As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happenstance, Heraldry, Humorous, and Hooligans [Happy and Hate Thread]

• ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    o.0 that's not right.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Adore: Worgen starting area

Abhor: Worgen starting area. Boy is it LONG.

Adore: Unleash elements for my shammy!

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ding, 85. EAT MY LIFEGRIP

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hate: Spells with knockback. As a tank, I just want to find the designer who came up with giving PC's spells with knockback and kicking him/her right square in the crotch.

Arrath on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hate: can't find a fucking obsidian vein to save my life.

Happy: found roughly one buttload of elementium in deepholm.

Angry on
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Hate: Spells with knockback. As a tank, I just want to find the designer who came up with giving PC's spells with knockback and kicking him/her right square in the crotch.

Considering all the other design choices as far as player classes go, knockback effects have always seemed like a god awful addition to me.

Yeah, I'm sure they're fun to use, but still a bad addition for the game as is.

Ranlin on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Angry wrote: »

Happy: found roughly one buttload of elementium in deepholm

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hate bordering on Hernia: Motherfucking the GRE's. Scheduled them way back in the summer for Dec. 8th. God. Damnit. I want to play so fucking bad. Instead, I'm waking up at 6:00 AM tomorrow to drive to the next town over to take a shitty test. Hey GRE's, here's an analogy for you:
    CATACLYSM:FOCUS::_______:MY DICK
    A)Hammers
    B)Ocelots
    C)Mycology
    D)Tourniquet

Grape Ape on
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Happy: New computer makes everything so shiny!

Hate: It takes almost 2 hours to install WoW from scratch. And I also had to install Windows 7 and StarCraft 2.

Walt on
  • ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huzzah - Finished my Worgen's starting area, after the Battle for Gilneas was bugged at first.

Hate - Took Mining and smithing. This is the 4th time I'm going to be mining again. and my first BS so i'm going to slowly kill my self will via the grind.

Hahaha - to beat a Horde to a mining node I started beating on him. we have a quick skirmish and I die, but before I do a hyjal warden comes in and finishes the job. After I watch him die, I reincarnate and take the node (4 ore! woo!)

Hmm... - Come to think of it, Hyjal was crowded, but both sides played nice from what I could tell.

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I noticed that in Vashj'ir. There were a LOT of people but very few ever attacked another person, for anything. People just raced to tag quest mobs and objectives.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    On my server (Mannoroth US) the landing areas were massacre zones at midnight. The Hyjal guards fucked up and started attacking everyone, including people who had just landed from the green dragon flyover. It was insane. I hear Vashj'ir was the same with the Conch Shell area, it was just a constant aoe fest.

Opty on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »

Happy: found roughly one buttload of elementium in deepholm

I found a bunch on my warlock while flying around being a tourist but it was the number of people shooing me away from it while they were guarding it for another was odd

I took my hunter to a certain area in Hyjal where some dragons get fitted for armour it seems and got two whole bags of leather!
    But my leatherworking is at 417 it has to be the worst trade skill to level

Brainleech on
  • mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Happy: SO SHINY! Also, *fairly* reliable. I've heard about one bugged quest from a guildie, and haven't been able to hand in one of the Throne of the Tides quests (my hunch is that we did it in the 'wrong' order), but other than that, the thing's been pretty solid. I've no idea why Europe didn't get the fun with XP that the US did, but I'm grateful.

Hilarious: Levelling the guild merrily, then suddenly "Congratulations! You are now Guild Level 1". Buh? Worked it out eventually (hotfix rebalancing guild XP gains), but got thrown for a bit at first.

Huh?: I'm deliberately not trying to rush through levelling, really I'm not. But I appear to be a fair chunk of the way through L83 already. There so should be a FoS for dinging through gathering :-)

mattclem on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Happy: maxxed out my mining and engineering on my main.

Humourous: I'm at halfway through 81 without doing a single quest yet.

-SPI- on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    are the throne quests the end of the zone chain or something? Because blackrock had them right inside the dungeon but there hasn't been anything for throne. I'm stubbournly going to finish the area even though I'm 82 and thrall told me I'm needed in deepholm but damn it thrall... loremaster.

initiatefailure on
  • mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    are the throne quests the end of the zone chain or something? Because blackrock had them right inside the dungeon but there hasn't been anything for throne. I'm stubbournly going to finish the area even though I'm 82 and thrall told me I'm needed in deepholm but damn it thrall... loremaster.

They're inside the dungeon, but only if you've played through the zone and been led to the dungeon by the storyline there.

mattclem on
    edited December 2010
    Ok I'm not to that point yet... Just got to the third subzone with the verne. Man this zone feels long

initiatefailure on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok I'm not to that point yet... Just got to the third subzone with the verne. Man this zone feels long

Don't complain about too much content D:

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hesitant: Haven't even started leveling anything yet. Got all our toys back last night after 3 weeks! Maybe get some WoW time in tonight...maybe!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited December 2010
    Adda wrote: »

It's not that there's too much content. It's that every hub needs me to get them crab meat and fish so they can eat. Like damn it, swim a foot outside, profit!

initiatefailure on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Happy as can be: White Hawkstrider get!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Adda wrote: »

It's not that there's too much content. It's that every hub needs me to get them crab meat and fish so they can eat. Like damn it, swim a foot outside, profit!

Hahahaha, so true. Every hub the first 2 or 3 quests are "OMG, we lost some dudes and have nothing to eat! Use this to save people from drowning and kill some fish or crabs for something to eat"

I got 112 quests completed and jumped into Deepholm. The quests there seem much more varied, quicker, give more XP and have some fun ones sprinkled in. Plus the rewards are much better.

Buddies on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WEll goofing off with my alts last night I unlocked Guild rank two:rotate: oops

Brainleech on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Ding, 85. EAT MY LIFEGRIP

Saw this jsut before I started updating the priest thread. So i named it after you.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    el oh el, NPC said "Thrall's Balls"

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited December 2010
    That made me laugh too

initiatefailure on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My favorite thus far, from Vash (paraphrased):
    If anyone ever calls into question your character, I'll be the first to tell them that, in my moment of dire need, you gave me a case of crabs.

Bobble on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    My favorite thus far, from Vash (paraphrased):
    If anyone ever calls into question your character, I'll be the first to tell them that, in my moment of dire need, you gave me a case of crabs.

The 'Tail' quest is similarly humorous. Apparently Blizzard can get away with a lot these days.

LockeCole on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So on my alliance server, one guild (Forlorn Legacy) got every single realm first 85 except Hunter.

A guy in my guild got that shortly before FL could finish their hunters to 85 (they had two close).

It was pretty awesome. For every other realm first people were filling up the general chats with comments like "hack!" or "get a life!", but when my guildy got it everyone was nice and congratulatory and mostly "yay, FL didn't get all of them!".

So I'm pretty happy about that. I mean, it wasn't me, or really had anything to do with me, it was just cool to see since we're a pretty casual raiding guild and not the sort that usually gets realm first anythings.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hate: 1800+ queues, the first few Alliance 85's coming back to the 80 zones to gank.

Happy: Cool quests, amusing storylines. Getting all my guys to 85 is going to be a breeze.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hate: So yes. Tanking for pugs. Constantly having to take over the tanking when the previous tank flakes out and quits in the middle of the run. Puggers who pull additional trash mobs to pad their dps numbers and generally make my life harder than it has to be.

Satisfaction: Letting said dpsers tank their own pulls.

Additional Hate: Having clothies and mail wearers rolling need on a tank ring(the +dodge makes it very clear who it's intended for) simply because it also has a lot of stamina on it. I'm really not inclined to tank for you after that.

Vindication: Having the plate helm and the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare drop and I'm the only one that can roll need.

Amused: Watching the same people who rolled need on the ring hesitate when those items dropped. You could almost see their heads about ready to asplode as they realized they couldn't roll on either item.

Poketpixie on
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Happy: All this content is AMAZING.

Hate: I have no idea what class I'm going to play now.

My paladin is happily retired and walking around stormwind in full guard armor, being my banker/auctioneer now. I'm going to level a worgen for my new main; but I have no idea what class (other than not DK).

tehmarken on
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Happy: Que'd up for Throne of the Tides as dps to try it out while I did some quests and got into a group. The tank marked stuff and the mage polymorphed a mob on the couple 5 mob pulls and no one broke it. Bad shit was interrupted, bad things were not stood in, and we dominated the place. [strike]Then I woke up.[/strike] It was one of the best non-guildie groups I have ever been in.

Hate: I couldn't turn in one of the quests cause it wouldn't let me.

Hmm: I thought Vash was good, underwater levels/zones never did stand out for me but this one did. The NPC dialog and quest text was the best.

Huag: 143/150 Vash quests done and I can't find anymore. Even did a few obscure ones but still nothing.

Aeyther on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have a quest in Vash that I can't hand in that I assume leads me to one more chain but I still have something like 130/whatever the achievement is. I think I either missed something or the achievement is too high.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Happy as hell: got my dwarf shammy to 80. I can now enjoy new stuff

Hate: As soon as I logged off to get something to eat I remembered there would be a queue to get back in. Sure enough 30 min wait time greets me.

Hmmm....: I've gone mining on my shaman in hopes of leveling engineering, but I keep reading how crap engineering is now. I think I'm gonna do it anyway in hopes blizz fixes some of the problems I've read about.

tallgeeze on
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I have a quest in Vash that I can't hand in that I assume leads me to one more chain but I still have something like 130/whatever the achievement is. I think I either missed something or the achievement is too high.

I just checked wowhead about it, apparently both factions are having trouble, getting around 145/150 for horde and 145/160 for Alli so :/

Aeyther on
    edited December 2010
    so stonecore seems to be around the point where people need to learn cata or quit running dungeons. We had two healers drop after a single trash pull apiece. The bosses in there seem less interesting than in throne though

initiatefailure on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    past throne and bsc the instances get extremely taxing on the healing.

myself and my priest friend did grim batol at 84. he had to drink after every single trash pull.

Angry on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Enchanting is all dumb. The dusts are pretty much impossible to get since they come from weapons now and I outleveled items I could disenchant super fast, meaning I pretty much have to buy the dust at stupid prices or go back and do Hyjal and take every weapon reward. (Which I'm going to have to do, but not until I hit 85 tomorrow.)

Beyond that I get agi to 2h weapon at 470, realize it requires an elementium rod. I go to buy the formula and it requires 500 to buy, 515 to create? Why the fuck does a 470 skill enchant require a 515 skill rod?

Meh.

(Also speaking of Stonecore, my first foray into the place we wiped twice. Both times on trash, both times just stupid mistakes getting multiple packs at one time. Once we got more cautious and I started marking target priority it was smooth.)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
This discussion has been closed.