As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pants are an Abomin[chat]ion

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Yeah the Flock of Seagulls song should be fun (original recording too). I mean I'll buy it I'm sure but I guess hair bands aren't really my favorite genre out of the 80s. Hell, even some Duran Duran would have been all right.

Also, if Synchronicity II is anything near as frustrating as Message in a Bottle then fuck that.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ah, awake for another day.

Gim on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Who would pick "Abomin[chat]ion" over the vastly more readable "[Chat]bomination"?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Current track list from Guitar Hero: 80s edition:

* "18 and Life" (as made famous by Skid Row)
    * "Bathroom Wall" (as made famous by Faster Pussycat)
    * "Lonely is the Night" (as made famous by Billy Squier)
    * "Nothing But a Good Time" (as made famous by Poison)
    * "Play With Me" (as made famous by Extreme)
    * "Shaken" (as made famous by Eddie Money)
    * "Synchronicity II" (as made famous by Police)
    * "I Wanna Rock" (by Twisted Sister)
    * "I Ran" (by Flock of Seagulls)
    * "Round and Round" (as made famous by Ratt)
    * "I Want Candy" (as made famous by Bow Wow Wow)
    * "Metal Health" (as made famous by Quiet Riot)
    * "Holy Diver" (as made famous by Dio)
    * "Heat Of The Moment" (as made famous by Asia)

I was kind of hoping for more punk or post-punk or new wave/ alternative acts. Elvis Costello? The Cure? Talking Heads? The Clash? Ramones?

The intro to "Should I Stay or Should I go" or to "London Calling" would be amazing.
    I think Ramones would be good as more of a hard mode track, since it goes so fast.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Any opinions on Boston, MA or Jacksonville, FL as places to live?

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    The intro to "Should I Stay or Should I go" or to "London Calling" would be amazing.
    I think Ramones would be good as more of a hard mode track, since it goes so fast.
    Yeah but all their songs are like two chords, so there's that as well.

Still, I'd love more of the punk bands. Or I guess technically the Pixies were making music in the late 80s so what the fuck Harmonix?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I couldn't sleep under those circumstances. Richy should do it, though. ;-)
    Man, I can't sleep alone in the dark and complete silence. How the hell will I sleep with scientists studying me and machinery plugged into me?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    I love Boston a lot, and you might find a little more tolerance for your situation up here - I work with a transsexual here at Raytheon, and one of my friends from the dog park I'm like 90% sure is a trannie. It's kind of expensive to live up here though.

I dated a girl from Jacksonville. It's apparently a big college town and pretty heavy on the frats.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    Yeah but all their songs are like two chords, so there's that as well.

Still, I'd love more of the punk bands. Or I guess technically the Pixies were making music in the late 80s so what the fuck Harmonix?

<3<3<3

Edit: Haha, I know, Rich. You should do something about your sleep troubles, though.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Who would pick "Abomin[chat]ion" over the vastly more readable "[Chat]bomination"?
    You should be happy I changed it from Jeffe's original "Abomina[chat]"

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Crackity Jones would be an interesting track

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I love Boston a lot, and you might find a little more tolerance for your situation up here - I work with a transsexual here at Raytheon, and one of my friends from the dog park I'm like 90% sure is a trannie. It's kind of expensive to live up here though.

I dated a girl from Jacksonville. It's apparently a big college town and pretty heavy on the frats.
    I have upperclassmen friends from high school who share apartments year-round in both... haven't yet actually gotten to talk to them in person, but it's a possibility I'm kicking around.

Also, if I wanted to go back to North Carolina, take old medicine that my father had apparently kept aside and play World of Warcraft for a month or so and then try all of this again, I have two hours to make that decision.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I have upperclassmen friends from high school who share apartments year-round in both... haven't yet actually gotten to talk to them in person, but it's a possibility I'm kicking around.

Also, if I wanted to go back to North Carolina, take old medicine that my father had apparently kept aside and play World of Warcraft for a month or so and then try all of this again, I have two hours to make that decision.
    Well unless you go back home to stew for another few months (you didn't seem terribly happy there), you're going to have to look for a job or enroll in school and do all that shitty real-life stuff. I guess the real question is what are you ready for?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    Footloose by Kenny Loggins would be good too. And I'm not just saying that because it's the song that just came up on my random playlist.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Well unless you go back home to stew for another few months (you didn't seem terribly happy there), you're going to have to look for a job or enroll in school and do all that shitty real-life stuff. I guess the real question is what are you ready for?
    I'm ready for anything so long as I'm not alone. :/

I can hold jobs and go to classes and everything but everyone abandoned me and then once I was left to my own means I proved entirely, totally, 100% incapable. I'm not saying I need to be monitored 24/7, but I think with some checks and balances in my life I could definitely succeed more than I have been.

It's just fuck being alone.

EDIT: Also I am enrolled in the fall semester in New Jersey. Still no word on how to handle living arrangements while I am there taking classes, but I'll make it work when the time comes.

Just as long as everyone does not jump ship and leave me to do things completely independently.

Again.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Footloose by Kenny Loggins would be good too. And I'm not just saying that because it's the song that just came up on my random playlist.

I'd rather it be this one

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I can hold jobs and go to classes and everything but everyone abandoned me and then once I was left to my own means I proved entirely, totally, 100% incapable. I'm not saying I need to be monitored 24/7, but I think with some checks and balances in my life I could definitely succeed more than I have been.

Well like I said you might find a little more tolerant atmosphere up here. It's kind of hard to meet people in New England since a whole lot of people who live here grew up here, but there are all kinds of clubs and groups and such in Cambridge, partly because we're all big left wing deviants and partly because of all the schools up here. And hey if you make it up to the area drop me a line and we can hang out.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's a fineas linea between being an enterinting drunk and jsut drunk

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Will you be my wingman, gundam?

Gim on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

fuck him ill be your goose mav

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Dance for us, rum monkey! Make funny, misspelled poast!

Gim on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    No, but you can be mine any day.
    I can't believe I remember that line.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Dance for us, rum monkey! Make funny, misspelled poast!
    u fucking dance for ae you cun bucket

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hah, Zen is pulling a Cass/Joh/James in here?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

EDIT: Also I am enrolled in the fall semester in New Jersey. Still no word on how to handle living arrangements while I am there taking classes, but I'll make it work when the time comes.

Just as long as everyone does not jump ship and leave me to do things completely independently.

Again.
    Funny. I actually seem to succeed better when I am left the fuck alone. I put up my own goals, my own checks and balances, and I'm not bothered by anyone else.

Case in point: I did my Masters' terribly while being surrounded by friends and family and an involved supervisor. Then I did a much harder Doctorate with much more ease while being alone and 1000km away from anyone I knew and with a supervisor who speaks to me once a month mostly to make sure I'm still around.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Hah, Zen is pulling a Cass/Joh/James in here?

and this is why I'm glad I don't drink.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    yalborap: Pants, yay no nay? The polls wait!

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Again.
    Funny. I actually seem to succeed better when I am left the fuck alone. I put up my own goals, my own checks and balances, and I'm not bothered by anyone else.

Case in point: I did my Masters' terribly while being surrounded by friends and family and an involved supervisor. Then I did a much harder Doctorate with much more ease while being alone and 1000km away from anyone I knew and with a supervisor who speaks to me once a month mostly to make sure I'm still around.
    diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks

I'm proud of you for finding what worked for you and sticking with it. I don't even really know what works for me-- I have a fair idea, though, of what doesn't. Maybe medication will help that, but I'm skeptical-- even if the lack of medication is contributing to the skepticism.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    And before you vote, remember: Jesus, Buddha and Gandhi didn't wear pants. Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin did wear pants.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    fuck u hitler

fuck u up your gay ass

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    fuck u hitler

fuck u up your gay ass

Words of wisdom.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Here's to hoping for these next two weeks to go by fast.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Don't insult gays, Zen. :|

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So rank these:

Sinbad
    Gallagher
    Carrot Top
    Dane Cook

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    FUCK YOU NBC LET ME WATCH HEROES IN JAPAN YOU FUCKING FUCKS

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Christ, I'm hungry.

Now that I think of it, I've had nothing but the occasional junk food for like, a day.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Here's to hoping for these next two weeks to go by fast.
    What happens in two weeks?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So rank these:

Sinbad
    Gallagher
    Carrot Top
    Dane Cook

Gallagher
    Sinbad
    Carrot Top
    Dane Cook

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    And before you vote, remember: Jesus, Buddha and Gandhi didn't wear pants. Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin did wear pants.

I'm personally a fan of shorts, due to the hot weather and lack of available kilts.

yalborap on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So rank these:

Sinbad
    Gallagher
    Carrot Top
    Dane Cook

Gallagher
    DaneCook