As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So my package's gone all Christopher Columbus, as it actually headed the opposite direction that my Santa's city. My guess it's going to try to circle the globe to find a faster trade route.

Your package directed Home Alone?

That's pretty Christmassy alright!

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Woo hoo, my package cleared customs, and is now in my Santee's city/town!

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    AbsoluteZero, That Augest Burns Red song is pretty awesome.

I had actually posted it in the last thread. Good stuff.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was like, "I should bake something for my Santee. I've never actually baked anything in the class confection from scratch in my life, but how hard could it be? Any fool can follow directions."

An hour later I've accidentally used "I can't believe anyone would mistake this for butter" instead of real butter; added baking powder and baking soda ("maybe it won't matter"); and my poor judgement of "done" has lead to thick black smoke spilling forth from the oven, like so much skyward residue of the dark fires of Mordor.

A larger problem has presented itself, however. I know what cookies are supposed to smell like Santee, and these? These things do not smell like cookies. I'm not sure I can (in good conscience) inflict these horrific un-cookies upon your house.

I will ponder upon the implications of this, but it seems to indicate that your package is temporarily delayed until I can grind my cooking skill up to level 7, or whatever level it is that you can make cookies without burning the building down.

Frem on
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GIIIIFFT GEEEETTTT!

Good thing I have my trusty Tachikoma to check for any dangerous substances

Pop Rocks and Tachikoma team up to check it out!
    DSCN0554.jpg

Seems okay so far YAY!

Woot!
    DSCN0555.jpg
    I love this series, the writer used to write Hellblazer, and the series is pretty much Hellblazer in a slightly different setting its good times =)

YES!!!
    DSCN0557.jpg
    I wanted to read this sooo bad!

Best. Trade. EVAR!!
    DSCN0556.jpg

Thank you soooo much Henroid

When I saw that Bone book I got a little dust in my eye ..
    that book was always magical for me and now I finally have my own copy!

Also thanks for telling my girlfriend I owe her for accepting the gift at her job she surely wont abuse that at all .. ever.... ;)

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Where did you get that tachikoma. I must have one.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    " the writer used to write Hellblazer, and the series is pretty much Hellblazer in a slightly different setting its good times =)"

Oh look, a new series added to my Amazon cart...

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    iMatt wrote: »
    Gift get!

I had 2 gifts arrive at different times but decided to wait until they were both here to post!

The first gift was this totally amazing book!
    imag0150g.jpg
    My lord this book is sweet. Tons of in depth behind the scenes info from both the comic books and movies and a ton of reprinted promo / rare items and drawings!

My second gift was:
    imag0149b.jpg
    Not really heard of this as it's not available in my home country. However the artwork on the box alone had me semi erect! What's that - an 8.9 on IMDB - colour me excited!

Thank you sooo much for these awesome gifts Santa - please reveal yourself you bat gift giver you!

Whew, glad it got there! Amazon.uk kept insisting on changing your address slightly.

I had heard from a birdie that you wanted that book, and since Warner Bros. apparently treats the UK like a red-headed stepchild when it comes to releases and that video is aces, I couldn't resist.

Awesome gifts cloud eagle! I keep looking at some of the promo items in the vault and thinking should I actually make this (paper plane, mask etc) or keep them mint!

Apologies for the photo sizes my laptop has been playing up so all this was done from my phone!

iMatt on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Got my gifts today, thanks so much Santa! I'll try and post pics very soon. Gotta get my camera situation figured out.

stevemarks44 on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lord Yod wrote: »

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chance wrote: »

I had a local comic shop order that and a plush Godzilla =)
    Any local comic should should be able to order it for you or just search the googles for it =)

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks like my package should be delivered today...hopefully. I'm sick of going to the USPS site and seeing that ashton kutcher look-alike laughing.

deveric on
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Latest and greatest:
    Participants!
    AaronKI
    AbsoluteZero
    acidlacedpenguin
    Adda
    Agentflit
    Ah_Pook
    Aioua
    Akira
    Alegis
    Alfred J. Kwak
    Anarchy
    Angel177
    anoffday
    apogee
    ArcSyn
    area
    Arikado
    Arminas
    Asiina
    battledrill
    belligerent
    Beltaine
    bigwah
    Blackbeard7
    BlueBlue
    Bursar
    Cameron_Talley
    CangoFett
    CCF23
    Chance
    Chen
    cj iwakura
    cloudeagle
    cmsamo
    Cornell002
    crucialityfactor
    Custom Special
    Daemonion
    dantree
    darkenedwing
    darunia106
    Dawasaurus
    Death Cab for Albie
    Dehumanized
    DekuStick
    deveric
    DHS Odium
    DiannaoChong
    Digeridoo
    Disco11
    Draysoth
    Dunxco
    DuoRCN
    Dyvion
    earthwormadam
    El Mucho
    elevature
    elkatas
    EvilBadman
    exis
    Feels Good Man
    Fig-D
    Figgy
    Forar
    ForceVoid
    FreeBryd!
    Frem
    galenblade
    Grim123
    Grove
    HallowedFaith
    handkor
    HardKase
    Hardtarget
    harvest
    Hearthjaw
    Henroid
    Hypatia
    Icemopper part 2
    iMatt
    Imperfect
    ImthebOHGODBEES
    JAEF
    Jakesully
    Jam Warrior
    JaysonFour
    jclast part 2
    jeddy lee
    JerikTelorian
    JHunz
    Joeslop
    John Zoidberg
    joshgotro
    Judge-Z
    k0dos
    Kendrik
    Ketar
    Kias
    Klyka
    kor
    KSK
    Kyougu
    laiceps1983
    LewieP
    LewieP's Mummy
    Lord Yod part 2
    Louie
    Lunysgwen
    mere_immortal
    Mighty
    Mister_Penguin
    mntorankusu
    Mooshoepork
    Mr Heist
    Mr_Grinch
    MrDelish
    Mullitt the Wise
    mxmarks
    Nackmatholn
    NickTheNewbie
    noir_blood
    Norfair
    parabola
    Peewi part 2
    PepperSinclaire
    proyebat
    Radiation
    redfield85 part 2
    remlap13 part 2
    Rent
    RisenPhoenix
    Robert Khoo
    Rook
    Rorus Raz
    Ross Mills
    S-Starwind
    Sceptre
    Schide
    see317
    shadowane
    Shady3011
    Shrieking Emu
    sirchrissypoo
    SirUltimos
    SniperGuy
    spookymuffin
    stavesacre
    stevemarks44
    Stormwatcher
    strebalicious
    Sweeney Tom
    Szechuan
    TeeMan
    The Count of Midget Fisto
    The Dude With Herpes
    The_Spaniard part 2
    TheOtherHorseman
    THEPAIN73
    TheScruple
    toolbert
    TSI|Awesome
    Two Headed Boy
    UEAKCrash
    Uldor
    UnbreakableVow
    urahonky
    vegeta_666
    VThornheart
    WIckedkarma
    WilDPanthA05
    Willeth
    wobblyheadedbob
    WraithXt1
    Xaviar
    Ziggymon

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sent out my gift earlier this week. Now we play the waiting game....

Ah, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Kyougu on
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chance wrote: »

I had a local comic shop order that and a plush Godzilla =)
    Any local comic should should be able to order it for you or just search the googles for it =)

It is pretty much one of the best plushies I have ever seen :D Hi5 to you for having something so awesome to investigate your presents for you

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Waiting at the post office right now to pick up my gift. Missed the delivery by twenty minutes, and now I need to wait two hours for the postie to get back to base.

Excite++

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ouch.

Well it could be worse.

The package could be left at another house.
    This won't happen
    Or will it?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have successfully played the role of Santa! MY WORK HERE IS DONE! *vanishes in a puff of smoke*

Henroid on
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santee, I will get your stuff sent out very soon, I promise.

I had a minor technical difficulty. The plan was to order from Amazon and ship directly, because it's much cheaper than shipping from Canada, but it won't let me write more than 240 characters in the gift note. Is there a way around this? I had something clever to say and I want to say it.

elevature on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    elevature wrote: »
    Santee, I will get your stuff sent out very soon, I promise.

I had a minor technical difficulty. The plan was to order from Amazon and ship directly, because it's much cheaper than shipping from Canada, but it won't let me write more than 240 characters in the gift note. Is there a way around this? I had something clever to say and I want to say it.

Put in the note a URL that leads to a webpage you can freely edit to say what you want.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Put a link to a webpage in the gift note that has the real gift note?

EDIT: OH COME ON

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited December 2010
    I never thought of that, that's pretty smart. Thanks duders.

elevature on
    edited December 2010
    Of course, that's assuming you have a stable URL to link them to. Is there something like Imageshack but for text?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited December 2010
    Google Docs?

Arikado on
    edited December 2010
    Of course, that's assuming you have a stable URL to link them to. Is there something like Imageshack but for text?

I have a blog that I don't use, I can make a post on there and link to that.

elevature on
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Disco11 wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »
    I live in an apartment that has a fancy metal box for holding other metal boxes which means I wasn't woken by a doorbell this morning. Instead I was woken at 5 am because I went to bed early!

This is not important.

WHAT IS IMPORTANT:

I got a PM from some guy (who may or may not be my santa) telling me to go check the god damn mail!

Lo and behold, there is a package! Alas I have lost my camera cord and Thinkgeek is NO LONGER DOWN so I can describe them (inadequately) AND have links.

I gots!

A titanium spork. (that means I never have to clean it, right?)

A pair of Singing Monkey Balls. (They sound just like monkeys! I wonder how they turned them into magnets though..)

A Mysterious Magnet Tube. (It's pretty neat, and mysterious enough that I'm not going to open it to investigate the mysteries inside the actual tube)

A R.O.M.P! (in your mother's bed) (No not really, it's a little metal plate where you arrange magnets in a pattern and has a hanging magnet that moves around between them)

Oh also a book who the fuck sends books for Christmas honestly. (Shut up you moron books are awesome. It's a Book of Secrets though so I can't tell you anything about it.)

Thank ye, mysterious Santa!

That would be me!

I asked a proxy to pm you, just wanted to make sure no one walked away with it.

I have a phobia of malls this time of year so.... Thinkgeek!

Hop you like it!

I've been rolling the balls around in my hand for a while!

Don't make it weird .....

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santa.

I've gotten a couple proxy messages from you about the packages I should be expecting. However I'm a bit confused.

Initially I was told there would be 3. I've gotten two. But in a subsequent proxy message I was told that a package from one location(A) would have two items and a package from another(B) would have three. There was no indication of a third location. However, I've gotten a package from both locations mentioned but each only had one item.

I'm not bringing this up to be greedy or unthankful. I just want to be sure that what you paid for is being sent out and you aren't getting screwed. :D EDIT: Also to know when to go ahead and post my gift get.

I'd send this via the proxy elf but I'm not sure the proxy elf knows exactly who has who or keeps track of it.

Sorry to be a bother, just quoting myself in case my santa sees it. I'll try contacting the proxy elf later too.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My roommate speaks of an amazon package at the door, though I haven't ordered anything recently. Mayhaps a Santa gift? :D

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • HardKaseHardKase Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey gift was on the doorstep as I went to work this morning. Is inside and on the table.

Will have to open it in 9 hours or so when i get home from work.

Edit: 5 hours down! I want to go home and open it noooooooooooooooow!

HardKase on
    Steam ID: HardKAse@hardkase.cjb.net (yes I was drunk when I created it)
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GIFT GET!
    I arrived home to see that I have an undelivered parcel! A packet that's too large for my letterbox! I'm hoping there's a Secret Santa gift inside! But nope, it must be misdelivered mail. There isn't a W.P.A. Forumer at this address.

1.jpg

Oh well. I trotted to the sorting office to get it anyway. It was only a small packet.

2.jpg

BUT WAIT! (1:24 to 1:30)

3.jpg

That's not a packet at all! It's a BOX! A long box! It says on the outside that it's from a mysterious place called Pennies Arcode. My invisible kitten inspects it for suspiciousness.

4.jpg

No suspicious contents, so I'm free to open it. Inside: one tube and two packets. One has a number on it. Is it the amount of seconds I have left until I die from terrorists?! My invisible cat Schrodinger doesn't think so.

5.JPG

It seems only fair to start with the tube. I'd hardly be a PA fan if I didn't.

6.JPG

I am justly rewarded. It's a subway poster of Gabe and Tycho! I'm going to find an appropriate frame for this post haste.

7.JPG

And some badass PA stickers that I didn't even know were a thing! These are going to get stuck on shit so much.

8.JPG

Time to open this packet. I tell you what, this is a classy packet. Metal clasp, no sticky tape or nuthin'. Very classy. But wait - this is the packet marked with the number of the Beast, when the Beast was a toddler. WHAT HORRORS COULD THIS PACKET CONTAIN? TERRIFYING MONSTERS FROM THE HALLS BELOW?!

9.JPG

Oh. No, it's the book, The Halls Below. It's the hardback Limited Edition, too! This is great!

10.JPG

Whoas! Not only is it signed by Gabe and Tycho (it being my personal mission to get everything I owned signed by Gabe and Tycho, currently including a boxed edition of Precipice Episode 1, a print of a comic, and my copy of Splendid Magic signed only by Jerry because Mike was apparently some sort of ninja at PAX East), but the 37 is not a countdown to my doom - it's an edition number! There's only a thousand of these, ever, and I have one of the double-digits thanks to my awesome Santa! This is not only great, it's also boss and pimp. But what's in the other packet?

11.JPG

It's PATV: Season One! I've been lamenting that I couldn't get hold of it, but never fear - my Santa just reached into my mind and grabbed my thoughts. Now I can watch the lost 4th panels and all the commentaries, and all the easter eggs of Scott's stories that I only found out about yesterday. I've watched a few of the deleted scenes already and it's chortletown. Something else, though:

12.JPG

What, no-one else smells their DVDs? People in the launch thread were saying it smelled of celery, and psh, yeah, right. But it really does smell of celery. What are they putting in our celery, I wonder? PA should release their own brand. And I'd get it signed.

All together now!

13.JPG

Oh, and here's Shrodinger playing with the bags of air that came in the box. Thanks for those, too, Santa! Reveal yourself!

15.JPG

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sweet sweet PA merchandise!

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Brilliant giftage!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santa: I'm going to be busy with family stuff over the next week, so if your package comes, I won't be able to post about it until late at night. But the good news is that I'm done with this semester of college and it will be a lot easier for me to get to the post office during window hours.

Also, I spotted this in the MSPA/Homestuck thread. I felt that it needed to be posted here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBKjzXuDdjU

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, upon arriving home last night after a long week of being up at 6 in the god damned morning and crashing around midnight (stupid fire alarms permitting), I came upon a package that my building superintendant had grabbed for me, since Fedex is ocassionally pants on head retarded.

Cracking it open, I found three things (which I hope to post at least a pic of later, but the iphone photobucket app appears to have crapped itself);

A note from my generous benefactor of this year!

The Complete Idiots Guide to Private Investigating!

Batman Beyond The Complete Series!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Thank you, TheOtherHorseman! A quick flip through the guide shows that this may well be just what I need to begin making tentative inroads to fighting crime (or at least a little money moonlighting if I ever want to pay off my Visa), and should The Future spring upon me in the coming years, I'll have a handy reference material for dealing with super villains, gangs, and an ocassionally tempermental advanced power armour suit.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited December 2010
    Would you even say it's...."schway"?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Package one is complete and already on route. When is the last time I should be thinking about sending a package to the US from the UK? Am I too late?

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Last posting date to the USA from the UK is Friday 10th Dec, as in the morning! Get wrapping!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited December 2010
    Sorry it took a while, I had ordered a bunch of stuff for other people and my gift got a bit misplaced a few times.

Amazon, eh? What precious goods are within your brown skin?
    2010-12-08172818.jpg

Hmm... interesting shape we have in here.
    2010-12-08172908.jpg

...and the loot.
    2010-12-08173145.jpg

Never read Stephen King, I don't usually read that genre, but I'll definitely have a go at this one. Plus two cds from interesting artists. I will need to add them to my vast music library at work. No clues on whom it might be within the documents and so it will remain a secret. Thanks Santa!

Arikado on
  • devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grats Arikado!

Apparently my gift to my santee just likes sitting around in the post office, but maybe tomorrow? the suspense is killing me :(

deveric on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You're in for a treat, Arikado. The Dark Tower is an excellent series. And like you, I wouldn't usually read anything by Stephen King.

exis on
This discussion has been closed.