As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes on NBC

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    About Peter
    Can someone explain how he might go about regenerating? I mean, if getting punctured in the medulla oblongata prevents someone from regeneration, you would think blowing it up would have the same effect.

the way healing seems to work in this shows is - as long as there is nothing stuck in the brain, you heal. Otherwise you are dead until all the shrapnel is taken out.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    About Peter
    Can someone explain how he might go about regenerating? I mean, if getting punctured in the medulla oblongata prevents someone from regeneration, you would think blowing it up would have the same effect.

the way healing seems to work in this shows is - as long as there is nothing stuck in the brain, you heal. Otherwise you are dead until all the shrapnel is taken out.

Both times the shrapnel was stuck in the same place. The peice of wood and the shard of glass were both lodged in Claire and Peter's medulla oblongota, or at least the place where the skull meets the neck. So it might not apply to the whole brain.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited May 2007
    About Peter
    Well, Ted never got hurt when he went nuclear, why would Peter?

Fair point. Although Ted never went off to this extent... I mean, it looked a little like
    Peter was starting to melt or something towards the end.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    Funcational finale, at best. No balls, cheap cop-outs galore and dudes acting way out of character for no good reason. Still, the last few minutes were stellar and have me totally psyched for sea-- err-- volume two.

Yes. Is it bad that I was a bit disappointed that there was no tragedy?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, the finale pretty much "got the job done" but that was about it. During the last commercial break I was thinking about all the things that still had to happen (Peter vs. Sylar, Claire trying to shoot Peter, Hiro stabbing Sylar, Nathan redeeming himself) and then those 15 minutes were basically going through that checklist.

Hiro's "Back to the Future" ending did make me smile though.

DMAC on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    Yeah, the finale pretty much "got the job done" but that was about it. During the last commercial break I was thinking about all the things that still had to happen (Peter vs. Sylar, Claire trying to shoot Peter, Hiro stabbing Sylar, Nathan redeeming himself) and then those 15 minutes were basically going through that checklist.

So that's Sulu on that horse on the hill?

Squashua on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Honestly I was kind of waiting for Hiro to say "Oh boy"

smokmnky on
    edited May 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »

I hope Hiro narrates next season. I'm kind of sick of Mohinder's voice.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I think Hiros narration might be a bit too much.

On the topic of being sick of things, DLs over acting makes me wish he would phase out permanently.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007

I think Hiros narration might be a bit too much.

On the topic of being sick of things, DLs over acting makes me wish he would phase out permanently.

Agreed. Neither DL, Jessica/Nikki, or Micha were very interesting. Nikki was for a bit... then I was just like, over it. But over all, man, I thought this was a well done show. All the missing pieces of LOST, none of the rage that show invokes.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    About Peter

Fair point. Although Ted never went off to this extent... I mean, it looked a little like

I think the way Ted's power works is that it radiates waves of energy, so instead of blowing up, a huge amount of energy would explode from his body, but not be internalized.

Bloods End on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I love how Sylar's body disappears, and nobody seems to notice. They're all, "Don't die officer Parkman, you moron!"

And despite there being a trail leading into the sewer, nobody will bother to follow it either. No, better to wait until next season.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    About Peter

I think the way Ted's power works is that it radiates waves of energy, so instead of blowing up, a huge amount of energy would explode from his body, but not be internalized.

Yeah know. Bennet should've just yelled at Peter "Burn bright!" and everything would've been okay.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'd almost suggest Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) for the job, but I don't think the overly dramatic, trying-to-be-deep little narrations would really fit any character other than Suresh. They'd have to give the whole thing a stylistic overhaul.

CyberJackal on
    edited May 2007
    I'd almost suggest Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) for the job, but I don't think the overly dramatic, trying-to-be-deep little narrations would really fit any character other than Suresh. They'd have to give the whole thing a stylistic overhaul.

An overhaul is absolutely necessary. The second season ought to have a separate tone.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    The narrations are pretty funny. The one at the end of last night's episode seemed to go on forever.

"Fate draws us towards our destinies which bring out our humanity which can only be found in facing our destinies and living up to our legacies of fate."

DMAC on
    edited May 2007
    The narrations are pretty funny. The one at the end of last night's episode seemed to go on forever.

"Fate draws us towards our destinies which bring out our humanity which can only be found in facing our destinies and living up to our legacies of fate."

I think I got that in a fortune cookie once...

doh... it was two fortune cookies... the first one cut off and said "continued in cookie #2"

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • battledrillbattledrill Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

An overhaul is absolutely necessary. The second season ought to have a separate tone.

Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones seem to be not working right now.

battledrill on

:^::^: from the guy who watched every episode of Enterprise waiting for one that would start with a transporter accident.

Squashua on
  • Mister ServoMister Servo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    About Peter

I think that was just the radiation causing his skin to be come see through, so you could sort of see under his skin. Like the muscle and skeleton.

Mister Servo on
    Mister+Servo.png
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Who´s the one worse than Sylar?

Uluru? From the comic?

First off we have this cover with Hiro clearly drawn-

Issue13.jpg

Then when Isaaac has his first vision, and sees Uluru in his thoughts, he sees Uluru looking back at him-
    UluruGraphicNovel.jpg
    Goes pretty well in line with what Molly says, "when i think of him, he sees me"

Not that Uluru is a huge rock monster, but Im thinking a Shadow king/Evil Charles Xavier- type villain, what do you guys think?

BTW, remember what I said about Peter getting visions from his mother, as he always had visions after seeing her?
    Looks like I was right
    4/25 — TV Guide's Ask Ausiello says that Mama Petrelli has a traveling-based superpower. A power like one of our existing heroes, but "takes a lot less effort to get from Point A to Point B". [1]
    Ausiello also stated that her power would play into Peter's visions of the future. It would be like our existing Heroes, Hiro, going through time, but take much less effort, as she can just think about it instead of physically going there. This is why Peter's vision of the future first occurred when he was in the presence of his mother.

Peter was absorbing his mother´s vision power. Which explains why she knew way beforehand that Peter would explode, etc.

JCM on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What does having visions have to do with traveling?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Think it's going for the time travel type of traveling more than the physical changing locations type of traveling. She has interactive visions of the past/future instead of actually traveling through time.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • TylerXKJTylerXKJ __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    JCM wrote: »
    Peter was absorbing his mother´s vision power. Which explains why she knew way beforehand that Peter would explode, etc.

I still say Charles Deveaux is the source of Peter's dream power. In the finale he was talking to Peter from beyond the grave. It was the exact same way Peter had collapsed before and had a mysterious dream of the future. This makes me wonder with all of Peter's mental powers if he isn't merging them around in his brain. A little Isaac, a little Charles, a little of his mother, and suddenly he has dreams of seeing things in the future.

TylerXKJ on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

He never actually said it was a travel based power (unless he later stated that and I didn't see it). He just said
    Her power is a lot like someone else's, but it takes less effort to get from point A to point B.

Seeing the future is a lot like Isaac's power, but as she doesn't have to paint a picture, it takes a lot less effort to go from the initial "dream" or trance or whatever (point A) to knowing what's going to happen (Point B).

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited May 2007
    This thread is way better then the one in D&D... more talking about the show, less bitching about minute details.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • ihopiusihopius Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    About the teaser for next season.
    In the past, is Hiro basically standing on the same spot as when he saw his first eclipse? His actions are almost identical.

And concerning a character we see alot in the comics and little in the show...
    With Wireless basically becoming post human, Syler is going to have to be very careful where he goes. She could 'see' him through every ATM cam, CCT, online transaction, etc. He's going to have to live off the grid to avoid detection.

I hope they explore what happens to Wireless as well, since her consciousness should be able to expand into the global data networks. Should could concievable achieve godlike intelligence in a relatively short amount of time.

ihopius on
    edited May 2007
    TylerXKJ wrote: »

I still say Charles Deveaux is the source of Peter's dream power. In the finale he was talking to Peter from beyond the grave. It was the exact same way Peter had collapsed before and had a mysterious dream of the future. This makes me wonder with all of Peter's mental powers if he isn't merging them around in his brain. A little Isaac, a little Charles, a little of his mother, and suddenly he has dreams of seeing things in the future.

Nope.

Because Pete had his first vision BEFORE meeting him, remember "six months ago", when he was going to become a nurse, and met his mother at a party? He then proceeded to have his first vision, of Nathan´s "accident".

Unless Charles has some time travel, and the show´s creators are lying, I´d say thats night impossible that he´s the one.

His mother?

1) He meets his mother at a party, and has the same night, his first vision.

2) After the vision from the first ep, we always saw Pete having a vision exactly after seeing his mother

3) or when he was in a hospital (which for sure his mother would visit).

4) When he told his mother that he had visions, what was her reaction? A slap.

5) She also knew that Claire spit bullets out, which only Bennet and Parkman saw, now neither Parkman nor Bennet have told her about it. So how does she know that? Visions.

6) She knew all about the bomb, even before Isaac painted the explosion (when his mother was discussing with Charles Deveaux about the bomb, Peter met Simone for the first time).

His mother has the power visions, into the past and future, which she can interact with.

JCM on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007

Nope.

Because Pete had his first vision BEFORE meeting him, remember "six months ago", when he was going to become a nurse, and met his mother at a party? He then proceeded to have his first vision, of Nathan´s "accident".

Unless Charles has some time travel, and the show´s creators are lying, I´d say thats night impossible that he´s the one.

His mother?

2) After the vision from the first ep, we always saw Pete having a vision exactly after seeing his mother

5) She also knew that Claire spit bullets out, which only Bennet and Parkman saw, now neither Parkman nor Bennet have told her about it. So how does she know that? Visions.

6) She knew all about the bomb, even before Isaac painted the explosion (when his mother was discussing with Charles Deveaux about the bomb, Peter met Simone for the first time).

His mother has the power visions, into the past and future, which she can interact with.

I'm pretty sure that vision of Nathan is meant to be a bond they share.

DarkWarrior on
    edited May 2007

Nope.

His mother?

I'm pretty sure that vision of Nathan is meant to be a bond they share.

So Peter is the only hero with an extra power?

I mean, all start with 1, he gets two, and for some reason he has this bond and Nathan doesnt, and this bond can allow him to see himself exploding in the future... nor it explains him being able to see people he never knew.

Nah, too far-fecthed, and ignores everyother factor, doesnt explain why this "bond vision" only appears when he has seen his mother, or is in the hospital.

Nor it explains his mother knowing about the bomb before Isaac´s painting, knowing about Claire spitting bullets and "everything", as se says.

JCM on
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ihopius wrote: »
    About the teaser for next season.
    In the past, is Hiro basically standing on the same spot as when he saw his first eclipse? His actions are almost identical.

And concerning a character we see alot in the comics and little in the show...
    With Wireless basically becoming post human, Syler is going to have to be very careful where he goes. She could 'see' him through every ATM cam, CCT, online transaction, etc. He's going to have to live off the grid to avoid detection.

I hope they explore what happens to Wireless as well, since her consciousness should be able to expand into the global data networks. Should could concievable achieve godlike intelligence in a relatively short amount of time.

What about the virus?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2007
    Suds wrote: »
    What about the virus?
    She seemed ok at the end of the comic, so maybe it was designed to attack her body and not her mind. Hell the writers could use it as a justification for how she could ascend in the first place. Basically reverse engineering the virus' ability to attack her body to allow her to upload her consciousness.

Something similar may be a credible threat however. She is just data now after all.

ihopius on
    edited May 2007
    Now she's Skynet.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2007
    Now she's Skynet.

Basically yeah.

If people thought Peter was (potentially) overpowered, how about someone who can bend the productive capacity of a planet to her will? If she doesn't do something like diverting money to manufacture robot drones she can control, I'll be disappointed.

I just hope she is a benevolent goddess. :lol:

ihopius on
    edited May 2007
    ihopius wrote: »
    Now she's Skynet.

Basically yeah.

If people thought Peter was (potentially) overpowered, how about someone who can bend the productive capacity of a planet to her will? If she doesn't do something like diverting money to manufacture robot drones she can control, I'll be disappointed.

I just hope she is a benevolent goddess. :lol:

Maybe she was a porn addict in life. Now she's in heaven.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Okay, I just thought of something. Doesn't Charles say something about Peter being invisible? I assumed it was because he was in a 'dream' and so nobody could see him. What if he was actually using his invisibility power, and Charles' power is something that allowed him to see Peter? Or even if he was just dream-invisible, Charles must have some ability that lets him ignore/counter powers, or see the truth, something...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited May 2007
    I don't know what that scene was even doing in there. Eccleston too busy to give the pep talk instead?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Okay, I just thought of something. Doesn't Charles say something about Peter being invisible? I assumed it was because he was in a 'dream' and so nobody could see him. What if he was actually using his invisibility power, and Charles' power is something that allowed him to see Peter? Or even if he was just dream-invisible, Charles must have some ability that lets him ignore/counter powers, or see the truth, something...

I bet he could see anything.

Like someone looking at him from far away, maybe.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited May 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »

I bet he could see anything.

Like someone looking at him from far away, maybe.

I was going to mock the idea of being able to see anything as a power, particularly a power for someone that Molly seems afraid of, but taken to the appropriate extent I guess it's pretty terrifying. You know, total omniscience.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh, man...if Charles is the bad guy...wait. I'm looking up stuff about Uluru. It says he's 'invincible' so...what if Charles faked his death and came back with that as his cover?

From wikipedia, about the actual rock formation named Uluru : In response, the angry hosts sang evil into a mud sculpture that came to life as the dingo. There followed a great battle, which ended in the deaths of the leaders of both tribes. The earth itself rose up in grief at the bloodshed, becoming Uluṟu.

I'm sure it's probably not that deep...but Sylar's evil, there was a (not so great) battle, and people died. Peter was the leader of the good guys, and Nathan/Linderman were both fairly evil and died. It also goes on to say that taking a piece of the rock away brings bad luck. Sorta like it can see you there, with its little bits and pieces...

Anyways, I'm shutting up now. But Simone's dad ending up being Molly's BBEG would be awesome.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png