As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rape [Chat]

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    it's not like it's hard to meet vinny paul these days anyway

dude does spend 15 minutes in the bathroom doubling his pay all the time

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    trolling gun forums is so god damn easy

i imagine bunches of old dudes sitting at their computer getting angry enough to shoot their monitor over some guy making nonsensical arguments and responding to retorts with "o rly?"

stormfront hates gays right?

I kind of want to start talking about how disgusting the idea of two young, fit soldiers showering together, their lithe and taut bodies slick with soap, stealing curious glances at each other. It's so gross and unnatural, especially when they start to explore each other's body with unhindered lust until their commanding officer walks in and joins them in their carnal, forbidden, immoral exchange.

Casual Eddy on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Pantera devolved into hardcore shit

Didn't we meet someone that met someone from Pantera? Or was that a different band.

Whoever it was, that was the highlight of my day. It's not often you meet someone who met someone else.

yeah

the guy who like like WHOA I MEET THE DRUMMER FROM PANTERA WHILE PISSING
    Man, Axl Rose fell on me at a concert in Chapel Hill back in the early 90s. Some idiots pulled him into the crowd during it's so easy. Almost ended the concert and would have likely caused a riot in the Dean Smith Center.

Also, Pantera has one really good album, and a bunch of mediocre and uninspired metal otherwise.

Like Pearl Jam. After Ten, they are worthless to me.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    trolling gun forums is one of the best things

Organichu on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    trolling gun forums is so god damn easy

i imagine bunches of old dudes sitting at their computer getting angry enough to shoot their monitor over some guy making nonsensical arguments and responding to retorts with "o rly?"

stormfront hates gays right?

ummm dude? You never have to ask "Does stormfront hate X?" The answer is always "YES".

Haters are going to hate.

Deebaser on
    edited December 2010
    it might even be THE best thing

Organichu on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    actually, I think there is a decent number of stormfront guys who don't hate gay people

Nerdgasmic on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Wii is pulsing blue at me.

I remember that means something, but I don't recall what.

japan on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »

Didn't we meet someone that met someone from Pantera? Or was that a different band.

Whoever it was, that was the highlight of my day. It's not often you meet someone who met someone else.

yeah

Man, Axl Rose fell on me at a concert in Chapel Hill back in the early 90s. Some idiots pulled him into the crowd during it's so easy. Almost ended the concert and would have likely caused a riot in the Dean Smith Center.

Also, Pantera has one really good album, and a bunch of mediocre and uninspired metal otherwise.

He wasn't injured though?

That's a shame.

HappylilElf on
    edited December 2010
    yeah a big chunk of stormfront people distance themselves from the homophobia (and even the evangelistic overtones) because they're hoping to manifest a 'modern', respectable sort of position

and of course they're still terrible bigots but it's a focused bigotry, steeped in modern pseudo-science as opposed to alabama bigotry

Organichu on
    edited December 2010
    japan wrote: »

your house is being scanned for vulnerability analysis

Nerdgasmic on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

How do you troll such people?

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

oh noez

japan on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Pony you get into the beta? Or is it open beta?

they're calling it an "open beta" but apparently not everyone can get in?

at any rate, I'm in the beta, and there's no NDA anymore so I can talk about the game

I made a nazi supervillain named the Kommandant

Pony on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the amazons gave me $5 in video on demand credit

and I guess I can like, download a movie and then stream it to xbox

so maybe I will try that

skippydumptruck on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

yeah

MAN WHAT

Vs? Vitology?

Also Binaural was awesome.

MikeMan on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    yeah a big chunk of stormfront people distance themselves from the homophobia (and even the evangelistic overtones) because they're hoping to manifest a 'modern', respectable sort of position

and of course they're still terrible bigots but it's a focused bigotry, steeped in modern pseudo-science as opposed to alabama bigotry

huh that's interesting

Casual Eddy on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

it has a letter for you

I hate it when it does that because that light is bright as all fuck

I think I could read by it in an otherwise darkened room

goddamn it I'm tryin'a sleep here

Elendil on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

oh noez

I think it means it is updating something via WiFi. Maybe news or something. Or it is replenishing all the ? blocks in Super Mario Galaxy with coins.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited December 2010
    the PVP in this game is hilariously unbalanced

it's PVP anywhere, all the time (if you play on a PVP server) so if you are a low level hero flying around minding your own a high level villain can swing by, gank you, and fly away

i think there's some kind of level range limitation on who you are allowed to attack, but if there is it is generous enough that some random hero was able to like, one-shot me and run away

however, it's possible (depending on your powers) to take powers to disguise yourself as an NPC or another hero or whatever

Pony on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »

yeah

MAN WHAT

Vs? Vitology?

Also Binaural was awesome.

I can't speak for anyone else but Ten and Yield (as well as Live on Two Legs) are really the only three I love. I'm not sure how much play time I gave the others you mentioned though.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited December 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »

one of my favorites is talking about great experiences you had with law enforcement or local government

"hey so i went to the local blah blah blah and a deputy asked me to cover up and i did and he was really friendly, good interaction! :D"

they're all WHY

WHY DID YOU LET THEM TRAMPLE ON YOUR RIGHTS

FUKKIN SHEEPLE

Organichu on
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I always thought that Stormfront was a thinly veiled nazi reference...

Like the whole Volkstrum thing in Berlin before it fell.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Could you give me a run down on it Pony? Are you like JLU members if you are a hero? How is the character creation? Power sets? How is the super villian design system?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2010
    hot like the dickens

skippydumptruck on
    edited December 2010

huh that's interesting

yep

my racist uncle is actually one of them (i don't know if he posts on stormfront but he is on some boards)

he actually got up from a dinner with some friends and left because they were dissing gay people

and he calls theists suckers

but man, you let the words 'black' and 'people' appear in the same sentence and he'll start reciting his statistics about imprisonment rates and affirmative action and blah blah

Organichu on
    edited December 2010
    someone should tell John McCain that not even racists hate gay people anymore

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    I forget sometimes that I owned a HD DVD player for a while

skippydumptruck on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Welp looks like someone choose the wrong format.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Pony wrote: »

it's PVP anywhere, all the time (if you play on a PVP server) so if you are a low level hero flying around minding your own a high level villain can swing by, gank you, and fly away

i think there's some kind of level range limitation on who you are allowed to attack, but if there is it is generous enough that some random hero was able to like, one-shot me and run away

however, it's possible (depending on your powers) to take powers to disguise yourself as an NPC or another hero or whatever

What game is this? It sounds awesome.

Premier kakos on
    edited December 2010
    someone should tell John McCain that not even racists hate gay people anymore

i went to a couple queer pride parades in israel (where the tel aviv one was as liberal and decadent as the philly and nyc ones i've seen, and the one in jerusalem had horrible protesters) so i guess i am accustomed to some hardcore homophobia

but

i was watching philadelphia a few weeks back and there's a scene where the camera pans over the picketers in front of the courthouse

there is a sign that says "aids is the cure for homosexuality"

it was really jarring and i had to pause the movie and recover from it

Organichu on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010

DCUO?

Man, that looks pretty but the thinness of the power selection kind of astonishes me.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited December 2010

Welp looks like someone choose the wrong format.

I honestly think I'll end up just skipping over HD formats that come on a physical disk. DVRs are already pretty de riguer and I doubt I'll have any need for them by the time I end up buying an HDTV.

japan on
    edited December 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Could you give me a run down on it Pony? Are you like JLU members if you are a hero? How is the character creation? Power sets? How is the super villian design system?

alright keep in mind that the game has a bit of backstory to it

you are a super hero/villain because Lex Luthor came back from the future and set off an energy wave that gave a bunch of people super-powers, and/or you were motivated by this recent increase in the amount of superpowered people to become a super hero/villain

so you start as a brand new schmuck, who has a lot of "potential".

the choice of hero/villain makes no mechanical difference in how you create your character, it just changes your quests and faction gear and stuff after you make your dude

when you create a character, you choose a "mentor" (Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman for heroes, Lex Luthor, Joker, or Circe for villains) which determines your starting quests and opens up faction gear and shit.

Then you choose a Power Set. There's not a lot of power sets to choose from right now, but they're pretty standard super-hero standbys (Fire Control, Ice Control, Psionics, Sorcery, Gadgets, etc.)

Your powers (which are distinct from your Fighting Style, I'll get to that in a second) are the sort of thing you use with your number keys, and use up your "blue bar" of energy to cast, and have cooldowns, etc. If you've ever played Champions or City of Heroes, you're used to these.

The Power Sets actually have two "trees" that you take points in as you level up. Psionics, for example, has a Telekinesis tree and a Telepathy tree.

However, your powers are more utility/heal/control/buff type things, not your main attacks.

Your main attacks are from your Fighting Style, which you pick separate from your power set. The Fighting Styles have quite a bit of variety to them (Staff, Martial Arts, Dual Pistols, Brawling, Energy Blasts, and others) and most of them involve a weapon of some kind

Your Fighting Style attacks don't cost energy, and you have two buttons for them (Primary and Secondary), which if you are playing with a mouse (like a faggot) is Left Mouse Button and Right Mouse Button. if you're playing with a controller like a cool bro then they are just assigned to two buttons.

The Fighting Style attacks can unlock extra attack types, which you use by holding, tapping, or combining button presses to activate (for example, Brawling has a Hand Clap attack you activate by tapping and then holding Secondary Attack, martial arts has a juggle combo you turn on by going Primary-Secondary-Primary, etc.)

as you level up, you unlock new Powers and Fighting attacks on respective trees

uhhhh

that's all I can think of to answer your questions right now?

yeah

Pony on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »

one of my favorites is talking about great experiences you had with law enforcement or local government

"hey so i went to the local blah blah blah and a deputy asked me to cover up and i did and he was really friendly, good interaction! :D"

they're all WHY

WHY DID YOU LET THEM TRAMPLE ON YOUR RIGHTS

FUKKIN SHEEPLE

Ahh.

Have you tried the "I was in X country for a hunting trip and you know what? Restrictive rules on gun ownership works for some people" approach? Or is that too obvious

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    pony is it fun? how's the combat, you mentioned it was good but "for an mmo" right? my friend's HUGE into DC comics but not really a gamer. will he like it?

MikeMan on
    edited December 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »

DCUO?

Man, that looks pretty but the thinness of the power selection kind of astonishes me.

yeah there's a severe lack of power sets and fighting styles right now

of course, that's something they could improve in the future with just adding more content

the fundamentals of the combat system seem pretty solid, though

i started a dude and right out of the tutorial i felt pretty super-powered and not at all like some punk bitch

also the equipment system is craaaaaazy

Pony on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Reading pony's post with interest even though I'm telling myself I'm not interested in DCUO.

desc on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    I honestly think I'll end up just skipping over HD formats that come on a physical disk. DVRs are already pretty de riguer and I doubt I'll have any need for them by the time I end up buying an HDTV.

I've given up on physical formats completely.

I did make one exception when I bought a CD two years ago.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.