As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I totally understand the left being furious with Obama. I'm pretty furious with Obama. But what can I do? Not vote and let someone even worse get in? Sometimes I feel like I should just leave this shit-ass country and call it a day. I don't like what hating this many people does to me.

Continue to vote for the lesser of two evils, recognize that change is generally incremental, and that a sustained run of Democratic president are far more likely to pull the country leftward than a single president

value pragmatic change over a futile hope that any single administration can achieve a set of nebulous hard left ideas in 4 years

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Worgen Transformations make WoW awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02HFpDjPmqI

Ludious on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    also who posted that thing about Everest?

i hadn't realized they just leave the bodies on the mountain

It's not like there are going to be many people willing to go and get them.

It's hard enough getting there without trying to carry a corpse that has probably frozen in an inconvenient pose back down again.

japan on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    its cool ludious, but it grates on me that you can switch between awesome looking worgen and durfy looking human models

Arch on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Generally they can't find them anyway, since people often die during a storm or something like that and by the time it's safe to retrieve the bodies they're lost.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I've heard they even use them for trail markers really. Which is frightening.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm not sure I get the Obama hate. I get the Obama frustration, but not the hate.

From where I see it, the current gist is that this is a terrible deal, which I would agree with, and the instinct is to say he should have pushed for more. Perhaps, but I have to wonder: How much more could he have gotten? My observation of the Republican party has been a party that has followed obstructionism so devotely they'd only vote for a blue policy if it was part of a veeeeeeeeeery slightly purplish-red package, which I think this bill is equivalent to.

So I ask from a position of ignorance: What else could he do?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

They should ride them like sleds down to basecamp.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I totally understand the left being furious with Obama. I'm pretty furious with Obama. But what can I do? Not vote and let someone even worse get in? Sometimes I feel like I should just leave this shit-ass country and call it a day. I don't like what hating this many people does to me.

There's always a primary challenge. Although I doubt that would happen either.
    There's the fact that an incumbent has like, never lost the primary of his party. Like, ever.

Unless I'm forgetting some freak occurrence in the sands of time.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010

move to boston

seriously

like, there's a certain amount of insulation because of the way the state is run and you essentially never run into a real conservative, so you don't have to deal with them.

living here has really deflated my cynicism and antipathy to the country to a surprising degree. we're far from perfect, but it has made a real difference to my life.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    climbing everest would be so fucking cool

definitely on my life goals

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm not sure I get the Obama hate. I get the Obama frustration, but not the hate.

From where I see it, the current gist is that this is a terrible deal, which I would agree with, and the instinct is to say he should have pushed for more. Perhaps, but I have to wonder: How much more could he have gotten? My observation of the Republican party has been a party that has followed obstructionism so devotely they'd only vote for a blue policy if it was part of a veeeeeeeeeery slightly purplish-red package, which I think this bill is equivalent to.

Nothing really, hell republicans are talking about stalling this compromise because hes the devil to their base and anything he passes is bad for them.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Daxon's pro human racism is genuinely somewhat disturbing to me

i don't like playing non-humans in games.

i like playing white male humans

like me!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I want to make a Worgen hunter named Spot with a Wolf pet named Mr. Abernathy.

Ludious on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

That is.. that is special.

Racism against non-existent, non-human races is disturbing to you.

Y'know, mostly my hatred of all non-human races in fantasy games/novels/whatnot is that they tend to always been just one feature of humanity magnified by a billion.

This makes for incredibly shit and uninteresting characters.

Oh look, it's a dwarf with an inferiority complex. Guess what? He grew up in a mine and loves rocks. Yay. You are fucking original.

Oh look, it's an elf. He likes to prance about and generally be a completely one dimensional fairy. Yay.

Oh look, it's a werewolf. He struggles against his base and animalistic nature on a daily basis, while trying to fit in to normal human society.

Daxon on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »

There's the fact that an incumbent has like, never lost the primary of his party. Like, ever.

Which is why I said it wouldn't happen :P

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hezekiah

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »

Y'know, mostly my hatred of all non-human races in fantasy games/novels/whatnot is that they tend to always been just one feature of humanity magnified by a billion.

Oh look, it's a dwarf with an inferiority complex. Guess what? He grew up in a mine and loves rocks. Yay. You are fucking original.

Oh look, it's an elf. He likes to prance about and generally be a completely one dimensional fairy. Yay.

Oh look, it's a werewolf. He struggles against his base and animalistic nature on a daily basis, while trying to fit in to normal human society.

one of these is not like the others

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

I want to make a goblin hunter named Gizmo, but I'm sure that name is way way taken already.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

There are basset hound hunter pets now.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    oh shit i should reserve a cool name for my goblin rogue even though i wont get cata for a while

hmmmmm

Arch on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ooh maybe Hiram

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alright, gotta go sort amiras and take photos.

Be good to each other, [chat].

Passerbye on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is The Life Aquatic good

MikeMan on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »

Oh look, a human.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    oh shit i should reserve a cool name for my goblin rogue even though i wont get cata for a while

hmmmmm

Bonapart

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is The Life Aquatic good

yes

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    is The Life Aquatic good

REVENGE!

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    climbing everest would be so fucking cool

definitely on my life goals

Daddy, look at me daddy.

Do you love me now?

Leitner on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In 20 minutes I get to go to the company infrastructure party. It's being catered.

It's a tea party!

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is The Life Aquatic good
    Do you like Wes Anderson's stuff in general? If so, then yes. If not, then maybe.

Bama on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    All male models in WoW are awful.

All of them.

Every single one.

Naw taurens are ok. But I mean they're basically minotaurs and that's what they look like so, yeah.

I also don't mind the male night elf models. Although I really wish I could trim some eyebrows.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well lets see. Dwarves in WoW don't really have an inferiority complex. They're too busy trying to discover their origins, re-unite with their dark iron brethern whilst constantly being thwarted by the horde, twilight sects of dark iron, and having to help the Gnomes, you know, get over losing their entire fucking home.

The Elves in WoW aren't really froo froo flitty flighty.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In 20 minutes I get to go to the company infrastructure party. It's being catered.

It's a tea party!

So are you going to be a princess?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Fillmore and Johnson, and Reagan came close to toppling Ford.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

hmmmmm

Bonapart

hmmmmmM!

Arch on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010

Supported the senate more, supported the idea of attacking the filibuster. Use his platform to explain what the pubs were doing...

He has been an awful communicator and leader. He gave a great tax cut to everyone, but because it was given in every paycheck as opposed to a shiny single check in the mail and it was NEVER properly explained to the people, he is able to be sold as a person bad on taxes.

And he is not fighting above the message the media has painted at all.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well lets see. Dwarves in WoW don't really have an inferiority complex. They're too busy trying to discover their origins, re-unite with their dark iron brethern whilst constantly being thwarted by the horde, twilight sects of dark iron, and having to help the Gnomes, you know, get over losing their entire fucking home.

The Elves in WoW aren't really froo froo flitty flighty.

they were then the Blood Elves went all emo and shit

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

move to boston

seriously

like, there's a certain amount of insulation because of the way the state is run and you essentially never run into a real conservative, so you don't have to deal with them.

living here has really deflated my cynicism and antipathy to the country to a surprising degree. we're far from perfect, but it has made a real difference to my life.

I've lived in the CT, MA, NY tri-state area my entire life. My hometown has the longest running continuous war protest in the country. The only time I actually saw a lot of conservatives was in college, and they were all the townies. I'm not frustrated for a lack of likeminded people around me.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.