As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

1575859606163»

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

He's fucking slime, what he did to his first wife was disgusting.

Slept with her? Because sleeping with McCain would be disgusting.

Divorced her after she got into a car accident and was disfigured, this was of course after cheating on her repeatedly.

Oh well theres that too I guess...

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    On a lighter note, I've found an awesome set of bracers for my level four rogue. Thanks to my DM for giving us 80,000 GP each.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Really I'm starting to think that Democratic voters are the biggest problem. The Republican base isn't going to change, but Dems need to grow the fuck up and realize that they need to show up at the polls for the next 8, 12, 16, 20 years in order to really get the country they want and a party with enough political wherewithal to throw its weight around the way they want.

This hissy fit hand-sitting after a couple of years is a good indication that they're mostly just going to fuck off and hand the government back to the Repubs and then whine again, though.

yeah; that's my sense of it. left wingers are really just not constitutionally able to deal with compromise, dealing with the better of two unsavory alternatives, sucking it up and continuing to cheerlead for their team. we're a bunch of fucking babies. our structural deficiencies are nothing compared to republicans, but somehow they can pull together whereas we cannot.

i don't know how our liberals are so fucking flaky in this country and somehow every other first-world nation on earth has a better showing of liberals.
    Because populist and left leaning laws actually pass in those countries, and people riot if the government votes against their needs.

We, on the other hand, discuss wow lore and eat McRibs, as they are delicious. I admit to being a part of this problem.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I kind of want to ask every single person complaining about Obama:

1) Do you live in a red state? y/n
    2) Do you live in a red district? y/n
    3) Do you live on the border of a red state or district? y/n

If the answer to any of these questions is "yes," why are you bitching about Obama rather than bitching about the Republican (or Blue Dog) Congressperson your community put into office?

"I'm voting against Obama in 2012!" seems like a silly response. "I'm going to volunteer for a Democrat's Congressional campaign in 2012!" seems to make a little more sense.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would say the culture of winning and the tough man don't back down mentality of the US hurts Democrats just as much as anything else when it comes to turn outs.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [chat] is a lot more interesting if you combine the two topics. Barack Obama and John Boehner got into a battle to the death, and Obama's blade was poisoned so he accidently slew Boehner. Now, with the world in upheaval, and Sarah Palin's Forsaken getting deadlier by the day, no one knows the state of Americeron.

and it all comes crashing down when Reaganwing flies again!

And of course, Queen O'Donnel of the Naga shows up and declares that she is not a witch, she's a legitimate politician, see you next expansion.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Mike you're not going to get a political argument from gooey

because liberal dogpile echo chamber
    i know, it always goes like this

must be nice, being able to say controversial things and then never have to defend them

it's easy to say this, but being on the other side legitimately isn't fun

Organichu on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Will, come play LoL.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    also I think it has to do with that conversation yesterday about cultural attitudes

Americans seem uniquely prone to throwing away pragmatic gains in favor of pure ideals, which makes sustaining liberal change like tilting at windmills

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i don't believe this. it was in the political interests of the republicans to block everything they could, but it was not clear from the beginning that this was the case, nor that they would have the party discipline to carry through with it. it turned out they did.
    Given the previous two years, that was absolutely clear to everyone willing to admit it.

of course it wasn't. they had just been steamrolled in a national election and the public seemed to completely hate the GOP. Additionally, they still had several high-profile moderate members claiming that they were going to play ball.

it was far from obvious that the party was going to be solidly obstructionist, and it was far from obvious that they could hold party cohesion, and it was a real gambit as to whether them doing it would end up actually destroying their party the way that some political theorists were sounding.

as it turned out, their obstructionism spawned a tea party movement that ended up substantially displacing their power structure - since now the yahoos who they have been placating since goldwater actually are running the show. probably nothing that the trent lotts would have wanted, but it didn't destroy their party.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    also I think it has to do with that conversation yesterday about cultural attitudes

Americans seem uniquely prone to throw away pragmatic gains in favor of pure ideals, which makes sustaining liberal change like tilting at windmills

Wind farms ironically being part of a liberal platform on green energy.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why elect Dems at all then will?

You don't honestly believe that McCain would have been the same or better.

If Dems should only do what the republicans allow them to whats the difference

Well we wouldn't even be HAVING the DADT debate for one...

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Feral wrote: »

If the answer to any of these questions is "yes," why are you bitching about Obama rather than bitching about the Republican (or Blue Dog) Congressperson your community put into office?

"I'm voting against Obama in 2012!" seems like a silly response. "I'm going to volunteer for a Democrat's Congressional campaign in 2012!" seems to make a little more sense.

I live in a blue state with 2 Democratic senators who do little to nothing

in a district that's like 85% democrat

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, to be clear, no matter how shitty things get, unless the republicans start proposing liberal policies, I'll be voting for democrats because as a liberal, to do anything else makes no sense.

I'm just sad because unless the base is energized, voter turnout is shitty. No one gets excited about the tiniest incremental compromise.

Maybe we can have another protest to protest protesters.

That seemed to be effective.

Cinders on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Feral wrote: »

I live in the Republican bastion of rich folks. And I did volunteer. And I will vote for Obama as the lesser evil. Does this mean I am any less angry or that my right to complain about him and how he has basically look impotent in the eyes of many of the country any less valid Feral?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Americans seem uniquely prone to throwing away pragmatic gains in favor of pure ideals, which makes sustaining liberal change like tilting at windmills

Nice comprehensive diagnosis of causal factors in modern American politics. I think you really inferred the right message from the fact that we tend to think Monarchy is retarded.

MrMister on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    need a new chat

not wow-related

fuck wow

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.