As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Comics August 2007 Solicitations (Preview)

• graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    X-Book Solicitations (CBR)

X-FACTOR #22
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Pencils and Cover by PABLO RAIMONDI
    Meet Molly and Wally, two charming children who go around the country singing cheerful songs that incite people to violence against mutants.

Oh, come on...

Probably based on the real life white supremist olsen twin wanabes. Googling...

Done googling: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1

graizur on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yes, that's what makes it so lame.

Crimsondude on
    edited May 2007
    Yes, that's what makes it so lame.

I don't understand.

graizur on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    CABDP44.jpg
    SHORYUKEN!

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    hfh13kk6.jpg

Who the fuck spilled their tentacle rape hentai into my superhero comics?

Anyways, these solicitations all look pretty awesome.

Terror Inc. as a MAX series written by David Lapham? Thor, with a cover by Gabriel Dell'Otto and written by JMS? Shanna the She-Devil by the dudes that write Jonah Hex? The Initiative, with a guest appearance by Constrictor? A Front Line cover that doesn't suck? It's like Marvel sat down and made a big list of shit that I think is awesome, and then did it.

However, some of the solicits fill me with that "Oh man that C-lister is so fucked" dread. I mean, Constrictor fighting the Hulk along with a bunch of brand new characters? Of course, Slott did use Constrictor in The Thing series, so hopefully he'll be good to him. But look at that Front Line cover with the Hulk's hit list. You've got Iron Man, Black Bolt, Wolverine, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Cyclops, Thing, and Tigra. And I'll be straight with you doggs, I like Tigra. Ever since I read those old West Coast Avengers comics I dug out of the quarter bins.

Wait I'm confused.

Why does Hulk have beef with Spidey, Cyclops, Wolverine, Thing, Tigra, and Ms. Marvel?
    Is this one of those cases where the Hulks just gonna punch people who were somewhat kinda involved with someone and everyone will claim he's right?
    Because seriously.
    I'm waiting for the Hulk to start beating the shit out of himself for having at one time been an Avenger with Tony Stark, and thus working with him.

The Muffin Man on
  • Sugar MagnoliaSugar Magnolia Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    CABDP44.jpg
    SHORYUKEN!

Here's a brain teaser

Why's Skottie Young so awesome?

Sugar Magnolia on
    shoop.JPG
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, think about it, Muffin Man. Who else can take out Hulk?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    NO

Who the fuck spilled their tentacle rape hentai into my superhero comics?

Anyways, these solicitations all look pretty awesome.

Terror Inc. as a MAX series written by David Lapham? Thor, with a cover by Gabriel Dell'Otto and written by JMS? Shanna the She-Devil by the dudes that write Jonah Hex? The Initiative, with a guest appearance by Constrictor? A Front Line cover that doesn't suck? It's like Marvel sat down and made a big list of shit that I think is awesome, and then did it.

However, some of the solicits fill me with that "Oh man that C-lister is so fucked" dread. I mean, Constrictor fighting the Hulk along with a bunch of brand new characters? Of course, Slott did use Constrictor in The Thing series, so hopefully he'll be good to him. But look at that Front Line cover with the Hulk's hit list. You've got Iron Man, Black Bolt, Wolverine, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Cyclops, Thing, and Tigra. And I'll be straight with you doggs, I like Tigra. Ever since I read those old West Coast Avengers comics I dug out of the quarter bins.

Wait I'm confused.

Why does Hulk have beef with Spidey, Cyclops, Wolverine, Thing, Tigra, and Ms. Marvel?
    Is this one of those cases where the Hulks just gonna punch people who were somewhat kinda involved with someone and everyone will claim he's right?
    Because seriously.
    I'm waiting for the Hulk to start beating the shit out of himself for having at one time been an Avenger with Tony Stark, and thus working with him.
    Remeber those FF ads a few months back that had the "possible members" for the new team, yet it included the likes of The Punisher and Doctor Doom?

I think it's not meant to be taken literally.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well Cyclops is probably gonna get in his way when he goes for Xavier, Spidey and Wolvie have Strange's back, likewise Thing for Reed and Ms Marvel for Tony.

and Tigra he just wants to pound because really... who dosen't want to pound Tigra?:winky:

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Well Cyclops is probably gonna get in his way when he goes for Xavier, Spidey and Wolvie have Strange's back, likewise Thing for Reed and Ms Marvel for Tony.

and Tigra he just wants to pound because really... who dosen't want to pound Tigra?:winky:

Best scene in Mighty Avengers ever.

graizur on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2007
    that heroes for hire cover is the worst fucking thing

DJ Eebs on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Remeber those FF ads a few months back that had the "possible members" for the new team, yet it included the likes of The Punisher and Doctor Doom?

I would read a Fantastic Four series with the Punisher as a member.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited May 2007

I would read a Fantastic Four series with the Punisher as a member.

The New New Fantastic Four.

Punisher, Wolverine, Victor, and Molly.

People Molly has punched (and Victor because I couldn't think of anyone else to add, and she seems to like him).

The Muffin Man on
    edited May 2007
    Sentry, Moonknight, Quasar and She Hulk.

(Trying to get a Marvel Superman, Batman, Green Lantern Wonderwoman 2 guys 2 girls mix)

graizur on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Cloud 9, Aaron Stack, Spider-Man and Howard the Duck.

The most Fantastic Four there ever could be.

DarkPrimus on
    edited May 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Cloud 9, Aaron Stack, Spider-Man and Howard the Duck.

The most Fantastic Four there ever could be.

Less Howard the Duck or Cloud 9, more Gravity.

THE GUARDIAN OF THE UNIVERSE HAS, LIKE, SPOKEN. OR SOMETHING.

The Muffin Man on
    edited May 2007
    Whoa now. Geebs.

What's with the upgrade?

DarkPrimus on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Whoa now. Geebs.

What's with the upgrade?

What are you on about?

DJ Eebs on
    edited May 2007
    When were you a moderator?

DarkPrimus on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think DarkPrimus just stepped out of his time machine from a couple months ago.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited May 2007
    I am kind of out of it tonight.

DarkPrimus on
  • LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    There is tentacle ooze dripping down Black Cat's heaving bosom

WTF Marvel?

LRG on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    So, the cover of New Avengers #33: who do we think that is? The Fixer, the Hood (guy at the front, but maybe not because I have no idea what the Hood looks like, and am basing it on the fact that the guy at the front has, uh, a hood), Madame Masque (maybe), the Owl (based on the fact that the guy on the far left has an almost-strange haircut) and some guy with goggles and gloves.

Bogart on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bogart wrote: »
    So, the cover of New Avengers #33: who do we think that is? The Fixer, the Hood (guy at the front, but maybe not because I have no idea what the Hood looks like, and am basing it on the fact that the guy at the front has, uh, a hood), Madame Masque (maybe), the Owl (based on the fact that the guy on the far left has an almost-strange haircut) and some guy with goggles and gloves.

Some people over at Newsarama have cast their votes towards Sebastian Shaw, Electro, and The Wizard.

Owenashi on
    edited May 2007
    I think Electro has been pretty firmly in custody since the end of the first New Avengers arc.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    One guy guessed that the Fixer/Wizard guy is actually Mentallo, which sounds plausible.

Bogart on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Terror, Inc? They're bringing that guy back?

I guess it's time for 90s nostalgia.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited May 2007

Didn't Kirkman have that guy in Marvel Team Up, in the League of Losers arc?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

Didn't Kirkman have that guy in Marvel Team Up, in the League of Losers arc?

I remember hearing something about it, but I never read it.

Other than that, though, he hasn't really been seen since his comic got cancelled in like, '96 or something.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    PUNISHER #50
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Penciled by HOWARD CHAYKIN
    Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
    “LONG, COLD DARK” PART 1 OF 5
    Special Double-Sized issue to commemorate the Punisher’s 50th issue!
    The Punisher’s wildest foe is back! Left gut-shot in shark-infested waters, Barracuda’s got a major score to settle with Frank Castle. But Barracuda’s no dummy. Charging in with guns blazing is for suckers. He’s got something serious planned. Something that’s going to hit Frank where he hasn’t been hit in years: the black pit that used to be his heart. You won’t believe the last page of this issue. Neither will Frank.
    48 PGS./Explicit Content …$3.99
    THERE IS A STRICT NO OVERPRINT POLICY ON ALL MAX TITLES PLEASE CHECK YOUR ORDERS AND PLACE THEM BY THE FOC</U></B>

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck

How does Chaykin keep getting work?

And why is he going to be ruining the Punisher now?

Bloods End on
    edited May 2007
    Full solicits are out. Sadly, it looks like Blade is done at issue #12. Why the hell can't anyone keep a Blade comic going? :(

wwtMask on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dammit

such an awesome issue will be ruined by his fucking awful art

Sars_Boy on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SERIES TITLE TO BE ANNOUNCED
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    A team of long-dormant Soviet super-weapons is awake, angry and heading straight at the heart of Los Angeles ready to finish World War III! The front line of defense is a team that’s been together since just before nine this morning! The queen of PR starts her spin! A dead body hides more than just a murder mystery! AND AND AND -- a super-sex tape! What on earth could justify the use of that many exclamation points? Surely, it could only be the second sensational issue of the yet to be named new ongoing series written by Matt Fraction (IMMORTAL IRON FIST and PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL) and with art by the amazing
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Barry Kitson.

And the preview picture?

CHAMP002.jpg

"WHAT IS THIS MYSTERY SERIES- fuck it, it's the champions."

That just made me chuckle.
    [/FONT]

Dex Dynamo on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Full solicits are out. Sadly, it looks like Blade is done at issue #12. Why the hell can't anyone keep a Blade comic going? :(
    gun arm

deadonthestreet on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That Champions cover is fucking awesome.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited May 2007
    The reason why they arent solliciting the title is because the name "The Champions" is owned by someone not Marvel, so they have to rename it.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Dammit

such an awesome issue will be ruined by his fucking awful art

---

Also, they have Marko Djurdjevic doing eight covers. He is a painting machine. Unfortunately, some of them suffer as a result.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    gun arm
    blade

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
    edited May 2007
    Man, fuck that, Blade is an awesome mine. It's the writer's that can't seem to extract enough awesome to keep it going. The shitty thing is that this Blade series improved dramatically as each issue came out. It's actually getting cancelled at the highest point, story-wise.

wwtMask on
    edited May 2007
    I liked Blade when he was a Nightstalker and a Midnight Son. I think I was 12.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]