As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: RIP Sunfire Garen, 12-14-2010. You will be missed.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yes

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Did...I just see a turret shot kill a Vlad who was in a pool just now? o_O I thought he evaded every goddamn thing during pool (annoying when you try and ult him as Karthus)?

I don't believe he can avoid turret shots that were targeted before the pool

Nerdgasmic on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tree can get a little arrogant, but it seems pretty rare to me. I was watching one of his most recent streams and both him and his brother were bitching about a bad Warwick and how it was like a 3v5, he even had a rare kind of blow up, but they were getting rolled and their WW was dropping the ball. As per your MF example, if MF is constantly ganking the side lanes, then at some point yeah, the heroes in those lanes should be expecting and looking for it without him having to call her out MIA. (Though yeah, mid should still be doing it regardless.)

That said the guy usually gives people the benefit of the doubt, and seems pretty good about pointing out his own mistakes. I mean at first some of the stuff he says can seem mean, but if you follow the guy's line of reasoning he's usually right in the end, and he does teach you a buttload of stuff about the game.

Dark_Side on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I liked it when he had a teammate PhilosoPoppy. He was like "what? no. that's terrible..." *Poppy has slain an enemy*

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    Asiina wrote: »
    Man, I tried to like Tree Eskimo's streams, but he's kind of a douche. He rags on his pubs a lot for being bad even when they're doing fine. He also tends to not take responsibility for stuff that was his fault.

He was midding against MF and she ports back, then goes for a gank on the way back to her lane. He calls her missing just as she is coming out for the gank. Same thing happens again. Later she's missing again and he doesn't call it at all, and when another lane dies to her gank he's all "I didn't call it because MF never goes ganking." When she's already disappeared twice to go ganking. Then he blames them for dying to it because "it's so easy to avoid that's why MF doesn't gank.

He has good advice, but I find he's a really bad team player and whines a lot about his teammates.

I much prefer Roku's stream, since he also does cool things but isn't a total douche while doing it.

He does make it a point to mention his own mistakes a lot. I don't really get the impression that he rages although he definitely comes off as a little arrogant.

I like Roku's stream but his commentary just doesn't teach very much. I feel like I learn something every time I watch Tree play.

It's not really rage as much as just casual arrogance and claiming their bad after about a minute and a half of gameplay. I've seen him complain about someone in another lane being destroyed by their lane opponent when they were 5 CS lower, but then that person goes on to kill their lane opponent and push down the tower first.

And with the case of the MF he says "oh that's my bad, but..." and went on for about 5 minutes giving excuses how it was equally their fault. And when she disappeared again after that he said but didn't call her, it was entirely their fault.

He does give good advice and it makes you think about doing things a little differently so you don't miss out on any experience by backing, but the attitude is definitely offputting.

No but a lot of the time he'll qualify that with a statement like "Well, I don't know how good he is, maybe he's just having a bad game, everyone has bad games". If you watch his stream a lot you'd know that's pretty much what he means when he says somebody is bad--he means they're playing badly. And I've never heard him make a big deal out of something as small as 5 CS, that's a huge exaggeration.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, don't slander the eskimo!! Errr, who wants to start the new thread? NOT IT.

Pacificstar on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The next thread should be all about Teemo and how adorable he is.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I call fives on the new thread

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This was literally a minute and a half into the match and he was calling the solo lanes bad, saying they were getting destroyed by their opponents. This was only after looking at the score screen and while I admit the steam quality makes the CS count hard to see exactly, they were about 5 off.

I think this was the game where he played Urgot for the first time.

I've tried several times to watch his streams, but it always seems that he makes these really arrogant statements about his teammates that come off really douchey. Sometimes he ends up right, sometimes not, but I just don't really like the attitude that comes with the good advice.

Asiina on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tree's is the most informative stream in terms of what he's saying. Hotshot doesn't talk strategy much but when he does, it's usually very good (and beyond calling people out on being bad in-game, he's really nothing like as obnoxious as people on this board want others to believe he is). Jiji's is probably the most informative to watch, in terms of what he's actually doing (I would say he's far and away the best mechanical player). Reginald and DanDinh's are the two that I find the least watchable, both in terms of the players' mechanical ability, and their actual attitude. I mean, Reginald in particular spends half his streams swearing without limit or thought for people watching (honestly, I do not particularly enjoy watching someone call others n*s over and over).

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Basil wrote: »
    The next thread should be all about Teemo and how adorable he is.

So much hate for Teemo.

Dinger is the real star.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I'm going to start playing more solo ranked just so I can avoid having to face the most blatantly broken champions.

Constrictor on
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Tree's is the most informative stream in terms of what he's saying. Hotshot doesn't talk strategy much but when he does, it's usually very good (and beyond calling people out on being bad in-game, he's really nothing like as obnoxious as people on this board want others to believe he is). Jiji's is probably the most informative to watch, in terms of what he's actually doing (I would say he's far and away the best mechanical player). Reginald and DanDinh's are the two that I find the least watchable, both in terms of the players' mechanical ability, and their actual attitude. I mean, Reginald in particular spends half his streams swearing without limit or thought for people watching (honestly, I do not particularly enjoy watching someone call others n*s over and over).

I've only really watched Roku's stream and informative or not, it's damned entertaining. Especially when he plays Lux and is just giggling to himself the whole game.

Asiina on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Armor Pen Zilean! =D

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited December 2010
    Roku is entertaining with Lux. I've watched his stream a pretty good amount and his Lux games are by far the most fun I've had watching it, mostly because you can tell he is having tons of fun himself.

However, I find his commentary very bland and boring, generally speaking. I guess I'm spoiled because I just love that Tree talks about why he does things constantly. Roku almost never does that.

I watched a little of GuardsmanBob today and he was really entertaining.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I'm going to start playing more solo ranked just so I can avoid having to face the most blatantly broken champions.

I KNOW RIGHT

Pacificstar on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Duo queue with me Constrictor! I've been wanting to play more solo ranked but am not big on queuing by myself.

Nisi on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm still working for another 4 hours but I'd love to do some normal matches with some people. How would one go about playing with you all? I have the vent info, I just haven't had the time to try it out.

After the talk about Gangplank I was thinking about buying him and trying him out.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nisi wrote: »

Duo queue with me Constrictor! I've been wanting to play more solo ranked but am not big on queuing by myself.

Queue with me instead! Nisi hates people, it's a proven fact*.

*hate may be limited to not inviting me to games

schuss on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    schuss wrote: »
    Nisi wrote: »

Queue with me instead! Nisi hates people, it's a proven fact*.

*hate may be limited to not inviting me to games

I don't hate yordles and Constrictor is a yordle.

Nisi on
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zoelef's Law: In a true solo-queue match, the team with the fewest ragers wins.

Corollary: In the event of a 0-0 rager situation, the match will be difficult yet rewarding even in defeat.

Zoelef on
    edited December 2010
    I put so many people on ignore today. In my last game I had three people all fighting over who got to solo mid (including a Trundle) and then bitch about KSing the entire game. I dunno if they were a partial premade just trolling the pubbies or if they were being serious, but either way, okay, you're 12, and you're on ignore now.

OremLK on
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zoelef wrote: »

Corollary: In the event of a 0-0 rager situation, the match will be difficult yet rewarding even in defeat.

I Luxed with Cho'gath against a Teemo who kept raging in all chat, just in range of Cho's stun.

So he landed stuns left and right, which I followed up with e -> snare -> hit -> pop e -> hit.

And the more he died the more he raged, it was a vicious cycle.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    edited December 2010
    By the way the game with the people raging about kill stealing? We were winning that game. By a lot. It wasn't even close.

If they were being serious I can't even imagine what they're like when losing.

OremLK on
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    kedinik wrote: »
    Zoelef wrote: »

I Luxed with Cho'gath against a Teemo who kept raging in all chat, just in range of Cho's stun.

So he landed stuns left and right, which I followed up with e -> snare -> hit -> pop e -> hit.

And the more he died the more he raged, it was a vicious cycle.

/nod

On the other hand, one of these days I'm going to get tempbanned for poking at ragers.

e.g.

Enemy Taric: THIS TRISTANA IS SO BAD
    Me: You mispelled Taric
    Enemy Taric: STFU
    Me: Report you after the match. Got it.

and of course he blows up in the postgame screen, so I ss'd that for educational purposes.

Zoelef on
    edited December 2010
    ESKI!

Holy shit that was fucking epic if anyone else is still watching.

Nidalee is to TreeEskimo as Lux is to Roku.

OremLK on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That was some epic cougaring.

reVerse on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Serves me right for turning off the stream. Hopefully he'll put the vids up later.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited December 2010
    Haha, now he's being kind of a dick

But his team did play horrible

Aaaand this is why I don't play solo queue ranked outside of prime hours for the most part

OremLK on
    edited December 2010
    Listening to his description of 5 minute, zero-creepscore Gragas and the way the team is acting...I feel sorry for Tree.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited December 2010
    Like yeah it was one of those things where the entire team has 0 kills and at least 4 deaths except him

Their solo mid Gragas (who made Tristana duo lane) died like the instant his lane opponent arrived

It was pretty horrible

OremLK on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So the change in Garen's Judgement means you need more than 254 AD from items in order to do more damage than pre-change Garen with the same build. Except if you go tank Garen then you do considerably less damage at all ranks. Why bother playing him again?

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Talith wrote: »
    So the change in Garen's Judgement means you need more than 254 AD from items in order to do more damage than pre-change Garen with the same build. Except if you go tank Garen then you do considerably less damage at all ranks. Why bother playing him again?

He never dies. And his steady damage output is pretty good in team fights.

This is all assumption on my part, too.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    my friend has been having pretty awesome success with AD garen, actually

i always jungle, he always solos top, and i'd say 95% of the time he gets first blood

he said that rank 1 judgement's damage is terrible since the patch, but rank 2 does roughly similar damage as pre patch so he still rips squishies apart and keeps them at 30% until he hits 6

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rank 1 judgement has 10 less damage than pre nerf. It's the later ranks that got nerfed.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited December 2010
    huh thats weird

well either way he gets first blood whenever he solos top as garen while i jungle so whatever!

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited December 2010
    i am tired and sick and it is finals week so i will steal the next new thread for JAM MOBA SON

i concede the current new thread

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I always have a good time when a team/a person on a team whom I'm facing immediately starts talking trash. Like...

Enemy Trundle does a good pillar of filth, blocking me between it, a wall, and a creep wave just out of reach of my tower with my lane mate on the other side, ALMOST resulting in my death as Poppy. I say in /all "Damn Trundle, that was a good pillar, props".

Enemy Irelia from a completely different lane immediately responds with /all "I'm going to push your shit in fag"

To which one of my teammates says /all "Uhhh...he complimented him?"

Fast forward 5 minutes when our solo lane Shen gets his THRID double kill on Rammus and Irelia (I wish to fuck I had a recording of that shit), Irelia ragequits, and I pipe up with /all "Wow, really".

Enemy Trundle /all "He was a having a bad day".

Me /all "Well, it's not exactly a great way to start a game by trash talking."

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    thinkin' about buying movespeed quints, specifically for cass, but I'll get use out of them on other people too eventually I bet

unintentional on
    edited December 2010
    how much movement speed does she get when she Q's a dude

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png