As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Amazing Spider-Thread

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Knob wrote:
    1) Wolverine getting his memories back was just an interesting sidenote to House of M. It certainly was not the entire point. The whole point was to take the world mutant population down from untold tens of thousands down to 198.

Wait, what?

Please give me details.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DayspireDayspire Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Scarlet Witch said, "No more mutants!" and bang. Zip. Thousands lost their powers. Poor ol' Chamber - if you know who he is - is in a world of hurt. Apparently, Dr. Strange did some mojo near the end, and managed to save a few (the 198).

There are now only 198 mutants. Now, of course - many of them are the important ones (Wolvie, Colossus, Mr. Peeps). And now there's a lot more angst as people (anti-mutant groups) want to finish 'em off.

Dayspire on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    Y'know, this is not the worst Spider-Man costume we've seen. Not by far.

PARA EXAMPLE:
    timeslip.jpg

JJJJspidey.jpg

canvman.jpg

BlackShortSleeves.jpg

cyber_spider.jpg

sibersp.jpg

sm2211.jpg

smancomand.jpg

spiderphoenix.jpg

spiderhulk.jpg

And last but not least:

smanf4suit.jpg

Knob on
  • Options
    MutantCircusMutantCircus Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I just found out about the new costume.

I think I'm gonna hurl.
    Knob wrote:
    Y'know, this is not the worst Spider-Man costume we've seen. Not by far.

PARA EXAMPLE:
    snip

And last but not least:

smanf4suit.jpg
    You do know that most of those were one-shot temp costumes or in some cases, total jokes, right?

MutantCircus on
    banner7wc.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Fuck you, man. Spidey 2099 is awesome.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    You do know that most of those were one-shot temp costumes or in some cases, total jokes, right?

Really?! I was completely unaware! Thanks for pointing that out, I might have accidentally looked like I didn't know what I was talking about!

ahem

They are articles of clothing to be worn in order to conceal an identity, thus making them costumes

And they are stupid

So all together now: they are stupid costumes, which is the only thing I claimed.

Knob on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Knob wrote:
    BlackShortSleeves.jpg

What are you talking about? That costume is fabulous.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Upon retrospect, the Spider-Phoenix costume is actually pretty fucking rad

Knob on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    More sillyness:

CostumeSpiderCarnage.gif

CostumeSpiderLizard.gif

CostumeCosmicSpidey.gif

CostumeSpiderNinja.gif

CostumeSpiderPadded425.gif

CostumeOctoSpidey.gif

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    More sillyness:

CostumeCosmicSpidey.gif

That's not silly. That's awesome shit right there.
    My first comic ever was a Spider-Man as Captain Universe story.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Dex Dynamo wrote:

I like the black w/red symbol a lot.

Tach on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    More sillyness:

CostumeCosmicSpidey.gif

That's not silly. That's awesome shit right there.
    My first comic ever was a Spider-Man as Captain Universe story.

Man, the first one I remember was the one where Peter finds out he's a clone and beats on Mary Jane.

My memories suck.

SA on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Man, the first one I remember was the one where Peter finds out he's a clone and beats on Mary Jane.

My memories suck.

cyber_spider.jpg

That's mine. I think both of our memories suck.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2006
    Knob wrote:
    Upon retrospect, the Spider-Phoenix costume is actually pretty fucking rad

I was about to come in here and yell at you for that, but the retraction makes everything better again.

<3

Whippy on
  • Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2006
    I am interested in what Tony Stark built into the suit. I always wondered how much you could strap onto spider-man to empower him with out weighing down his agility. I mean he could be bullet proof, over all toughness would be improved. His ability to bounce around could be improved. His eye sight could be technologically improved his hearing. He could have a built in communications system built in for calling for help or ordering pizza. He could have all different kinds of webbing.

Does he still have those organic webshooters from that time he turned into a big brown spider and then burst out of it or is that no longer in continuity? He had organic webshooters after that.

Any way, why is every one talking about the look but no one is talking about the functionality that was hinted at in the article. Why do I think so different then every one. First thing I think about is reversing the gold and crimson which no one says and now I am commenting on something no one else wrote about, why am I so special... hmmm *walks away to the corner to be alone*

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    I am interested in what Tony Stark built into the suit. I always wondered how much you could strap onto spider-man to empower him with out weighing down his agility. I mean he could be bullet proof, over all toughness would be improved. His ability to bounce around could be improved. His eye sight could be technologically improved his hearing. He could have a built in communications system built in for calling for help or ordering pizza. He could have all different kinds of webbing.

Does he still have those organic webshooters from that time he turned into a big brown spider and then burst out of it or is that no longer in continuity? He had organic webshooters after that.

Any way, why is every one talking about the look but no one is talking about the functionality that was hinted at in the article. Why do I think so different then every one. First thing I think about is reversing the gold and crimson which no one says and now I am commenting on something no one else wrote about, why am I so special... hmmm *walks away to the corner to be alone*

I don't see why his costume needs to be bullet proof as Spidey's spider sense has been developed so that he can predict and easily dodge machine gun fire.

SA on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    If Tony Stark could up his durability with a highly flexible very light weight costume I think that would help him a lot. I can't remember how many times some one has grabbed him by the ankle and swung him against a car or floor. And recently there was a guy with bullets that would follow him.

Also they touched on the idea of spiderman learning how to fight from Captain America.

So with fighting skills from captain america and flexible light armor from tony stark. What else? I guess Luke Cage could give Spider man the phone # to his crew. That would be pretty cool. "I'll get my niggahs after you mofo" Who else is on the avengers?

But letting that line of thinking go for a little bit I really like the idea of Peter Parker no longer thinking of this spiderman thing as something he does on the side. I mean super heroing really needs to be his focus. Like Frank Castle or Batman. You know what I mean? No reson for him to be swinging around the city in tights and some spider tracers he threw together in his basement.

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    What?

Knob on
  • Options
    MartmanMartman Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Knob wrote:
    What?
    Just let him ramble. He'll tire himself out eventually.

Martman on
    TheFishF wrote:
    dude you going to answer my question or just say words that make no sence :?
    My Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 051-600-286-877
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    SquirrelAnarchy wrote :

My response to this is that upping Spiderman’s durability with a Stark tech lightweight armor is still a good thing. He doesn’t away dodge bullets. He fought some guy a couple of months ago that shot bullets that followed him. The bullets couldn’t be dodged. Also I cant remember how many times I’ve seen some villain grab Spiderman’s ankle and then swing him and bash him against a car or floor or something. So getting some sort of lightweight highly durable stark tech costume is a good thing. And something worth doing as long as it doesn’t take away from his agility.

Also it seems that we are all focused on Tony contributing to spider man but also recently captain America has been teaching Spiderman tai chi or something. Something that helped him stop one out of two bullets.

My point is that Peter’s life is getting contributions from his teammates. Putting on a more durable suit and learning martial arts is something Peter Parker should have done a long time ago. This Spiderman thing isn’t like a part time hobby any more. It’s time he starts more focusing his life towards being a super hero. Like Frank Castle, I mean frank is just a man with no powers but he trains and he equips himself to empower him towards being a vigilante. Spiderman is a hero. He shouldn’t be swinging around the sky with out being more prepared. Lightweight costume from stark that increases his durability, training from Captain America to help him in strategic thinking and in fighting. I hope that spider man continues to be written as a responsible adult who is doing everything he can and not just swinging around the city catch as catch can, that doesn’t make sense to me. Not after this long and not now that he has a support system with his family and teammates. He isn’t poor any more or a loner any more. He should be well equipped and well trained. There is no reason for him not to be.

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Knob wrote:

Really?! I was completely unaware! Thanks for pointing that out, I might have accidentally looked like I didn't know what I was talking about!

ahem

They are articles of clothing to be worn in order to conceal an identity, thus making them costumes

And they are stupid

So all together now: they are stupid costumes, which is the only thing I claimed.
    I know, I just mean those costumes were for the most part just to make us say "har har spidey looks so stupid in that," as opposed to this new costume, where Marvel actually expects us to eat this up. :( This is such sad news.

MutantCircus on
    banner7wc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I am kind of glad parker is taking his hero gig seriously. What with the upgrading of his costume and learning martial arts from Captain America. It just shows he is growing up and it helps him to be better prepared. Maybe Daredevil can teach him Ninja invisablity tricks. Or maybe luke cage can teach him something too. Or contribute something in some way to help spiderman. He isn't really a loner any more.

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    What?

Knob on
  • Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    I am kind of glad parker is taking his hero gig seriously. What with the upgrading of his costume and learning martial arts from Captain America. It just shows he is growing up and it helps him to be better prepared. Maybe Daredevil can teach him Ninja invisablity tricks. Or maybe luke cage can teach him something too. Or contribute something in some way to help spiderman. He isn't really a loner any more.

Once again, I don't claim to be a comics expert but... fuck man, you've never read a single Spider-Man comic, have you?

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2006
    maybe spider-woman can teach him the power of boobs

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    who
    what
    where
    when
    why
    how

Spiderman/PeterParker
    new costumes and skills from teammates
    mostly in the Stark Building/New Avengers HQ
    Recently
    BEcause he is part of a team and he has more resources then before.
    by training with Captian America and Tony's generously giving so much to Peter.

Yay!

graizur on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Spider-Man doesn't need any fucking help

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    the sentry can lend him some invulnerability

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Spider-Man is not fucking Amazo

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    apparently luke cage's power is having a posse

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Well what else could he contribute to Spider-Man? It was the first thing that came to mind.

Is this what is twisting your knickers? The idea of Spider-Man getting more stuff?

[edit thanks Shoe]

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    Well what else could he contribute to spiderman? It was the first thing that came to mind.

Is this what is twisting your knickers? The idea of Spiderman getting more stuff?

Maybe Hyphen-Man could lend him a hyphen.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Spider-Man doesn't need any fucking help
    Damn straight.

MutantCircus on
    banner7wc.jpg
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Spider-man is really Mega man?

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I am not going to argue. Yet I disagree, I think having contributions from his teammates is a good thing as long as it doesn't weaken him in any way.

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    you know what though

I think Spider-Man could use less help and more bad shit happening to him and less weird-ass spider powers.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Maybe the Guardians could give him a Power Ring

And he could get a mystic Uru mallet

And vampire powers too

Knob on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Would it make sense for Peter not to take advantage of having friends?

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Yes

Taking advantage of your friends is wrong

Knob on