played any singleplayer starcraft mission from either game ever

redhead on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man I mean that sort of makes sense but there's nothing concerning the overall plot arc concerning the main baddies and you'd think they'd have it end on some sort of cliffhanger or something.

august on
    edited December 2010
    who wants to craft? mightyzack.188

Franko on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I haven't crafted in far too long. Maybe we could get a big fat game going or something.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I did the same thing with SC2 I do with all strategy games...I play it a ton at first, get pretty good, and then quit cold turkey. It's a proven cycle.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
    edited December 2010
    god im so good at star battle

Franko on
    edited December 2010
    What is star battle

Zen Vulgarity on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    star battle is a pretty sweet multiplayer custom map

imagine controlling a Star Destroyer in a space battle with all the tiny (AI controlled) X-Wings and TIE fighters zipping around

you have to maneuver to take out other capital ships and the enemy base

don't play it until after finals

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

edited December 2010
    I study from 9 am to 7 PM

I think I have some time

Zen Vulgarity on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ah, i'm easily distracted if i get caught up in something else

i start making excuses to play more instead of studying

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

edited December 2010
    To be fair I also shouldn't be posting

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2010
    Ubik wrote: »
    ah, i'm easily distracted if i get caught up in something else

i start making excuses to play more instead of studying

are you me? I shouldnt have played starbattle for 10 hours last night, my exam is in 2 hours

Franko on