As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Amazing Spider-Thread

• Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2006
    Let me rephrase that then, would it make sence for Spider-Man not to accept help from his friends?

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I mean if James Howlett, Steve Rogers and Matt Murdock taught Peter Parker some fighting moves then his over all heroic effectiveness would increase. There are a lot of reasons to accept that help. As far as the design of the costume, I don't really have strong feelings about it either way. The Old one does get old but it is classic and remains so. But change in and of itself is a good thing at least to shake things up a little bit so no one gets complacent.

Jessica Drew could contribute her shield connections maybe. Echo seems like a good listener. No pun intended. I know she is deaf and all but she seems like a person whose quitness could play off of Peter's affection for witty banter. Luke Cage... I don't know what he could give Peter. I guess every one needs a drinking buddy that they can beat up when they get fustrated. And out of all the teammates Luke would be the least effected by a punch from Spider-Man. Who else is on the team. Oh yeah Sentry... I don't know. The way they are writing the Sentry it was like he was every ones buddy before he got wiped out of continuity. So maybe he was dating Gwen Stacy and can share with Parker some aspect of her that would allow him some more closure or something. That would be kind of sweet/sad. Who else? Oh and Wolverine could try to get in MJs pants there by teaching Peter to apreciate his wifes loyalty more.

graizur on
  • Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    It never ends, does it folks?

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2006
    these are like the dumbest things I have ever seen posted here and I read every page of the spider-man vs. batman thread

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2006
    They're not that dumb.

He doesn't come across in the best way, but I see what he's trying. I really do enjoy the team dynamic of Pete in the Avengers. It's entertaining. A bit off-character? Sure, but if shit didn't change, well, Gwen would still be around.

...now that's not a bad idea..

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    thanks

graizur on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    Whippy I want Gwen back

I don't care if they have to resort to clones

Knob on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    bonk do you read spider-man: blue every night and also masturbate and also cry yourself to sleep at the same time

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    I like reading Spider-Man now because he is part of a team and it just makes me feel all warm inside. I can't imagine being so powerful and not having any friends. That would just drive a person insane.

pete has too much bad shit happen to him. he deserves friends.

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    bonk do you read spider-man: blue every night and also masturbate and also cry yourself to sleep at the same time

I can't read Spider-Man: Blue very often

It makes me feel terrible for days

Knob on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    what about the last chapter of marvels, how does that one hit you

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Dude I have an unhealthy fanboy thing for Gwen Stacey

It is sad as hell

Knob on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    gwenbest.jpg
    gwenbest2.jpg

I am 25. I heard a lot about G.S. but I really fell in love with the character as she was written in these books.

Oh and Marvels. She was also written really well in that story too. Thanks Mister Zombie

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    gwenbest.jpg
    gwenbest2.jpg

I am 25. I heard a lot about G.S. but I really fell in love with the character as she was written in these books.

PS:Whippy Ceres is waiting for my posts to be better, there is no actual freedom date set. It could be right now. It could.

Oh and Marvels. She was also written really well in that story too. Thanks Mister Zombie

You know what, you're right.

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I am so happy.

Also Donold Blake was freaking Awesome!

"In my dreams I walk with gods!"

graizur on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    you know

gwen was sort of flaky

they write MJ terribly these days, but she used to be pretty cool.

I guess what I'm saying is Peter Parker needs two or three close friends just to remind him shit doesn't suck as bad as it could.

But he had that in MJ and Aunt May. When they'd all get together and talk about whoever he was fighting or who he used to fight, that was cool. Now he lives in Stark Tower and he's an avenger and he's got spider-stingers. I mean, keeping the guy relevant as times change is one thing, but he doesn't need all this extraneous stuff. he's just spidey and that's why he's cool.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    They should make the fact that he lives in NYC an important part of the over all story. That would add something new and something classic to Spider-Man at the same time.

graizur on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    206_1.jpg
    Knob wrote:
    What?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    you know

gwen was sort of flaky

Shoe, do you want to have a fight with knives

Because those are things that man who has a severe knife fight deficiency would say

Knob on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Knob wrote:
    you know

gwen was sort of flaky

Shoe, do you want to have a fight with knives

Because those are things that man who has a severe knife fight deficiency would say

Knob I'm sorry to upset you
    There's no need to stab me in the eye
    But I'm just so sorry that there's no other way to say it
    Little Gwen Stacy had to die.

See the problem with your little comic girlfriend
    Is that she was way too nice and sweet as pie
    Peter Parker can't have it so fuckin' easy
    So Gwen Stacy just had to die.

She was also sort of boring if you ask me
    of course that's just the dumb opinion of one guy
    so while it's sad that Mr. Osborn had to chuck her
    Gwen Fuckin' Stacy had to die.

good evening friiiiendddsssss

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Ultimate Stacy was awesome too. But, ultimately, she had to die. It was, ultimately, her time to go. It was very heart wrenching. I hate when I care about people. But that is the power of Gwen Stacy. To care about something you know will someday leave in a violent and, ultimately, untimely way.

graizur on
  • Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Knob I'm sorry to upset you
    There's no need to stab me in the eye
    But I'm just so sorry that there's no other way to say it
    Little Gwen Stacy had to die.

See the problem with your little comic girlfriend
    Is that she was way too nice and sweet as pie
    Peter Parker can't have it so fuckin' easy
    So Gwen Stacy just had to die.

She was also sort of boring if you ask me
    of course that's just the dumb opinion of one guy
    so while it's sad that Mr. Osborn had to chuck her
    Gwen Fuckin' Stacy had to die.

good evening friiiiendddsssss

bogards.jpg
    BONGOS%20DRUMS%20Player's%20Series%20Bongos%202400N_jpg.jpg
    bongos-bobble-lg.jpg
    ChairDnc.JPG

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2006
    Doodled while watching TV tonight:

ironspider.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    That doesn't look flexible around the crotch area.

graizur on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2006
    It's mostly just for standing around in.

Also, you can't get it wet.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    What's the jewel do?

graizur on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    sexual spider powers

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    What's the jewel do?

Spider-Man stare.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    The Nameless OneThe Nameless One Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Hahahahahahaha...hah...heh...<sob>

The Nameless One on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Hahahahahahaha...hah...heh...<sob>

It's going to be ok. I mean it isn't ok right now. Not by a long shot. But it will be ok some time in the future.

graizur on
  • Options
    MutantCircusMutantCircus Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I lost all faith in modern Spider-Man comics when he started talking to spiders, and yet this still makes me want to cry.

MutantCircus on
    banner7wc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    What stories did you like?

graizur on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I lost all faith in modern Spider-Man comics when he started talking to spiders, and yet this still makes me want to cry.
    There's like three different Spider-Man series running at any given time and you choose the crappy, cancelled one to take seriously?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I liked the Venom and Doc Ock arcs in the last Spectacular run. It just got horribly daft around the end

Azrael on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2006

Thankfully they've all but forgotten that.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    I like reading Spider-Man now because he is part of a team and it just makes me feel all warm inside. I can't imagine being so powerful and not having any friends. That would just drive a person insane.

pete has too much bad shit happen to him. he deserves friends.

Didn't he say something like that in either New Avengers or one of the Spidey series? Either way I do remember Spidey saying something along the lines of deserving a break.

It really is great seeing him as part of the Avengers. Even if does go against Spideys past stories, it's less "breaking character" and more finally rewarding him.

And in the F4 Special, Cap even tells Johnny Storm "Spider-mans been a great asset to the team. I don't know why we didn't ask him to join us sooner."
    you know

gwen was sort of flaky

they write MJ terribly these days, but she used to be pretty cool.

I guess what I'm saying is Peter Parker needs two or three close friends just to remind him shit doesn't suck as bad as it could.
    What do you call the Avengers? He's always joking with Tony, Logan and him have a "Big brother/little brother" relationship where they just pick on each other, him and Luke are both relatively new to this "big-name team"(Heroes for Hire is a duo, besides not being "big-name"), and...well the whole spider-based powers for him and Jessica. And Cap is like the father figure Pete hasn't had since he got his power.
    But he had that in MJ and Aunt May. When they'd all get together and talk about whoever he was fighting or who he used to fight, that was cool. Now he lives in Stark Tower and he's an avenger and he's got spider-stingers. I mean, keeping the guy relevant as times change is one thing, but he doesn't need all this extraneous stuff. he's just spidey and that's why he's cool.
    He doesn't. I'm just hoping Pete takes the costume to be nice. Like "Oh hey thanks but I'm more recognizable like this."

Y'know, like the 9 million other suits. It'll probably last 3 issues then gone.

Although one of my favorite lines was when Spidey and Luke are talking about Shocker in Young Avengers.
    "Isn't he one of your guys?"
    "Used to be. I'm in the Avengers now. Now I fight guys like Ultron and Galactus."

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    apparently luke cage's power is having a posse

Not that there superstrength and nigh-invulnerability.

It's being black.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Geebs wrote:

It's being black.
    See: the issue of Marvel Team Up with Invincible.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Geebs wrote:

It's being black.
    See: the issue of Marvel Team Up with Invincible.

Black Man <3

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Kooter00Kooter00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JoeFridays33.html
    NRAMA: All right, we know you’re very busy (and because of it we know you’re going to have to reluctantly skip Reader Questions this week), so we’re going to get to the subject of the week – that new Spider-Man costume thing…

JQ: We’re going to send you a design for a t-shirt I just did for the upcoming New York Comic Con with the new Spidey costume. Notice that there are some additions to it?

That Tony Stark is something else.

[editors note: we received the image and present it here, do the clicky thing to see it in all it’s full-color, Joe Quesada glory.]

NRAMA: Okay, first off, you first announced it with the liberal use of question marks. Is this an indication that it might not be the actual next Spidey costume? Can you say definitively for the record that this the red and gold “Iron Spidey” costume his new costume for some sort of extended period?

JQ: It is indeed a new Spidey costume! By the way, Brian Bendis just came by and whispered in my ear, “What can be better than one Avenger’s book?” I just asked him what that meant and he walked away cackling…

NRAMA: Oh brother… Focus, Joe, focus…

Can you give us some insight as to how long this costume will be part of the Spider-Man mythos. Some fans and retailers have astutely pointed out that with a movie coming out in mid-2007, it’s more than likely Peter will be back in familiar duds by then? Thoughts?

JQ: Now that the Spider movies at are #3 it’s less and less important and there are plenty of trades with the blue and red. That said. JMS has a definitive plan as to when the costume appears and leaves. It’s his decision.

the new image...

Kooter00 on