As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

24: Day 6: Jack Goes For The Throat

191011121315»

• Options
    yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Eh I like the ending because they didn't
    cliffhanger anything. The audrey scene was nice, but the whole time I was thinking about the spoiler thingy about someone shocking showing up, so I was looking forward to that. That didn't happen of course, which is probably for the best.

I hope they finally take this opportunity to start fresh next year but I doubt it.

yakul on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think the
    scene with the Sec of Defense was actually really good. Summed up the themes of jacks charcter pretty well

I kinda wish they let the character breathe a little more. He had some decent development at the start of the season then they feel back into Jack Bauer superagent yet again.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    FUCK! I missed it!

frustrated.jpg

The episode is on Fox On Demand. That's what I've been doing today at work other than, you know, working....

Try this one: http://streaming.myfoxaustin.com/

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I honestly thought Jack was going to go hardcore rogue at the end there. I would love to see him say "After everything I've sacrificed for this country its time I got something in return." Then he shoots Heller in the face and kidnaps Audrey. Next season Jack gets to be the bad guy.

And add dinosaurs.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Didn't the press release from the renewal say that the next two seasons where going to be somewhere other then in LA?

SoulFury on
  • Options
    DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    great ending to a crappy season. i mean, the ending was REALLY good - like the 4 first episodes, the last sequence was in that style.

now let's hope day 7 will be renewed in every fucking way. new Loc, new thread, new style...

but i really doubt it. i mean, the reaction to the chinese was already mentioned....

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm just glad the season was over. I think it would have been interesting we had actually seen more character development with Jack, like in the end, but I'm not sure it's possible in a show with the kind of pacing and number of ongoing plotlines/subplots that 24 tends to have.

I am kinda glad that this episode didn't leave any sort of cliffhanger/loose end to start the next season, as they have liked to in the past. I suppose the whole Jack/Audrey thing could come back up, but hopefully not. I'd like to see a new season without baggage, as others have said.

Overall this season was pretty average. I mean, it was still better than most random television shows but among shows I actually watch and enjoy it was pretty sub-par. If they don't try something new for Day 7, I'll not likely watch 8.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Best ending since series 3 at any rate. Loved it. Series 3 is still slightly better.

Either way, it does feel like the end of all the old story arcs.

Season 1-3 is one large story arc. Everything from Season 1 is finally wrapped up come Series 3 episode 24. Jack is fairly well over Teri, Nina is done, Tony/Michelle are in love and out of CTU... Kim and Chase are happy. The ending isn'y a cliffhanger, but a quiet ending with Jack in his car, crying about his life.

Then there was the reboot from Series 4. Everything from then really seems to be wrapped up now.
    Jack and Audrey are finished. Chloe is pregnant and in love with Morris, and no doubt will leave CTU when she becomes a mother. Kim was wrapped up in Season 5. Cheng is in custody, the chinese arc is over. Logan is finished (but aparrently not dead according to the producer) and Martha institutionalised. Bill and Karen are like Tony and Michelle in season 3 - they've had to leave CTU for doing illegal things, but they're happy and together. Wayne is finished. It's all done.

So.. it's time for something new. Generally, as an arc, S4-6 isn't as good as 1-3, partly because 5 links more to 1-3 (Henderson linking to Season 1, Tony, Michelle, and Palmer being a major plotpoint.) But.. I loved that ending. In hindsight it's even better.

As for next season, they've been filming some webisode things for people with American express cards. Some sort of promotion. Either way, this is what's happened:
    It's 36 or so hours after Day 6. Jack's been found at an apartment and is arrested and taken to CTU for a debrief. They're questioning Jack about China and asking if he betrayed any of their agents. Agent Burke wants to pump Jack full of drugs because he thinks he's lying.

EDIT:
    And Manny Coto, Co-Exec Producer and Writer teases about next season:
    "Jack starts next season in a very different place than any other season so far. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no CTU next year. CTU has become almost too comfortable you know?....We're pulling the rug out from under our characters. It's a pretty radical shift-a totally different context with a totally different villain. There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device. We're hewing much close to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on US soil. In a sense, it's a reboot in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government. What's also refreshing is the choice of villain: It's not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world. I just can't say enough how exciting it is. It's going to be pretty damn cool".

My favourite season finale: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SvcCGM_YSa8

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thank you. But only if that last bit is true.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Thank you. But only if that last bit is true.

I'm going to laugh so hard when next season is pretty much, "terrorists try to kill president, Jack called out of retirement, Jack fights terrorists with CTU."

mcdermott on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You forgot the part where jack goes rogue at least 7 times yet nobody seems to mind

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    so, am i to understand that russian and american satellites can detect submarines and f18s but a helicopter is nigh undetectable?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    so, am i to understand that russian and american satellites can detect submarines and f18s but a helicopter is nigh undetectable?

It's 24.

Oh shit, you forgot to turn your brain off, didn't you?

mcdermott on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    mcdermott wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

It's 24.

Oh shit, you forgot to turn your brain off, didn't you?

Not to mention Jack called and said "HEY, WE'RE FLYING OUT THERE!"

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    witch_iewitch_ie Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmm..."someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world."...Could it be Papa Bauer? I really hope not.

witch_ie on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Regarding next season character:
    witch_ie wrote: »
    Hmm..."someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world."...Could it be Papa Bauer? I really hope not.
    My first reaction was Pres. Logan. They never acknowledged him dying from the stabbing did they?

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg