As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

• BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Man, Garrosh was such a prick in WotLK. Really he and Varian needed to just fuck and get it over with then maybe run away together and let the grown ups run the factions.

He was, and still kind of is in Cata. But honestly the horde needs a dick like him to set some shit straight. Thrall let so much dumb fuckery occur under his watch that Garrosh got handed a shit sandwhich. Now he's all balls to the wall lets take some fucking territory and remind the alliance why they used to fear the god damn horde.
    Oh sure, blame Thrall. Listen, when are Garrosh and his cronies going to start taking responsibility for the state of the Horde?

Bama on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why elect Dems at all then will?

You don't honestly believe that McCain would have been the same or better.

Senjutsu on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    I know virtually nothing of the wow story/lore

what do you all like read the quest text or something? where does all this come from

I just like looking at the pretty colors

Quest text, especially in the new old world really fills in gaps. Also on quests where you aquire letters and stuff for objectives those usually can also be read and fill in gaps on things.

nice if it's in game I'll just pay attention. I didn't know if it was coming from books or something on a website. thanks.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, Garrosh was such a prick in WotLK. Really he and Varian needed to just fuck and get it over with then maybe run away together and let the grown ups run the factions.

He was, and still kind of is in Cata. But honestly the horde needs a dick like him to set some shit straight. Thrall let so much dumb fuckery occur under his watch that Garrosh got handed a shit sandwhich. Now he's all balls to the wall lets take some fucking territory and remind the alliance why they used to fear the god damn horde.
    Oh sure, blame Thrall. Listen, when are Garrosh and his cronies going to start taking responsibility for the state of the Horde?

When thrall returns and takes the righteous to the elemental plane

Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Well played.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    The republicans could EASILY be blamed. Someone like Al Franken could get on the national circuit, sit on the couch with Oprah or The View, or wherever else flyover eyes park, and start shit-talking his opposition by simply saying that we want to give this this and this to you, but the republicans don't give a damn about you unless you make 250k a year or more, because they are using your livelihood and security as collateral or their rich campaign donors.

Done. And watch the ensuing ratings and cable news meltdown that would happen. You HAVE to use the tools available to you.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Actually, I really love the southern barrens story line from the horde side.

Alliance fire bombs a civilian outpost and then its 65 quests of the horde beating the ever living shit out of the human scum responsible for it.

What happens is Garrosh challenges Cairne to a duel because Cairne called him out on being a douche. Cairne accepts much to Garrosh's surprise. Before the fight, which isn't supposed to be to the death Magatha, the leader of the grimtotem poisons garrosh's blade so a small wound poisons Cairne and kills him.

Garrosh is crushed, he admired Cairne and mourns his loss as a hero of the horde. Magatha escapes but is pretty much persona nongrata to the horde and 1k needles quests set her up as a future villian.

Garrosh takes Cairnes last words to heart and calms down a lot. He even executes an Orc commander in Stonetalon for going overboard and killing a bunch of night elf civilians with a plague bomb.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

If Dems should only do what the republicans allow them to whats the difference

nexuscrawler on
    edited December 2010
    I know virtually nothing of the wow story/lore

what do you all like read the quest text or something? where does all this come from

I just like looking at the pretty colors

Quest text, especially in the new old world really fills in gaps. Also on quests where you aquire letters and stuff for objectives those usually can also be read and fill in gaps on things.

nice if it's in game I'll just pay attention. I didn't know if it was coming from books or something on a website. thanks.

Also yeah some of it is in the books, comics, and comes from lore panels which can be found on wowwiki

Arch on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    what's happening, [chat]?

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    I like Sylvanas. : (

She's pretty great, but I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be evil as fuck.

Of course she's evil. Have you seen what the Forsaken have done? They aren't any better than Arthas

not really. I'm not a super nerd who has the list of deeds memorized. I think I maybe read two of the quests I did from 1 - 70.

ok no need to be an ass

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited December 2010
    Podly wrote: »

WoW lore and political griping

nexuscrawler on
    edited December 2010
    Starve The Beast is an incredibly hard strategy to combat if you can't regain long-term control of both houses of congress

it's entirely predicated on making the government into a useless pile of shit, getting people mad about said shit, and using those angry votes to create more shit

they already thrive on people being mad at the government... I have never understood it and I'm sure I never will but it seems to be the pub strategy. government is evil so you better elect us.

It works because they say they're going to Washington to kill off all the half-funded crap they helped half-fund, and their base is too stupid to notice.

Simultaneously, because it takes years of effort at slowly improving things, it's effective at convincing Democratic voters to act all pissy when they don't get their way in 2 years flat, because honestly most of them are too stupid to understand that getting a bit of what you want over a long period of time is a really good deal compared to the alternative.

Instead they just piss away their voted on 3rd parties that will never work in the American system

Senjutsu on
    edited December 2010

and they are kind of hard to tell apart

except one has elves

Arch on
    edited December 2010

Its mostly in game. Like for a lot of Cata developments just watch the opening movie of each race and you get a lot of the new stuff. Outside of that each zone gives an insight in to whats currently going on in that area/overall. Like the goblin faction that joins up really needed a place to stay after death wing torched their home city and then uhh you kind of blow up their new island...

Which is funny when you go to aszshara one of the guys says he doesn't know if he should be happy to see you or frightened and he was glad there was no volcano nearby.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

She's pretty great, but I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be evil as fuck.

So?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »

and they are kind of hard to tell apart

except one has elves

One has more tauren penis
    but it's not the one you think

nexuscrawler on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    there is a real political discussion and a fantasy political discussion

Nerdgasmic on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And now the Tauren aren't being led by a shaman? What the hell is going on!

Bama on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    The republicans could EASILY be blamed. Someone like Al Franken could get on the national circuit, sit on the couch with Oprah or The View, or wherever else flyover eyes park, and start shit-talking his opposition by simply saying that we want to give this this and this to you, but the republicans don't give a damn about you unless you make 250k a year or more, because they are using your livelihood and security as collateral or their rich campaign donors.

Done. And watch the ensuing ratings and cable news meltdown that would happen. You HAVE to use the tools available to you.

Admittedly I'm a filthy foreigner, so I could be wrong, but I thought the last time something from Oprah or The View hit Fox News was when Tom Cruise was doing his acrobatics thing.

The tools available to you are not necessarily the tools used by those you need to sway.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Republicans do shit like this all the time. The real question is do we want to perpetuate this poisonous bullshit or most likely get booted from washington trying to eliminate it.

Like Will says... look at the alternatives. Embrace the poison and live to legislate another day. Fight it and die.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Of course she's evil. Have you seen what the Forsaken have done? They aren't any better than Arthas

not really. I'm not a super nerd who has the list of deeds memorized. I think I maybe read two of the quests I did from 1 - 70.

ok no need to be an ass
    its okay
    the only canon lore comes from warcraft I, II, III and the Frozen Throne.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Would I be okay with those Will? Nope. Would the country blame the Republicans well if the Democrats had focused on abusing the media probably but now nope. When this gets passed will it stop the Republican barrage? Not a chance. Will those things you just said be used against Obama? Probably! "He passed this to keep people on welfare." "He doesn't believe in the free market." "Those people on UI are just lazy." Will I live in one of the Republican echo boxes. I live in the place where Tancredo was from. Our radio stations have commercials on how wonderful it is we sell coal to China and that we are getting rich from the upper class tax breaks. This is a lose lose for Obama with the right wing sound board no matter what. But could of been a win if he stuck to his guns with his base and those who would be proselytizers and apologetics for him. Hell he would be in step with the majority of the country according to the polls.

So I am sorry Will I would be said those would be gone due to Republican obstructionism. But when they come up again, especially the UI you think it will get through the Republican house? Or through the now close senate? Because you know what it won't and they will blame it on the Democrats.

Democrats seem to keep trying to play by this old set of rules of doing the right thing will always win out in the long run. Sadly with how the media is and such this isn't true anymore.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I disagree with you Preach and Will. I understand that compromises need to be made. I know full damn well that we weren't going to get 100% out of the two wars draining the treasury, have nationalized healthcare in under a year or have a brand new set of new deal style stimulus with the tax increases on certain areas to pay for it along with full scale regulation of the banking and finical system and closing the loop holes that provide incentives to ship stuff overseas.

But damn it if they went through and fought for these things and used the numbers and their "unprecedented majority" to hold the upper hand in negotiating and dictated some of the terms of the negotiation I would of been happier than I am now.

the dems didn't have an upper hand for negotiation. the GOP did. they still do.

the president needed to do X, Y, and Z as per his elected mandate.

the republicans needed to stop anything from changing, as per their elected mandate.

our system is set up such that stopping things is very easy and doing things is very hard. but the expectation was and continues to be that the democrats need to get stuff done.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2010

War, war never changes.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Politics and Cataclysm.

LaOs on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Are you all really discussing WoW fluff?

Cinders on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Which one interests you more? This is a test.

Donkey Kong on
    edited December 2010

If Dems should only do what the republicans allow them to whats the difference

The extremes are different. Less shitty is still better than extremely shitty. Running another war in Iran would not be making things better right now.

Senjutsu on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010

well

because they might not be able to get as much done as we liberals would like in most political/ social environments

but at least they aren't generally aggressively doing horrible things.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2010

War, war never changes.

CATACLYSM CHANGES EVERYTHING I KNEW ABOUT WOW THOUGH

i expected everyone to hold hands and get married

repeal DADT

Arch on
    edited December 2010

boar, boar never changes.

nexuscrawler on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

the dude in the red shirt got hungry so Blizzard had to feed him the real Tauren leader : (

much blood was shed that day

a lot of sweat too

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

boar, boar never changes.

what you want to add creationism on top of this already fantastic pile of shit

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited December 2010

I used to like McCain back when he was against Bush and offering an alternative to neo-conservatism. I think we all know better by now though.

Donkey Kong on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Westminster systems do have their strengths and weaknesses. So yes, NZ or the UK rarely have legislative gridlock, but on the other hand 3 weeks ago NZ's parliament passed in one day a significant change in employment law that may (or may not) have been demanded by Warner Brothers in order to ensure the Hobbit is made in NZ and that law will stay in place, without review until a future parliament decides to change it. The friggen Hobbit caused parliament to disregard constitutional convention and nothing in our system can stop that.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    edited December 2010

obama did this over health care. it didn't really make much of a difference

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Which one interests you more? This is a test.

they are both a little sickening

I liked the Forsaken when they were good guys :(

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    Really I'm starting to think that Democratic voters are the biggest problem. The Republican base isn't going to change, but Dems need to grow the fuck up and realize that they need to show up at the polls for the next 8, 12, 16, 20 years in order to really get the country they want and a party with enough political wherewithal to throw its weight around the way they want.

This hissy fit hand-sitting after a couple of years is a good indication that they're mostly just going to fuck off and hand the government back to the Repubs and then whine again, though.

Senjutsu on
    edited December 2010
    the forsaken were never good guys nerdgasmic

just slightly less bad guys

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.