As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW-EU] www.obsidianspur.eu

• JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hopefully me ( Yurn ) and Kasuga will be back about this weekend or next week.

My fucking only bank card expired and they didn't send me a new one. To top it off, the snow has disrupted all the mail around here. :<

J on
  • Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Astns wrote: »
    Cause he's so casual. I'd suspected it for awhile now.
    Fucking casuals!
    J wrote: »
    Hopefully me ( Yurn ) and Kasuga will be back about this weekend or next week.

My fucking only bank card expired and they didn't send me a new one. To top it off, the snow has disrupted all the mail around here. :<
    Are you me?
    The same thing happened to me, luckily, I still had my paypal that I used to buy a key off of ebay.

Prof. Awesome on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    LOLITROLLU

Senshi on
  • TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've been healing as my shammy last evening and decided that's the path I want to take, but I'm still using the vanilla UI, still getting used to all the new stuffy Blizz added from last time I played. What add-ons should I be getting now? It's so hard to find solid advice on the interwebs, since a lot of it is pre-cata.

From scratch, what add-ons do you recommend? At the moment I pretty much just heal in instances, occasionally do other quests, sell a lot of stuff at the auction house, and chat to people. Might start doing battlegrounds as well today.

I've got a metric tonne of marking to do, so hopefully by the time I've finished you lovely peeps will have suggested some stuff for me to try out.

TPSou on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    I like to heal with just a grid-layout mod and mouseover macros. There's a built-in grid frame for raids now, it can be used for the party as well, but I like something like VuhDo or Grid for it.

Mouseover macros are easy:

/cast [@mouseover,help] [] Healy Spell

When I played my shammy I had them bound to F, alt-F, shift-F and some other key combos within easy reach. Then I just mouse over who needs healing and press a button.

There's also Clique, which lets you bind spells to mouse buttons for the same deal.

Echo on
    edited December 2010
    Shaman addons?

ShieldsUp is boss.

Also, fucking CLIQUE. Grid isn't necessary if you have good raidframes setup with either Pitbull or whatever. Also, Grid needs a lot of extra plugins to be worth a damn and it's fairly ugly out of the box, so to speak. Still, if you feel it does what yo want it to do, that's great.

General addons that are a good idea to have are Dominos (actionbars), Quartz (castbars), and SLDataText (modular info text, e.g. ping, gold, fps, durability status).

Senshi on
    edited December 2010
    You people really are helpful! Is there an easy way to set up a macro so I can hit one key and cast the shammy instaheal on myself without changing my target? Literally never used macros before, never been healing before and had situations like this pop up where I'm trying to keep a tank alive with timed heals but then suddenly take some damage and want to stop myself from dying

TPSou on
    edited December 2010
    Also, don't listen to Senshi, the failiest healer to ever fail at healing.

Echo on
    edited December 2010
    >implying I'm not a great healer

also casting with yourself as the target is /cast [@self] SPELLNAME

you should be able to add a modifier to only cast on yourself if you're holding down e.g. shift. I think this is how you do it: /cast [mod:shift,@self] SPELLNAME

maybe it's /cast [mod:shift,@self][] SPELLNAME

otherwise there should be a key that you can set in your bindings that'll modify for self-cast

none of this is particularly useful if you've got clique installed, however, as clique will let you do it smoothly.

Senshi on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've only just discovered the beauty of Clique. Question, is there any reason to have skills on your bars after you've got a clique bind for them? Riptide aside because it has a cooldown.

815165 on
    edited December 2010
    Maybe possibly for healing people not in the raid/party since it's slow to click-target them and then clicky-heal their target frame... but if they wanted heals, they should be in your raid. So clearly they don't deserve heals.

Echo on
  • AstnsAstns Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Too many shamans in this thread.

What is this the Burning Man festival?

Astns on
    edited December 2010
    I disconnected and can't get back in, anyone else got problems or am I the only one?

Prof. Awesome on
    edited December 2010
    Battlenet shitting itself.

Echo on
    edited December 2010
    As someone who has used Clique a lot, I am now trying to move away from it to mouseover macros, they just make more sense and are more flexible.
    Clique only works on unit frames, mouseovers work everywhere, even on the player models itself.

This is how my macros look:
    #showtooltip Flash Heal
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists,help,nodead] [target=target, help, exists, nodead] [target=player] Flash Heal

When I don't have my mouse over something, it defaults to my target, and when I have no friendly target, it defaults to me.
    So I don't need to mouse over my unitframe awkwardly to heal myself.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited December 2010
    I'm starting to doubt that we're as casual as we say we are

someone asks a question and like a bunch of us swoop in and answer with equally good advice

fuckin' posers is what we are

Senshi on
    edited December 2010
    Senshi wrote: »
    I'm starting to doubt that we're as casual as we say we are

someone asks a question and like a bunch of us swoop in and answer with equally good advice

fuckin' posers is what we are

Hey speak for yourself, I don't give nobody nothing.

Astns on
    edited December 2010
    You play a death knight. There's no way you have helpful advice for anyone wanting to play better unless said advice is "cut off your nose, it increases your face:keyboard ratio for dps HEHUEHUEHUE"

Senshi on
    edited December 2010
    Senshi wrote: »
    You play a death knight. There's no way you have helpful advice for anyone wanting to play better unless said advice is "cut off your nose, it increases your face:keyboard ratio for dps HEHUEHUEHUE"

Cutting off your nose is actually suboptimal, you want as many hard angles on your face as possible. A thick pair of glasses and a ten sided die taped to your forehead is how pro dks (such as myself) do it.

The results speak for themselves.

Astns on
    edited December 2010
    It seems I have been TOLD

Senshi on
    edited December 2010
    maximum-smugness.png

smug.gif

Echo on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Now post the actual DPS and damage for those runs :3

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    maximum-smugness.png

smug.gif

that's how awesome us rogues are

smug.gif

Kaglicious on
    edited December 2010
    Guess you guys haven't heard Elemental damage is fucking crazy in cata

Senshi on
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I know near enough nothing about WoW.

Well, saying that, I've gotten one character to like level 12 or something before, and then just gotten bored. Just made a trial account, I'll probably upgrade at the end of the 10 days.

Still cool for me to join, right?

Biosys on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yes.

815165 on
    edited December 2010
    Need more Echo alts for the guild.

Echo on
  • AFaustAFaust Registered User new member
    edited December 2010
    Seems like I got an itch to get back into WoW and all my old guildmates are no longer playing. Do you have a heart for rerollers? Any low-level Priests who want to be my private Healer while I level? :)

Thinking about maybe doing the Goblin thing, permanent bank access sounds handy ...

AFaust on
    edited December 2010
    If you do roll, my name's teep on the server, give me a shout and I'll roll a druid to come heal you, always fancied a druid.

TPSou on
    edited December 2010
    That crucible thing was fun, don't care what anyone else thinks! 8-)

Prof. Awesome on
    edited December 2010
    Alliance wankers had it coming.

Also, geared up for heroics now.

Echo on
    edited December 2010
    So we need another deeps and a healer and we can start doing heroics.

Also does anyone need chaos orbs for anything? I can make me and Daz some pretty decent tanking epics but need 3 for the chest, 2 for the belt and 1 for the shield.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    edited December 2010
    I need one for my engineering goggles.

Echo on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If any of you can make plate I could use a set for my Paladin as i'll be hitting 40 soon and I can't afford the stuff on the AH

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I can do you a set, spec?

mere_immortal on
    edited December 2010
    Finally got Cata, now to get to the levelling so I can catch up.

Astns on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I can do you a set, spec?

Protection <3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hey

Daxon on
    edited December 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    hey

Sup.

Anyone feel like facerolling the Ulduar 10 hardmodes during the week for the rusted proto? Should be a joke at 85.

Astns on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What's the guild position on new players (as in only just bought this yesterday, literally my first MMO ever)?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png