As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

• Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I consume very little data, but I'm not a big streamer

the only time I go over a couple hundred megs a day is when there's a new volume of Big Black Dicks Little White Chicks

MikeMan on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    comcast is such horrible bullshit

i will never give them my money ever again after they tried to screw me out of $600

U-Verse all the way

Now that's a story I'm curious about. I did see accounting try to screw a couple out of $2000+ once. And elderly couple that just paid their bill without ever looking at it was charged for internet for years even though they never had it, and accounting only wanted to refund 6 months since that's what the ToS says.

I disconnected their horrible service with horrible UI, inconsistent internet speed, constantly-freezing-up DVR and bad feed. Turned in my DVR(s) at the office, switched over to fiber service.

6 months later I get a letter in a mail saying they had billed me for the last six months and I had better pay or they were going to sick bill collectors on me.

When I called customer service to tell them I had disconnected their service months ago they said "no you didn't"

Fight ensued, several weeks and a hundred phonecalls later their fifty five billion dollar company decided they would let my $600 slide

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    so i bought a wallet off the internet a couple of years ago from, like, wallets R us. and now i get weekly specials and offers from the site, like clockwork

i really don't need that many wallets, guys

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    where do you store your condoms then, will

Rent on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Passer-

Are American Muslims "in general" as Anti-Baha'i as the ones in the middle east are? Cause Iranian Muslims have a hate-on for them that is pretty majestic.

I suspect the younger ones don't care as much as the older ones... or is it even a thing here at all?

I haven't personally encountered it myself, but that could be because there isn't a big Baha'i population here in Seattle. I met one Baha'i man who was originally from Iran, he said he was much happier here. I met him at a predominantly Muslim gathering with many other Iranian Muslims, they treated him the same as everyone else. Given how most American Muslims I know react to religions which directly conflict with Islam's teachings (Christianity, for example), I'm going to guess we're on the 'tolerate' side of things. You know - 'I don't agree with your beliefs, but you're a person and I'm a person, so we can be cool, there's no point being rude to you'. I think this is partly because American Muslims are a tiny minority compared to the rest of the US population, so it doesn't make sense on many levels for us to get a big hate-on for another tiny minority.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I rolled up a worgen hunter last night and played through their opening area. It was pretty awesome.

Plus you get a tophat.

I have a werewolf that is currently wearing a tophat

Worgen really makes me want to play WoW.

Because I want a human druid. And worgen is the closest I'd ever get.

I hate all races but humans. They are either ugly, disgusting, unsanitary, or ugly.

Daxon on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    My cable provider is actually sensible about bandwidth. Between 12PM and 12AM you get 2.5 gigs. If you go over that during that time, they bump you down to 2.5 megs until midnight, where you can use bandwidth all you want until 12PM again, where everything resets to zero and you have the limit again.
    see, this is what I'm talking about. That's pretty sweet.

Yeah, this actually reflects the real-life problems of supplying a utility in limited supply. The same thing works when electricity and water utilities do it (but obviously they can't limit you so they just charge a lot more to lower usage at those times).

It's funny how this problem has been solved forever in other areas, yet most ISPs claim that it's impossible to manage and they need to selectively prioritize the internet (in exchange for dollars from content providers, of course).

Technically, bandwidth is not a finite resource. It merely has problems with infrastructure. Cable company infrastructure are getting ridiculously old and having an increased time keeping up with demand of today's online users.

Instead of investing in new technology to stay somewhat competitive like they did back in the 90s with DSL, they're basically passing the buck to you in hopes that you're too stupid to realize you have alternatives.

Sheep on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    or maybe the other way around. i can't keep them straight.
    YOU BANNED AN INNOCENT MAN! His posts are on your hands!

What posts? He's banned. :P

LaOs on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Welp, I think I really did it this time. I think I'm really fired.

And it's not even my goddamn fault. I fucking hate my boss. What a fucking douchebag.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    so what happened with rust/rent anyway?

rust decided he couldn't stop himself from being breathless and incendiary about whatever the topic of the day happened to be and earned himself a little vacation. rent is still unjailed as far as i know.

if i knew who i was i'd be offended by this

but i'm...still not sure...

i doesn't help that you change your avatar once per week and are jailed like half the time

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Will didn't ban Rust. He needs to quit taking credit for other peoples work!

According to his infractions, Jacob gave him the 3 pointer that sent him packing.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

who needs condoms when you have a foreskin

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

i am in a long term relationship

don't need condoms

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »

the only time I go over a couple hundred megs a day is when there's a new volume of Big Black Dicks Little White Chicks

man even those monster cocks don't go over 4 gigs

and that's, what, once or twice a month tops

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Passer I keep reading fasting as farting

Hah, actually, for the first week or so until your system adjusts there is a lot of farting.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

i will never give them my money ever again after they tried to screw me out of $600

U-Verse all the way

Now that's a story I'm curious about. I did see accounting try to screw a couple out of $2000+ once. And elderly couple that just paid their bill without ever looking at it was charged for internet for years even though they never had it, and accounting only wanted to refund 6 months since that's what the ToS says.

I disconnected their horrible service with horrible UI, inconsistent internet speed, constantly-freezing-up DVR and bad feed. Turned in my DVR(s) at the office, switched over to fiber service.

6 months later I get a letter in a mail saying they had billed me for the last six months and I had better pay or they were going to sick bill collectors on me.

When I called customer service to tell them I had disconnected their service months ago they said "no you didn't"

Fight ensued, several weeks and a hundred phonecalls later their fifty five billion dollar company decided they would let my $600 slide

I know people who have had slightly similar experiences with Verizon and a local company. Actually, the local company was a very similar experience.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

both are equally effective at avoiding pregnancy!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    He asked me specifically to repeat that. His posts are in your hands.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Passer I keep reading fasting as farting

you are a strange, strange man

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    So I rolled up a worgen hunter last night and played through their opening area. It was pretty awesome.

Plus you get a tophat.

I have a werewolf that is currently wearing a tophat

Worgen really makes me want to play WoW.

Because I want a human druid. And worgen is the closest I'd ever get.

I hate all races but humans. They are either ugly, disgusting, unsanitary, or ugly.
    Man, I'm usually the guy rolling human in a fantasy game, but WoW humans are ugly. Every time I went into a Caverns of Time instance I threw up a little in my mouth.

Bama on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

U-Verse all the way

That's the annoying thing about shitty phone reps. I would have back dated you to the date the equipment was turned in and not thought anything about it.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh god, Olbermann just ripped Obama a bigger asshole than he EVER did W; he is losing it on him.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Cause when women see your foreskin, they won't let you put it in them. Thus avoiding possible babies.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    so what happened with rust/rent anyway?

rust decided he couldn't stop himself from being breathless and incendiary about whatever the topic of the day happened to be and earned himself a little vacation. rent is still unjailed as far as i know.

if i knew who i was i'd be offended by this

but i'm...still not sure...

i doesn't help that you change your avatar once per week and are jailed like half the time

:(((((((((((((

Rent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Will didn't ban Rust. He needs to quit taking credit for other peoples work!

According to his infractions, Jacob gave him the 3 pointer that sent him packing.

yeah jake got that head on his wall

but i had called out and warned rust for doing that exact thing the day before

so i guess that should count as an assist

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

don't need condoms

but what if you knock frankie up

William Worthington the 3rd will be a bastard

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »

man even those monster cocks don't go over 4 gigs

and that's, what, once or twice a month tops
    i once saw a cock so big it was 6 gigabytes

MikeMan on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    The nice thing is, if I get my own place, I won't go with the ISP that caps. GCI is the company my landlord is using, because they also provide cable, but I could just go with ACS and they don't impose a limit.

Everyone caps in Canada.

:(
    Shaw doesn't really enforce in a lot of places

but they will be now that they can charge on overages

Do you know if there's a way to tell what portion of your cap you've used in a given month (even if it's just for prior months rather than current)?

I also don't think I'm going to come close to the cap, even with my newfound Netflix. Really just more curious.

In some places you can check in their online customer care thing, but it's not universal

Hmm... Guess I'll look there then.

LaOs on
  • Options
    AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Gooey wrote:
    and i am using his burning hatred of the humans who have oppressed his people to help me make decisions in the game
    Fight, fight, fight

Asharaxx on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    vxx3o.jpg

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »

Cause when women see your foreskin, they won't let you put it in them. Thus avoiding possible babies.

exactly

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All male models in WoW are awful.

All of them.

Every single one.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

don't need condoms

but what if you knock frankie up

William Worthington the 3rd will be a bastard

i am actually the fourth

so my theoretical progeny would be the fifth

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Oh god, Olbermann just ripped Obama a bigger asshole than he EVER did W; he is losing it on him.

Maddows thing on it is slightly more reasonable but pretty scathing too

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    vxx3o.jpg

oh my god

oh my god

oh my god

Rent on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    I want to play that One Chance game again. I've cleared my browser cache on FireFox and it still didn't work. Tried to play it on Chrome and it still gave me the same "ending" screen from the first time I played it. I don't think they're doing something like logging IPs or anything.

Am I forgetting something?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/555181

Sheep on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's the annoying thing about shitty phone reps. I would have back dated you to the date the equipment was turned in and not thought anything about it.
    minimum wage grunts who really go to bat for their employers make me a sad panda

Bama on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm pretty sure rust is the one who is a bigger asshole

and lesser skill at the rendering of upper lips

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    in the primordial depths of the sea swim cocks capable of crashing the internet

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So without digging through the G&T tech threads, I want a netbook. I want a netbook that's under $300, and works well for just updating the blog and web browsing and watching movies and tv.

If I can hook it up to a tv through HDMI, bonus, but it's not a requirement.

Any owners want to chime in?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
This discussion has been closed.