As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Lunchtime Fried Food Extravaganza II (Sign Up NAO!) [23]

MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
UPDATE: It is 100% confirmed that we will be hanging out with the MMT peeps from 1200-1300 :D

What: Unhealthy yummy food with PAXers
When: Thursday 1200-nom o'clock
Where: Faneuil Hall Marketplace, a.k.a. Quincy Market
Who: Us!
Twitter: @CheerfulChap and #FFE2

OMG FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE!!

Market's PDF Directory here

After having so much fun organising the Fried Food Extravaganza for Prime, I've decided to get people together for another one at East.

The premise is simple: cheap food. Lots of it. Many noms.

This is a fantastic place with loads of space for us to hang out, play games, and have a great time. One of the best things about this venue is there's loads of places to get unhealthy fried food, and plenty of space for whoever wants to come. This means that, while I'll compile a list of people who are interested, you can show up on the day even if you didn't pre-arrange!

Also, there's lots of options of what to eat, and plenty of cheap choices. You grab the food from wherever you want, and then we can all sit together. Lots of flexibility, and no one place will get slammed.

Also also, this has been specially programmed and hand-crafted to ensure FULL COMPATABILITY with the Magical Mystery Tour. We will be here at the same time that they will, to ensure maximum geekitude!

Please reply below if you're interested :)

A list of awesome people:
MelesMeles
Rdr
wingedillidan
MxWood
itzerokewl +1
Chronohawk
Pinder
ZeroHourHero +1
Knoland +1
Twinkie
territoires
arsonisfun
RazorD
gigabrain
King of Mars
The Terrible Man
punzie
jdixon1972
MangoChutnee +1
Dangeresquetoo

MelesMeles on

• RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This sounds interesting but might be better as a lunch since there's already a Pre-PAX Dinner in progress via VisionOfClarity.

Rdr on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I might be down for a nice greasy lunch. I doubt I'd join if it were a dinner thing because I'd prefer to go to the Pre-PAX Dinner. I know at Prime it was an alternative to those who couldn't make it to the dinner, so if becomes an either/or thing again, I'm likely out.
    Of course, it's early, so even if it is a lunch, I don't know if I'll have other more important things to do then.

The short version: lunch sounds good. Maybe I'll come!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just to clarify, if it did end up as a dinner, I wouldn't be trying to compete with Pre-PAX dinner, just offering a low-cost alternative. Given that there's tens of thousands of us, I don't think either event will be short of people! That was the idea at Prime too, so I'm very much not trying to step on toes :)

MelesMeles on
  • adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Add me in. Tho I might not even make pax depending on school.
    Thx for the FB notification :)

adester on
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh Meles, if this is a lunch, then you have my axe.

ZeroHourHero on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'd be in for lunch. Might be a nice get together while on the inevitable MMT of Boston.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'd like to go, but whether I'll be able to do lunch depends on the time. (After 12:30 is ideal)

Oh and note: they only take cash.

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
  • jexballjexball Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm intrigued and will attempt to make it

jexball on
    Twitter = JexBall Steam = Jexball Xbox = Jexball
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm not sure when I'll fly in, but I'll definitely try to make it. :)

Heleor on
    edited October 2010
    Awesome, looking like we're gathering momentum for the lunch option :)

MelesMeles on
  • Seductive KittySeductive Kitty Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I live in Boston, so I will definitely go to the lunch as long as it doesn't get in the way of the Pre-Pax dinner.

Seductive Kitty on
  • itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I could be interested in this +1 probably. Not sure if we'd be able to make lunch (depending on when our flight gets in) but lunch could be good, otherwise, we could be down for dinner.

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Goodfella2487Goodfella2487 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Im telling you, you all must go to Whiskey's. Unbelievably delicious American food, lots of TV's -- right across the street from the front entrance of the Prudential Center. Also, if you can, try Spike's Chicken Sandwiches. I went to both numerous times when I went to college at BU.

Goodfella2487 on
  • DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think I'd be down if this was a dinner...I kinda hate BiH so I won't be attending the dinner.

Dangeresquetoo on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This would be happening Thursday, right?

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited October 2010
    Unless we find a venue that can serve all of us with affordable lunchtime fried food, it won't happen. As of right now, it's looking bad.

I'll update if we hear anything.

MelesMeles on
  • DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    Unless we find a venue that can serve all of us with affordable lunchtime fried food, it won't happen. As of right now, it's looking bad.

I'll update if we hear anything.

Two questions....

1) Things seem to be filling up fast for the pokecrawl/Bell in Hand dinner. Would people be adverse to making this a fried food dinner instead of lunch?

2) Would a wonderful BBQ joint that could accommodated 20-30 people be a good idea?

Dangeresquetoo on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    20 people is on the low side, but I'd love a BBQ place.

As it is now, I'm not getting into Boston until around 5:30, so I'm all for this being an alternative (cheaper) dinner!

Heleor on
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I personally think Mikes would be fine for lunch, which I would totally be in for especially if its capped at about 20 people, they should be able to fit us all, i'll have to go eat there sometime soonish and check it out.

MxWood on
    edited October 2010
    This won't be a dinner. After talking to some forum folk, it was felt by all that this would be stepping on the Pre-Pax dinner's toes.

I will still be running it at Prime, since we have a venue and an arrangement that works there.

MxWood: Can you scout out Mike's on a Thursday at 1, and let us know how busy it is? they don't take reservations, and I don't want to go if we'll be served 1 at a time. If you think they'd have room, please tell us.

Thanks!

MelesMeles on
    edited October 2010
    This won't be a dinner. After talking to some forum folk, it was felt by all that this would be stepping on the Pre-Pax dinner's toes.

I will still be running it at Prime, since we have a venue and an arrangement that works there.

MxWood: Can you scout out Mike's on a Thursday at 1, and let us know how busy it is? they don't take reservations, and I don't want to go if we'll be served 1 at a time. If you think they'd have room, please tell us.

Thanks!

I sadly wont be back in Boston for about 50 or so days, but I will gladly have a burger in the name of research, even if theres a solution for another plan before then, in fact in the name of of this thread, I will have some fries and a soda too, then maybe i'll go for ice cream, then home for a nap.

MxWood on
    edited October 2010
    MxWood, just saw your post in the other thread. Thanks for everything you're doing, and take good care of yourself.

MelesMeles on
    edited December 2010
    IIITS BACK!!! Read the original post for new details.

MelesMeles on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sweet! Glad this is back on. Count me in.

Rdr on
    edited December 2010
    I was planning on making that a lunch spot for one day of the MMT. How convenient.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited December 2010
    punzie wrote: »
    I was planning on making that a lunch spot for one day of the MMT. How convenient.

Brilliance! Shall we coordinate and create a lunching geekmob of proportions AWESOME x WIN?

I can't hit the whole MMT, but it would be awesome to meet up with you guys. Especially if I can do so while eating fried food noms.

MelesMeles on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'll be on the MMT! Yay!

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited December 2010
    punzie wrote: »

Brilliance! Shall we coordinate and create a lunching geekmob of proportions AWESOME x WIN?

I can't hit the whole MMT, but it would be awesome to meet up with you guys. Especially if I can do so while eating fried food noms.

I won't be figuring out the exact scheduling until February, but I'll definitely try to get it on Thursday's schedule for just this reason! And then when our lunch is over, people will be able to easily choose to stay and geek out there or join us for the rest of our day. When I'm trying to figure out our itinerary and specific times, I'll send you a message to try and coordinate!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is this compatible with Window's Vista? I know I know... if so, I may be able to join.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited December 2010
    Is this compatible with Window's Vista? I know I know... if so, I may be able to join.

It is fully compatible, though it requires the MegaNom software patch. :)

MelesMeles on
    edited December 2010
    i'm in... that is all

MxWood on
  • itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm in +1!

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
    edited December 2010
    To answer a question I've had over PM:

Yes, there are salad/healthy options at the venue.

Yes, you will be heckled if you select them.

MelesMeles on
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Was trying to figure out when I'd be heading to Boston, maybe I'll head down for this. Why the hell not?

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    quincy market is a brilliant idea, but one note about seating: it can fill up fast. often I have stood holding my foods and waiting for someone to vacate a table. I recommend working in teams. claim a table, divide into food-obtaining and table-holding teams, then switch off.

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    IN, assuming I can afford to go to East. We shall see....

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    edited December 2010
    Pinder wrote: »
    IN, assuming I can afford to go to East. We shall see....

I know a guy who buys kidneys, no questions asked.

(Just kidding)

(Not kidding. Call me.)

MelesMeles on
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sir, why am I not on your list of awesome people?

I said if it was lunch you'd have my axe.

ZeroHourHero on
    edited December 2010
    Sir, why am I not on your list of awesome people?

I said if it was lunch you'd have my axe.

I'm sorry, I totally assumed that the forum software would automatically populate my list with people as awesome as you. I shall manually fix this oversight.

MelesMeles on
  • KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Count me in! Also, I have a friend who wants to go, but doesn't have a forum account.

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]