Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Tomb Raider: Trailer up on IGN. Looks like Uncharted: With A Woman
Features, shamelessly stolen from tombraiderchronicles.com, who stole them from neogaf:
- Lara Croft will be 21 in Tomb Raider
- Tomb Raider will be rated M for Mature
- There will be no real life Lara Croft model
- Tomb Raider is a reboot of the brand, not only the series
- There are brutal deaths in the game this time. One is described as a deranged man stabbing Lara in the chest and another includes a boulder falling on her leg to trap her before another falls and crushes her head.
- Weapons to include a shotgun, bow and pistols
- The lock on targeting system has been replaced with a free aim system
- There are base camps in the game. Here you can combine items to create something new and access a skill system to upgrade Lara's abilities. You'll also be able to use base camps to fast travel to different locations to minimize backtracking.
- You'll need to gather food and water in order to survive
-There are humans in the game, including some of the crew members from the shipwreck off the coast of the island.
"There was an illusion of freedom because of streaming and loading that would pop you out in a different location, but this is absolutely real. You can literally go any direction that you see and carve your own way to the finish line instead of being guide." says experienced director Noah Hughes.
"It was important in the game to not only deliver the character arc of Lara Croft emotionally, but to deliver it in gameplay as well so the player gets to grow into a hardened survivor.
"As the game unfolds, Lara will scavenge new tools and gear that augment her abilities. Lara's athletic prowess will also evolve. Some areas begin inaccessible due to physical limitations or scarce supplies. With the right skills and gear, however, the island is Lara's for the taking."
I've got to say, this sounds pretty sweet, but Crystal Dynamics have made grandpromises before. Still, I will remain cautiously optimistic until there's more to go on.
So, now, I guess this thread is to discuss all things Tomb Raider for the time being, I'll update the OP when more info comes in