As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: RIP Sunfire Garen, 12-14-2010. You will be missed.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Because they're true

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    now i know zen's name, now i have power over him

Arch on
    edited December 2010
    i really am excited about cass

but i think her voice will annoy me

Arch on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    i really am excited about cass

but i think her voice will annoy me

it takes a lot effort to move like this as a half snake half lady

unintentional on
    edited December 2010
    i wish riot would let you buy skins even if you didn't have the champion for it

heimer's blast zone skin is on sale....but I don't have heimer...but i really want that skin

Arch on
  • TheBenjomonsterTheBenjomonster Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Finally got this game working, many thanks to everyone that offered suggestions.

So now I am trying to learn to play- and my first trials were with Nunu and Janna. I loved playing Nunu, but as far as a build goes, is there a solid build to buff up his AP for the ice blast while still stocking up on HP/health regen?

Secondly, I have a similar question for Janna. Is it generally best to build for all-out AP on her? Or are there some aspects of her play that I am simply not getting?

I understand the item builds are very situational... I'm just looking for a very general guideline here.

TheBenjomonster on
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tree Eskimo is streaming

http://www.livestream.com/treeeskimo/

Pacificstar on
  • Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Finally got this game working, many thanks to everyone that offered suggestions.

So now I am trying to learn to play- and my first trials were with Nunu and Janna. I loved playing Nunu, but as far as a build goes, is there a solid build to buff up his AP for the ice blast while still stocking up on HP/health regen?

Banshee's Veil should almost always be your first big item on Nunu. It makes you a lot tankier and helps you get your ultimate off without being stunned. Once you've picked that up you're safe to build some flat AP for a little while, Zhonya's Ring being a popular choice.
    Secondly, I have a similar question for Janna. Is it generally best to build for all-out AP on her? Or are there some aspects of her play that I am simply not getting?

I understand the item builds are very situational... I'm just looking for a very general guideline here.

One nice thing about Janna is that she's one of the few champs that isn't particularly item dependent. Most of her teamfight potential comes from base numbers and effects rather than scaling numbers. As such you can build her a lot of different ways. Aura items like Soul Shroud and Aegis can be particularly good on her, as her team will use the auras better than she'll use the flat AP. After that you should probably build AP for stronger shields or tanky if you're dying a lot (though you shouldn't be, as Janna's not a character you usually focus in a teamfight unless she's out of position.)

Also, buy lots of wards. You should always get wards, but Janna is a great character to buy them on because of her fast movement speed and lack of dependence on farm.

Squidget0 on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

"I'm saving my taunt so that...*nunu does something*...as soon as he does that I can taunt him!" :D

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    God Teemo is fun.

And adorable.

My score was terrible for both games I just played with him, though. First time I saved Sion from horrible Panth/Gragas death on multiple occasions, but paid for his life with my own now and again.

Second game I was left to fend off Nidalee while the rest of the team did fun stuff and then died.

But I did get a glorious post death mushroom kill. <3

Yeah Nidalee, you thought that was a safe spot, didja? Nobody would put a mushroom there, five minutes prior, in anticipation that you would tower dive and exit in that direction, right? HAH.

FROM HELLS HEART etc and so forth!

Why don't I see more Teemos walling off Dragon with mushrooms? It seems to work rather well. At one point Panth actually ulted into the Dragon hutch to get past them. We killed him, then Udyr walked into my mushrooms instead and died too.

Maybe it's my love for the Goblin Techies shining through, but I really dig dropping multiple shrooms in one spot that is absolutely certain to see solo traffic.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That was one retarded tower dive. o_O

Aegis on
    Characters
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    except it won't run it's full course unless the enemy is a) retarded, or b) suppressed by your ult or otherwise incapacitated

anyone not asleep at the wheel will just run off of it.

So many people think they can just tank it.

These people die

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Yaaay

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So far I've won 7 out of the 9 Cass games I've played. This ranging from solo queue to duo queue to 5 man premades.

I'm really loving her playstyle I think she does really well in a solo lane (probably not mid though haven't tried that yet) It is pretty much impossible to push the lane against her as she can just dot up all the creeps in a pinch and her abilities are on a short enough cooldown that she can harass very well. (Had a mordekaiser so afraid to go near creeps that he would just sit back and throw his shield on creeps to try and push the lane)

I think she is most likely weak to champions that can close the distance very quickly (Ez, Kat, Kassadin, etc.) Not so much against champs that have speed boosts though because she can usually sit far enough back that she can see them coming a mile away and move accordingly. Or if she gets in a really tight spot her ult can get her away.

I haven't gotten to the point where I can consistently get last hits on champions though, it still seems like most of my contribution is just getting them low while the rest of my team finishes them off. But i'm fine with that as long as it wins us games.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've never fed off a Garen as GP before, it was a good feeling. Last Whisper is so awesome now, I love it. After I got it I crit Garen for more then half of his health and almost killed Teemo in one shot. If the game would have lasted longer I would have done it.
    Game_6.png

So I'm sitting on 3150 IP after the miserable 1 day boost I got was wasted on loss after loss after loss after loss after loss. I went from a little over 20 more wins to about 10 more wins.

So back to the 3150 IP, is Pantheon worth it now? All I hear is how much damage he does

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    edited December 2010
    How's her health/running ability/ability to mid against a ranged mid? Just curious about how susceptible to Kog'Maw poking she'd be (ie- He's not going to push the lane himself, so he doesn't have to worry about that, but generally he'll either wait for a team gank or wear her down with R and then push).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yes anyone who tells you otherwise is a whiner

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2010
    Haven't bought Cass, but I've been playing Kass.

Kass is fun. It's like his job is KSing.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    strag you really should try rushing a sheen on gp.

Try it and you will shit bricks :o

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, I tried to like Tree Eskimo's streams, but he's kind of a douche. He rags on his pubs a lot for being bad even when they're doing fine. He also tends to not take responsibility for stuff that was his fault.

He was midding against MF and she ports back, then goes for a gank on the way back to her lane. He calls her missing just as she is coming out for the gank. Same thing happens again. Later she's missing again and he doesn't call it at all, and when another lane dies to her gank he's all "I didn't call it because MF never goes ganking." When she's already disappeared twice to go ganking. Then he blames them for dying to it because "it's so easy to avoid that's why MF doesn't gank.

He has good advice, but I find he's a really bad team player and whines a lot about his teammates.

I much prefer Roku's stream, since he also does cool things but isn't a total douche while doing it.

Asiina on
    edited December 2010
    I don't really care about getting the kill, as long as they die.

Pacificstar on
    edited December 2010
    Tree? A douche?

Um

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2010
    Tree doesn't come off as a douche to me. He's normally just explaining the game as it's going, his thought process, and mechanics. And if he's angry at his teammates it's usually due to the explanation he just gave/is in the process of giving about why what they did/were doing was terrible.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    strag you really should try rushing a sheen on gp.

Try it and you will shit bricks :o

I have a sudden urge to try a lichbane ap/crit GP

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited December 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    Man, I tried to like Tree Eskimo's streams, but he's kind of a douche. He rags on his pubs a lot for being bad even when they're doing fine. He also tends to not take responsibility for stuff that was his fault.

He was midding against MF and she ports back, then goes for a gank on the way back to her lane. He calls her missing just as she is coming out for the gank. Same thing happens again. Later she's missing again and he doesn't call it at all, and when another lane dies to her gank he's all "I didn't call it because MF never goes ganking." When she's already disappeared twice to go ganking. Then he blames them for dying to it because "it's so easy to avoid that's why MF doesn't gank.

He has good advice, but I find he's a really bad team player and whines a lot about his teammates.

I much prefer Roku's stream, since he also does cool things but isn't a total douche while doing it.

He does make it a point to mention his own mistakes a lot. I don't really get the impression that he rages although he definitely comes off as a little arrogant.

I like Roku's stream but his commentary just doesn't teach very much. I feel like I learn something every time I watch Tree play.

OremLK on
    edited December 2010
    Fuck crit on APlank

Lichbane is all you need

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I learn every time Tree streams. Roku for me isn't as interesting

Pacificstar on
    edited December 2010
    Yay, Twisted Fate Tree! He seems to like his global ults.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Avarice plank best gimmick plank.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You should still get a last whisper on AP plank though. Lichbane proc is proced as phyiscal damage that gets reduced by armor.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited December 2010
    Hmmm, AD TF?

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited December 2010
    I like AD TF more than AP.

OremLK on
    edited December 2010
    Ah, just wasn't sure how common it was. Tree was making it seem like he normally doesn't play it.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited December 2010
    It's a pretty common TF build.

I looove SotD on TF which it appears is going to be Tree's first item.

OremLK on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What goes well on Panth?

Long Sword + Pot
    Boots + Long Sword
    Brutalizer
    Tier 2 boots
    Last Whisper
    Ghostblade
    Bloodthirster

That is what I'm thinking of going with at the moment

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    edited December 2010
    Wow, Tree just demolished them. Nifty SoTD use there.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    Asiina wrote: »

He does make it a point to mention his own mistakes a lot. I don't really get the impression that he rages although he definitely comes off as a little arrogant.

I like Roku's stream but his commentary just doesn't teach very much. I feel like I learn something every time I watch Tree play.

It's not really rage as much as just casual arrogance and claiming their bad after about a minute and a half of gameplay. I've seen him complain about someone in another lane being destroyed by their lane opponent when they were 5 CS lower, but then that person goes on to kill their lane opponent and push down the tower first.

And with the case of the MF he says "oh that's my bad, but..." and went on for about 5 minutes giving excuses how it was equally their fault. And when she disappeared again after that he said but didn't call her, it was entirely their fault.

He does give good advice and it makes you think about doing things a little differently so you don't miss out on any experience by backing, but the attitude is definitely offputting.

Asiina on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Holy crap Last Whisper is beautiful for twitch now.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Did...I just see a turret shot kill a Vlad who was in a pool just now? o_O I thought he evaded every goddamn thing during pool (annoying when you try and ult him as Karthus)?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    does Parrrley instantly use sheen's damage effect?

Nerdgasmic on