As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mount and Blade:Warband-X Mod better than Y Mod- Z Mod okay

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, the elves are such dicks.

100 man army running around with 70 prisoners, attacking every single caravan that stops by (including this incredibly oddly-sized 130 man caravan) as they patrol in a gigantic swath through my empire's territory. Granted, I should thank them since it allows me to follow behind them, "helping" in each of their fights and quickly getting my relationship with them up.

And they're so easy to assist to. Hop into battle, immediately tell all of my forces to hold their position and just watch as the elf arrows cut down everything within a 20 mile radius.

Now if only they could run into any of the eight fucking hostile npc armies spawned in my current round of PoP (including 3 Snake Cult armies because it's not enough that I nearly obliterate them, including killing an entire 500 man army, that they'd go away, no, they'll just decide to land three fucking more on the beach) and help me thin them out.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "Vaegir Knight killed by Swadian Militia"

"Firentis knocked unconscious looter"

Grr...

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Augh... damn you Sanjar Khan, I just wanted to serve under you and help you concur Calradia, but when you took my castle away from me, that I took all by myself and many of my good men died, and gave it to some punk who couldn't take a castle of equal size with the aide of 7 different vassals that was my only straw I didn't want pulled. Naturally I rebelled, controlled my land and eloped with one of your vassal's sisters and now am planning on your demise.

I need more heroes though... it says I've only recruited 1 of 6, but I've got like 8 names in my party (or are there supposed to be 6 "heroes" in the game?)

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I tried some multiplayer tonight, both vanilla and cRPG. I just couldn't get into it. After singleplayer it just feels so empty. Spawn, hack at some dudes, respawn, hack at the same dudes.... I had an even k:d ratio in vanilla (not as a peasant, I got slaughtered there obviously), it just wasn't very engaging.

Maybe it's different playing on the PA server with you fine gents.

bamjo on
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, I sided with the Rodhoks in my Diplomacy game. Holy shit, I like these guys.

I'm rolling with a castle, and city already! The lords love me (granted I used TweakMB to get rid of some of the ridiculously boring early game faction building), and we're laying it into the Sawadi!

No idea what my next step is, I aided in freeing the king from a castle (which was awesome), now I'm probably just going to build up my garrisons in both my land holds...

Diplomacy is a really solid mod. I'd be very interested in starting my own faction...but it's hard to give up a city in the middle of the map.

Anon the Felon on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bamjo wrote: »
    So I tried some multiplayer tonight, both vanilla and cRPG. I just couldn't get into it. After singleplayer it just feels so empty. Spawn, hack at some dudes, respawn, hack at the same dudes.... I had an even k:d ratio in vanilla (not as a peasant, I got slaughtered there obviously), it just wasn't very engaging.

Maybe it's different playing on the PA server with you fine gents.

TDM is probably the least entertaining of the multiplayer modes. It can be fun, but its so much better in Battle.
    Battle is TDM but with no respawn.

Nothing quite like watching the numbers thin, hitting tab now and then to compare remaining soldiers. Then you realize this is it. There's a horseman charging you in the distance. You are the last one left. If he gets within range its the end and the only thing left will be your bloody carcass. You steady, take aim, and let loose!

And miss. Your bolt goes just a hair right and you frantically begin to reload as the rider becomes larger and larger, just on the edge of your peripheral. Will you be able to get a second shot off? The odds aren't in your favor. You know you've blown it, he's barely a horselength away and, without even aiming, you fire one last desperate bolt from your crossbow.
    A body slumps on the back of the horse as it gallops past you. For just a moment, it remains, unusually still, before it slowly slides to the ground in a cloud of dust and spray of blood.

You've won.

Oh yeah, and Siege is pretty boss, too.

Docshifty on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Crap, it's been a while...how do I modify the escape chance for lords? I hate that they escape so much when I can see them lying on the ground right in front of me!

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Heir wrote: »
    Crap, it's been a while...how do I modify the escape chance for lords? I hate that they escape so much when I can see them lying on the ground right in front of me!

TweakMB

I just played a couple of hours of PoP. I didn't have any problems or crashes or anything, so that's good. I've only been fighting bandits and stuff, so it's been pretty easy (especially with Ravenstern rangers). Just took Mistmire castle and can't wait for the counterattack.

Sir Carcass on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Starting over with Warband is weird. And hard. I liked it better when I had my level 20-something guy with 100-dude army knocking on people's doors. Now I need to build all that back up again.

And PoP... I gotta get that for Warband. I remember running around with my Ravenstern army: a bunch of heavy cavalry and twice as many rangers. We killed elves, man. Elves.

Reminder that you can export your old character and import it into the new game. You will keep all your xp/skills/gold. You just lose your equipment.

Morkath on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

TweakMB

I just played a couple of hours of PoP. I didn't have any problems or crashes or anything, so that's good. I've only been fighting bandits and stuff, so it's been pretty easy (especially with Ravenstern rangers). Just took Mistmire castle and can't wait for the counterattack.

I could have sworn there used to be a way to do it without downloading another mod. Like it was a .ini change.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010

I could have sworn there used to be a way to do it without downloading another mod. Like it was a .ini change.

It is. TweakMB is just a GUI utility that changes your .ini settings. It saves you from having to dig through the files, or open things in python.

Edit: Talking about TweakMB reminded me to change enemy lords escape chance after a battle in my Blood and Steel game. It also lets you change the cattle behavior to make them follow you. So useful.

bamjo on
  • Zul the ConquerorZul the Conqueror Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I'm playing Diplomacy, and I just got married. I didn't get any Right to Rule as far as I can tell - it's still 6. From what I'd read, I thought getting married earned you like 3 RTR... Anyone know what the deal is?

Zul the Conqueror on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just got my first castle! Yipee!

Ended up saying Fuck It to the Empire not going to war with anyone for 60+ straight fucking days and just attacked the nearest noble I saw (bonus, managed to capture him too). Now that Red Kingdom hated me I looked around for the nearest non-lord occupied, low-archer-count keep I could find (handily near my existing town) and sieged it.

330 vs 156 battles are fun and hectic, particularly when you die 20% of the way through it and then frantically direct the battle from then on hoping like mad that your men can overcome the defenders (thank god my army was 2/3s archers).

Also, is receiving 90,000 gold in the first week after capturing a castle normal in PoP? I thought it extremely odd, but after the first payment it went back down to a reasonable 2-3k.

Further: naturally, as soon as I poke the beast and start calling the Empire boring, they get 3 wars declared on them and I have a 600 man army banging on my keep doorstep. Fucking Red Kingdom King taking offense to the 2 barons I have festering in my dungeon. Oddly enough he got bored and took his 450 man army and ran away, leaving me ample opportunity to slaughter the 190 man guy he left behind to continue sieging.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited December 2010
    Where are the modules in Steam?

Also, I take two castles, get a war declared on me and then get obliterated, thank goodness I did not save at any point after the war were declared.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
    edited December 2010
    fmz65 wrote: »

Also, I take two castles, get a war declared on me and then get obliterated, thank goodness I did not save at any point after the war were declared.

steamapps/common/warband/modules

Morkath on
    edited December 2010
    Morkath wrote: »

Hmm, getting a lot of subfolders that don't seem to contain it... :/

I just want to turn on invincibility, I refuse to lose to these damn Swadians.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
    edited December 2010
    Morkath wrote: »

Hmm, getting a lot of subfolders that don't seem to contain it... :/

What are you looking for?
    \Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules

Is the exact path the modules go into, they go no where else.

Morkath on
    edited December 2010
    Does anyone know how to mod in Polished Landscapes for a Steam version? I really like the preview images.

finnith on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was about to post a rant about no 1866 in the OP but then I remembered that it hasn't been ported over to Warband yet.

This makes me sad because I have a mexican that needs to conquer the West post haste.

RoyceSraphim on
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bamjo wrote: »
    I've been playing a lot of Blood and Steel, and I'm noticing that the AI is much better at battles in general, but it is great at sieges. Now granted one thing the mod changes is the siege setups, giving the attackers more room to get setup and more cover. But the AI actually brings enough guys to assault the walls, picks weaker targets, and then actually takes the town or castle.

Swadia has almost been completely conquered. Nords and Vaegirs have traded Sargoth back and forth about 5 times, and Sarranids have taken one Khergit town and are really giving them the business. This mod has made the strategic warfare actually interesting.

My only dilemma now is which side to choose. I'm probably going the kingmaker route and supporting a claimant. That way you are automatically marshall and can boss guys around, but you don't have the hassle of handing out fiefs and shit.

A bit old, but Blood and Steel is definitely one of the best mods out, outside of EatRC. Both cater to different styles of gameplay. Blood and Steel basically improves on what's there in the base game (And makes it a lot fucking harder.) and polishes the gameplay and AI. By doing so, it encourages you to actually think like a commander of an army, caravan, kingdom, or rebellion, like the base game is supposed to do. EatRC creates a whole new game based off of Warband's base game from scratch.

Prophesy of Pendor is, at this point and time, a horrible mess. They tried to make the end-game more challenging by artificially padding things out to make the game take longer to get anywhere. Blood and Steel makes the game harder by adding in realistic weapon lethality (Take an arrow to the face on normal damage settings and you are going down, no matter what, unless you're wearing some really heavy duty head armor.) and realistic settings that are more focused around providing an interesting and unique gameplay experience.

I'd argue that PoP is hard because the game tries to make you run loops just to get basic things done, like boosting reputation with the Noldor (Who will fuck you up if you try to help them.), or raising an army.

Blood and Steel is hard, but it's never unfair unless you want it to be. In a normal difficulty game, sure, a Lord you pissed off might jump your army, and metaphorically tear your head off and shit down your throat, but that's because you screwed up somewhere. It's entirely possible to butcher armies three times your size in the open field, provided you're smart enough as a player.

Plus, BnS has some awesome starting options. Rather then just design a character's stats with the intro text, your background determines what sort of game you'll play. Here's a few examples.

Want to be a merchant? You're going to be raking in money if you decide to run a caravan or series of businesses.

Want to be a sergeant? You'll make an awesome living working in a national military.

Want to be a bandit? Folks will hate your guts, but you can advance to the point where you're essentially a bandit lord, and can hire the dregs of humanity to do your work for you from towns. Just be aware of the fact that the nations have cannons and fire-arms, being much more well established, so pissing them off will mean your motley army of scum can be easily outgunned.

Want to be the leader of one of those peasant rebellions? Hoo boy. Every town and lord starts out at war with you, meaning lords attack you on sight, you can't join any faction, and you have to sneak into every major town. You have shit stats, and the average peasant equipment (You start out with a bag of rocks, and a wooden log. Odds are you'll have trouble beating the bandit that attacks you in the intro.). Your only edges are the fact that you start with 11 (!) int, and the villages love you. You'll frequently be able to recruit 55 mid tier troops from one village....Provided you can actually scrounge the money together to hire them to take part in your rebellion. And that's not exactly a walk in the park either.

Once you get set up though, you're essentially one of those giant bonus fight armies in PoP. Only in a game where a single bullet or arrow is enough to kill someone, which makes things a bit less overpowered on your part as, due to the cost of replacing casualties, you'll have to keep burning down the assets of a nation to stay funded. There's always room to fall in that background, despite the potential to become, for a time, an unstoppable juggernaut.

Archonex on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was about to post a rant about no 1866 in the OP but then I remembered that it hasn't been ported over to Warband yet.

This makes me sad because I have a mexican that needs to conquer the West post haste.

I'm actually not too familiar with the modding scene and just took the op cause we were at 100 pages for a day or two.

If you'd like to write a mod list for me I'd appreciate it. :D

SkutSkut on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Last night I sieged Halmar, taking it from the Sarrinids who had taken it from the Khergits but then left it poorly-defended. It was a pretty easy battle.

Despite the impressions this low troop count might indicate, the Sarrinids weren't actually lacking for troops, because every lord in their kingdom showed up to take that city back from me. I didn't realize how much trouble I was in, however, until the battle started and it showed the two armies

My 109-man army against 1000+ Sarrinids. D:

It was a long, grueling battle, but at the end, when the dust cleared, my elite bunch of troops still held the walls.

I have never felt more awesome in a game.

My army took that city and held it against an onslaught with no assistance, and what does the King do?

He awards the city to someone else. :x

Toxic Pickle on
  • WaldoWaldo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Archonex wrote: »
    snip

Man is this a paid advertisement for BnS or what because you just made it sound like the cat's pajamas.

And I want to play it so bad now...FINALS STOP HOLDING ME BACK

Waldo on
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    when I was younger I had a drinking problem

now I just have drinking solutions
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/weeman3
    edited December 2010

If you turn cheats on, ctrl-h replenishes your health during a battle. Not quite the same as invincibility, but easier than messing with ini settings and possibly borking your game.

bamjo on
  • GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Last night I sieged Halmar, taking it from the Sarrinids who had taken it from the Khergits but then left it poorly-defended. It was a pretty easy battle.

Despite the impressions this low troop count might indicate, the Sarrinids weren't actually lacking for troops, because every lord in their kingdom showed up to take that city back from me. I didn't realize how much trouble I was in, however, until the battle started and it showed the two armies

It was a long, grueling battle, but at the end, when the dust cleared, my elite bunch of troops still held the walls.

My army took that city and held it against an onslaught with no assistance, and what does the King do?

This so much. I don't even know how many times I have taken castle after village after town only for them to be awarded to the biggest teet-sucker in the kingdom.

I am counseled only by the fact that this is more than likely true to life - as are the rebellions that are required of me after this happening three or four times in a row.

Galielmus on
    edited December 2010
    Galielmus wrote: »

This so much. I don't even know how many times I have taken castle after village after town only for them to be awarded to the biggest teet-sucker in the kingdom.

I am counseled only by the fact that this is more than likely true to life - as are the rebellions that are required of me after this happening three or four times in a row.

50. 50 is the number of relationship points you need with the king to get what you want nearly every time.

1000. 1000 is the number of renown points you need to out weight anyone else and have your vote/vote for you count for something.

These two things together will allow you to get most anything from your kind. All you have to do is get 1 or 2 other lords to vote for you, and you'll get it.

Do these numbers seem ridiculous? Hell yes. But it's good to know I guess. It's how I got the Rohdok king to give me a city, and 2 castles (which I took myself!).

Anon the Felon on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    50. 50 is the number of relationship points you need with the king to get what you want nearly every time.

1000. 1000 is the number of renown points you need to out weight anyone else and have your vote/vote for you count for something.

These two things together will allow you to get most anything from your kind. All you have to do is get 1 or 2 other lords to vote for you, and you'll get it.

Do these numbers seem ridiculous? Hell yes. But it's good to know I guess. It's how I got the Rohdok king to give me a city, and 2 castles (which I took myself!).

Those are good numbers to know.

The King has given me nothing unless I've taken it myself so far. Of the things I have taken by myself, which includes 3 cities and a castle, he's given me all but one city.

That's not so bad I suppose, except the one city he didn't give me was the one I defended from over 1000 men and then left some of my own dudes in the garrison. :x

Edited for something cool:

Getting tired of my companions bickering and then bailing, I found on some forums a simple change in the conversation.txt file that fixes it.

In the Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Native (assuming you're playing native), open the conversation.txt and search for 'dlga_companion_quitting_response:companion_quitting_no'

Immediately after that you should see: 69631 107 2 31 2 1 0 31

If you change the underlined 0 to 1, it adds a new option in the conversation when your companion is going to bail that says, "You know we hang deserters in this party, right?" :D

Toxic Pickle on
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Any of you recommend a good Samurai/ Shogun mod?

Kadoken on
    edited December 2010

Those are good numbers to know.

The King has given me nothing unless I've taken it myself so far. Of the things I have taken by myself, which includes 3 cities and a castle, he's given me all but one city.

That's not so bad I suppose, except the one city he didn't give me was the one I defended from over 1000 men and then left some of my own dudes in the garrison. :x

Getting tired of my companions bickering and then bailing, I found on some forums a simple change in the conversation.txt file that fixes it.

In the Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Native (assuming you're playing native), open the conversation.txt and search for 'dlga_companion_quitting_response:companion_quitting_no'

If you change the underlined 0 to 1, it adds a new option in the conversation when your companion is going to bail that says, "You know we hang deserters in this party, right?" :D

Also, if you get the message from people "You've been fairly rewarded for your work" or some bullshit like that (I forget what the message is, but it's basically saying "you can't get any more lands bitch!"), you need to raise your renown.

Your kingdom will only reward you with fifes, castles, and cities based on your renown, not faction standing or relationship standing just pure renown. If you have 100 renown, you can probably only have one fife, at 1k renown I get the message with 1 city and 2 castles. I can not get any more land until I raise up a little bit. I'll try and figure out some harder numbers.

Also, it seems you're less likely to be rewarded with land if you're on the cusp of your land v renown cap. Like, say you have 500 renown, and you have a castle and a fife or two. You will be less likely to get anything because a fife would put you at your limit, and castle would put you over.

Disclaimer: These are random numbers in the second paragraph, but the concept is clear I think.

Anon the Felon on
    edited December 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to mod in Polished Landscapes for a Steam version? I really like the preview images.

botp

finnith on
    edited December 2010
    fief

Spelling and this thread, man

Scooter on
    edited December 2010
    Kadoken wrote: »

The only one I know of, Onin no Ran, is for an older version of M&B, not warband. Some of the other mods might incorporate a Japanese inspired faction, but I don't know of it specifically. I do know there are samurai armor and weapons available in model/texture packs. You can probably find them in one of the many object packs floating around.

Edit: Man I wish you could be awarded with fifes. You could start a wandering minstrel group, who hunted down bandits in between gigs.

bamjo on
    edited December 2010
    Waldo wrote: »
    Archonex wrote: »
    snip

Man is this a paid advertisement for BnS or what because you just made it sound like the cat's pajamas.

And I want to play it so bad now...FINALS STOP HOLDING ME BACK

I've been playing it for the past few days, and i'm impressed at the amount of polish it has over the other two big mods out, that's all.

Where-as i've run into constant bugs and balance issues in PoP and EatRC, i've only encountered one bug in BnS so far.

Also, I really like it becauses it actually makes alternative ways to make money/power other then going out and kicking the shit out of armies feasible, like running a caravan between cities. I'm surprised no other mods haven't thought of retooling the "assess local prices" and goods buy/sell prices before now.

Edit: I think there was a japanese/chinese army mod for the original version of MnB. There were a couple, actually. One of them is strictly a modern simulation of a rebellion in China, and I think there was at least one medieval equivalent for Japan. I'm not sure if the latter is still updated, however.

It should be mentioned that you can get samurai armor and weaponry in base WB or MnB.

Archonex on
    edited December 2010
    In BnS you can become filthy rich off of combat, though, I hit 750k in my last game and I hadn't even gotten to the taking territory phase yet.

Never been much reason to be a caravan.

Scooter on
  • JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kadoken wrote: »

There isn't one yet. Like an earlier poster mentioned, the best one is for vanilla mount and blade. There is one in progress though. Its simply called Shogun Mod I believe. It's not even close to finished though, but it is playable.

Jubeh on
  • FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

botp

No different than installing it for non-steam version. Just the folder location is in steamapps, someone posted the exact path on the last page I think.

Fleeb on
    edited December 2010
    Scooter wrote: »
    In BnS you can become filthy rich off of combat, though, I hit 750k in my last game and I hadn't even gotten to the taking territory phase yet.

Never been much reason to be a caravan.

Yeah, but the problem i've found is that late-game, running an empire or extremely large army is expensive as all hell. You have to pillage and raid villages almost constantly if you want to keep your army paid and happy, if you don't set up some sort of infrastructure before-hand.

Setting up a network of businesses, creating towns or villages that are incredibly profitable, or caravan running (And slaughtering everything that gets in your caravan's way.) greatly helps supplement that income and keeps your army fed and you in the black.

It gets even easier later on to do caravan runs, if you put points into path-finding (A required trait anyways, really, given how vicious the AI can be in BnS.) and you have a few cities you can make runs to and from. The odds of some lord jumping you and taking all your stuff is greatly decreased, then.

One run, with the right materials, had me selling one dye for over 25K Denars. I had five dyes, all in all. I could have brought 7 more dyes, but I was worried about how much i'd make back. That's alot of money. So much, in fact, that the vendors couldn't afford to pay me all that, so I offset it with a crap-ton of high end equipment.

Not even going to get into the one run where I bought 20 leatherworks for 200 denars in one city, and sold them for 7K apiece.

On another note, here's something I never found out, and have always wondered. Do goods affect the "vitality" of a city? As in, do they make it more profitable? I know that the rate caravans arrive and leave, along with how often they get waylayed, determines it's wealth, but i've never understood the correlation between goods and how, if at all, they affect a cities' economy.

Archonex on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Ha! I may have to try that at some point.

My way around it though is to only get the people that don't hate each other. Sure you have to skip some companions and you can only get 8 in your 'total happiness' group instead of 10 if you balance the likes and dislikes, but I can live with that.

If I want to play nice and be honorable:
    These guys all basically wont like fleeing battles, failing quests, fighting too much or raiding villages/caravans.

Alayen - build him as a heavy knight, all str, hps and weapons
    Firentis - 1 trainer, less focused than alayen, try and put some extra points into his trainer
    Baheshtur - light cav, put him with the horse archers if I have any
    Borcha - work on his pathfinding and tracking, usually give him a xbow to keep him out of trouble
    Artimenner - Yay an engineer, max surgery and trainer last with him as well if I can, another xbow candiate
    Matheld - another heavy knight, I try and give him some extra tactics though to boost party skill
    Lezalit - freak likes taking casualties, comes with highest trainer, so I keep that high and make him another heavy knight
    Rolf - light cav, keep his surgery so so, otherwise same as Baheshtur.

I'm missing wound treatment and first aid, firstly, extra points from Matheld or Alayen can go there to cover my low scores, but I can also wait it out in town if I really need to heal. None of my guys take spotting so I might scatter some points in that across them all as well, or for my char.

This lets me focus my guy on mostly what I want to do. My mains usually get 12 str tops, about the same agility and rest into Int and Cha to make up for my lack of Leadership points. I invest in trainer and some into pris management too so I can sell captives off for quick cash. I play it cautious in battles due to low hps and whatnot, but haven't had too many problems so far.

Go the caravan pillaging, village destroying path:
    Some of these guys will actually object to you being a meanie, but they shouldn't leave because of their friendships inside the group. Eg Marnid will cry if you attack a village or caravan, but because he has a bromance with Borcha and Borcha doesn't mind doing those things, he'll stick it out with only mild complaints.

Nizar - heavy knight, likes bloodshed and winning while outnumbered.
    Katrin - has inv management and trade skill, good for when you kill caravans and then sell their stuff. (FYI - before you kill the caravan, see where it's headed. Loot all their stuff and then go to their destination and sell it, usually the destination has a demand for whatever the caravan was carrying, just incase people didn't know this :P )
    Marnid - heavy knight, usually use him to fill in some points i'm missing elsewhere.
    Klethi - likes looting villages, tracking, pathfinding, etc, xbow to keep her alive.
    Jeremus - surgeon, xbow
    Ymira - backup surgeon, first aid, xbow
    Bunduk - trainer, xbow
    Deshavi - archer, scatter points into missing skills

One of them has to be an engineer.. otherwise that's a big one I'm missing. If I take this team I usually end up being melee focused and stacking on my str and agi, so I lack a lot, but who cares lol.

edit: That's just how I build, dont' take it as gospel, I could be way off haha.
    edit 2: There are less people in the dishonorable group that you can award land to without pissing people off as most of them are considered low born commoners :) I think only Nizar and Marnid can be awarded stuff, but I could be wrong.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think your list is backwards there cause Ymira, Jeremus, Bunduk and Deshavi hate you looting villages. :P

SkutSkut on