As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Killing your first-born [Chat]s

1575859606163»

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    what about people who hold that morality proceeds from god's will? this is a common belief in lay christianity.

that is to say that rape is immoral because it is contrary to god's will

Then god's will is arbitrary etc etc

Nothing that Socrates didn't discuss thousands of years ago.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthyphro_dilemma

Couscous on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gonna Minecraft it up.

Be good to each other, [chat].

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    what about people who hold that morality proceeds from god's will? this is a common belief in lay christianity.

that is to say that rape is immoral because it is contrary to god's will

Then god's will is arbitrary etc etc

or it proceeds along a higher wisdom or morality that isn't necessarily intuitive or even comprehensible by human brains and it is our lot to follow the will of our creator and master etc

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    In other news, Super Street Fighter IV is very hard. It took me ages to finish a single run through on arcade mode this afternoon, and that was on medium. I suck.

Wait til you fight humans.

I have no doubt humans will kick my ass so hard I'll be wearing it as a hat come Christmas Day.

If you ever need any tips or advice let me know

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't know what I'd do if it turned out there was someone else with powers even roughly equal to my own. It seems the will for causing harm goes away once it turns out I'd have to fight for it.

This would be a person I'd always be concerned is manipulating me and I wouldn't even know it. As long as he exists, I could never know my game was truly my own.

But man, I wouldn't want to live a paranoid existence of killing every possible threat.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    someone move my tv for me and accept all liability should you damage it.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    bogart

bogart will make the next chat

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.