As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mount and Blade:Warband-X Mod better than Y Mod- Z Mod okay

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There's a hidden cheat that gives you alot of Noldor troops (Along with other high end troops.) that you can do at any time.

Just go buy some salt and go to a training field. Then, ask about Pendor.

This causes all training fields to disappear though, since apparently cheating is bad in PoP.

Archonex on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ah, crap. There's a PoP patch out and it's not save game compatible. Now I have to decide if I want to start over. I've taken over all of Sarleon at this point and have 1000 renown....

Sir Carcass on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In WB PoP, you can no longer give orders... and jouster equipment sets no longer have sidearms :( I once had a 1v1 where we both got unhorsed and had a poke match.

Yes, you can. I've been doing it all along. Maybe you need to have a certain reputation, first, or something? But I usually start off every battle by "Everyone, Stand Here!" and it works just fine.

As far as sidearms go, every fallen enemy drops whatever they were wielding when they died, so I like to go over and pick up a heavy practice sword as soon as possible.

Elvenshae on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i've never had problems giving orders, although my usual order is just EVERYONE CHARGE!!!

seems to work out pretty well for d'shar troops

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't know why but in my Diplomacy game the Swadian lords have begun to add oddly. As part of the Vaegirs we managed to take all the Nord, Khergit and Swadian land minus Haringoth castle, and Praven. For some reason all the Swadian lords just sit in Praven with 100+ parties. And even though half of them have no fiefs they won't leave the faction. In fact Irya, who had joined the Vaegirs after the Nords were eliminated just left to join Swadia even though there was no way he would get anything. I can't even take Praven because there's about 1000 troops in there.

The Sarannids have also declared war on me, and they have something like 30 lords because of many of the lords going to them after their factions being eliminated. Is there any way to entice lords to join your faction? We have tonnes of extra fiefs, in fact I think Yaroglek has a massive backlog of fiefs to distribute.

Should I try going to the Vaegir lords who don't have many fiefs and supporting their bids for fiefs? It seems that some of the lords in my faction are dissatisfied as some of them have left the faction. Any way to assuage that?

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    I can't even take Praven because there's about 1000 troops in there.

Sounds like they're doing the right thing, then.

Sir Carcass on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    In WB PoP, you can no longer give orders... and jouster equipment sets no longer have sidearms :( I once had a 1v1 where we both got unhorsed and had a poke match.

Yes, you can. I've been doing it all along. Maybe you need to have a certain reputation, first, or something? But I usually start off every battle by "Everyone, Stand Here!" and it works just fine.

As far as sidearms go, every fallen enemy drops whatever they were wielding when they died, so I like to go over and pick up a heavy practice sword as soon as possible.

I have tried several times to give orders in a tournament - and I have the "won 30+ tournaments" achievement so rep shouldn't be an issue - and it has never worked for me. Maybe I just didn't want it bad enough. :o I'll try again.

Yeah the sidearms thing is almost never a problem, but the 1v1 finals of lance v lance where you both get unhorsed takes a long time. :P I almost lost: he kept chambering my pokes. I ended up just putting the shield away and doing two handed pokes to the head.

fadingathedges on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i've never had problems giving orders, although my usual order is just EVERYONE CHARGE!!!

seems to work out pretty well for d'shar troops

Usually I do it either to make a big distracting group while I sneak around and hit the other team from behind, or have a bodyguard when I get stuck with a really crap weapon. I only do it when there's mostly infantry, though, telling horsemen to stay still or go slow basically kills them.

Scooter on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just to be clear - I'm talking about in tournaments only. I give orders just fine all the time in field battles and sieges.

fadingathedges on
    edited December 2010
    Just to be clear - I'm talking about in tournaments only. I give orders just fine all the time in field battles and sieges.

So am I - the orders totally work. :D

Elvenshae on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ah, crap. There's a PoP patch out and it's not save game compatible. Now I have to decide if I want to start over. I've taken over all of Sarleon at this point and have 1000 renown....

Where'd you find the patch at? The PoP forums are a nightmare to navigate and more than half the threads on the first page are stickies, several of which are redundant.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited December 2010
    korodullin wrote: »

Where'd you find the patch at? The PoP forums are a nightmare to navigate and more than half the threads on the first page are stickies, several of which are redundant.

Yeah.

Also, fuck the fucking "Cheater Achievement" in every possible orifice. Fuck. Ass.

Apparently, Ctrl-H is a cheat. How do I know this? Because it's right next to Ctrl-J, which is "Rear your horse and stop it immediately."

Apparently, I hit one when I meant the other. I've now got the first "You've been warned!" cheater achievement, despite:

1) Not actually intending to cheat,
    2) Not having cheats enabled, and
    3) Not even knowing the Ctrl-H was a cheat code until I read the PoP forums to complain about this.

I await the response from the devs. That should be ... entertaining.
    Fuck.

Elvenshae on
    edited December 2010
    Your thread will likely be locked (Fawzia in particular has been on a locking spree lately) and you'll probably be subjected to a mocking "Yeah 'just rearing my horse.' Rebind Ctrl-J to something else then, cheater."

The whole justification for the anti-cheat stuff is silly anyway. They don't want people coming on the forums and complaining about the game being too easy because they Ctrl-F4'd everything, or bragging about doing something they did via cheats. It's a real big "So what?"

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited December 2010
    Your thread will likely be locked (Fawzia in particular has been on a locking spree lately) and you'll probably be subjected to a mocking "Yeah 'just rearing my horse.' Rebind Ctrl-J to something else then, cheater."

Actually, Fawzia's first response was surprisingly civil! We'll see what happens.

And you can rebind that? I didn't see it in the options ...

EDIT: Yeah, how do you rebind that one? It's not on the in-game menu.

Elvenshae on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I don't know if I like Blood and Steel, starting is so hard with the bands of super looters running around and everythings price jacked up 800%

SkutSkut on
  • Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Had an excellent moment that only comes playing M&B.

Was chasing down a fleeing enemy - you know, kill him now or fight him in a siege later - and as I prepared to backhand him, I noticed the Nord throwing axe jutting, just perfectly out of the back of his head.

Sorry, but I was laughing so hard I forgot to grab a screenie.

I let him go. I figured his day was ruined enough.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have plenty of Unicorn shots and stuff. This game does generate some great screens.

SkutSkut on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's the one thing I am mildly miffed about when carrying around an archer heavy army. You'll be chasing them down on your horse about to smack the living crap out of them. Then all of a sudden an arrow will manifest itself inside their head and you'll be cursing your teammates for stealing your kill while simultaneously marvelling at their accuracy from halfway across the map.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    So I don't know if I like Blood and Steel, starting is so hard with the bands of super looters running around and everythings price jacked up 800%

Win about three tournaments and you'll be off to a great start. Basic troops are death machines compared to looters so it'll be easy to get them up the trees a little bit. Prisoners are ridiculous, never had one sell for under 150, and you capture them regardless if blunt weapons were used or not.

The starting is slightly different, but it flows fine afterwards. My big problem is Merc Cannoneers are absurdly powerful. How powerful, you ask? Well
    mb16e.jpg

The only reason it doesn't have more listed is I haven't changed the font size.

Docshifty on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010

For the lance thing, just drop your lance and punch him in the face?

Also yeah, just avoid the PoP forums, they are dregs.

Morkath on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yay, more questions.

I just got a message that 3 noble recruits have joined my cause. Huh?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2010
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Actually, Fawzia's first response was surprisingly civil! We'll see what happens.

And you can rebind that? I didn't see it in the options ...

EDIT: Yeah, how do you rebind that one? It's not on the in-game menu.

Her responses to you are precisely what I expected them to be, though not quite the usual condescension.

Also, I would not really care that much about achievement rewards. It is fairly trivial to simply add in the rewards for most of them via character export/import when you get one.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited December 2010
    Morkath wrote: »

For the lance thing, just drop your lance and punch him in the face?

Also yeah, just avoid the PoP forums, they are dregs.

Punching dudes basically does zero damage, especially in PoP

Not one of those games where you can be a ninja master

Scooter on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Docshifty wrote: »

Win about three tournaments and you'll be off to a great start. Basic troops are death machines compared to looters so it'll be easy to get them up the trees a little bit. Prisoners are ridiculous, never had one sell for under 150, and you capture them regardless if blunt weapons were used or not.

The starting is slightly different, but it flows fine afterwards. My big problem is Merc Cannoneers are absurdly powerful. How powerful, you ask? Well
    mb16e.jpg

This was basically my experience with them (haven't sieged anything yet, still buying businesses to support my troops), but don't the cannoneers have ridiculously low ammo? They have let me pretty much take on armies 50% larger than myself. Interested to see how they work against regular army troops and not things like Sea Raiders, Forest Bandits, or Scum.

Hasn't stopped me from hiring a group of 60 merc crossbowmen in a tavern though to eventually turn into cannoneers. I originally wanted Vaegir Archers but fuck their faction. Half the towns are looted (by the nords I think) and the other half refused to let me recruit archers. So cannoneers it is!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »

mb16e.jpg

This was basically my experience with them (haven't sieged anything yet, still buying businesses to support my troops), but don't the cannoneers have ridiculously low ammo? They have let me pretty much take on armies 50% larger than myself. Interested to see how they work against regular army troops and not things like Sea Raiders, Forest Bandits, or Scum.

They're awesome regardless of what you're fighting. They shine in sieges though, because nothing gets close to them, attacking or defending, whereas in the battlefield they do great, but drop like flies if anybody manages to get close to them. They allowed me to break from the Nords, take three of their castles and Suno within two weeks.

They do chew through ammo, but that's really not an issue since they're so useful. I buy ammo at like 700 a barrel, use maybe three barrels a siege (I let the cannoneers do the work until the enemy is down to their final 70 or so troops).

Docshifty on
    edited December 2010
    Oh fuck right you can buy ammo boxes in B&S. Completely forgot about that. I should probably set cannoneers to their own group too.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Blood and Steel starting isn't that hard, I've found*. Use your starting money to buy as many troops as you can, find a looter group, kick the shit out of them, use the money to buy more troops. Rinse and repeat as needed.

*unless you're playing the Peasant. You can't even go into towns without risking the guards.

Phoenix-D on
  • bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I tried playing as a peasant on casual difficulty and even then it was ridiculously hard. It's fun in a "how long can I survive" kind of way. I can't imagine playing it for any length of time. The fact that you have to sneak into town makes playing it tedious as hell. That puts a crimp in all early game revenue streams. Even trying to sell loot risks losing your entire party, and at worse odds than a battle. You can't afford decent armor or weapons, so even fighting 2 or 3 bandits when you fail your sneak attempt is very hard. I don't think you can enter tournaments. Basically you have to be a masochist to stick with it for a whole playthrough.

bamjo on
    edited December 2010

It's in one of the stickies. What pisses me off is it was released the day before I downloaded PoP, but instead of, oh I don't know, listing the patch in the fucking download thread, they instead made a completely separate thread for the patch, with no mention of it elsewhere. So I played about 5 or 6 hours worth for nothing, basically.
    Also, I would not really care that much about achievement rewards. It is fairly trivial to simply add in the rewards for most of them via character export/import when you get one.

Yeah, I can confirm that you don't actually get the bonus from an achievement if that skill or stat is already maxed, so they're ultimately pointless, unless there's some that do something else I haven't seen.

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2010
    so i took on one of the king's requests to train some troops for him, he wanted 5 scorpion assasins to which i said EASY! Since I have 30 bladesmen, this should literally take a day or 2. After a day or 2 of killing brigand groups I was wondering why none of the bladesmen were levelling up. So I took a look at exp to next level, yeah turns out they need like 50k exp a or so to level :cry:

at least we finally went to war with someone again, now I can get into some actual fights to level

TheKoolEagle on
  • NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

The whole justification for the anti-cheat stuff is silly anyway. They don't want people coming on the forums and complaining about the game being too easy because they Ctrl-F4'd everything, or bragging about doing something they did via cheats. It's a real big "So what?"

I don't use the Ctrl-H in PoP, but I abuse Ctrl-X for exp and money and Ctrl+F4 for killing. Otherwise, the mod would just not be fun for me. Last night for example - I watched the final lord I needed to take down for a rebellion receive the support of a 350 strong adventuring company, and then proceed to take down a couple snake armies that had about 1000 prisoners each. He then hired every prisoner. It was me with my 160 versus him and his 2000+. My finger was sore from hitting Ctrl-F4 so much.

Noquar on
    edited December 2010
    mmmmmm thousands of prisoners, that would be some sweet sweet money

TheKoolEagle on
    edited December 2010
    Hmmm...have they changed how you hire prisoners now?

I saw a jatu war band that had some nolder prisoners. "Jackpot" I thought. After defeating the band, I didn't see the noldor in the list of available people to hire. Fooey.

I'm also not able to promote Ravenstern Horsemen to Knights....weird.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2010
    Noquar wrote: »

I don't use the Ctrl-H in PoP, but I abuse Ctrl-X for exp and money and Ctrl+F4 for killing. Otherwise, the mod would just not be fun for me. Last night for example - I watched the final lord I needed to take down for a rebellion receive the support of a 350 strong adventuring company, and then proceed to take down a couple snake armies that had about 1000 prisoners each. He then hired every prisoner. It was me with my 160 versus him and his 2000+. My finger was sore from hitting Ctrl-F4 so much.

Yeah, this is going to be fun. As I recently found out as well, I believe Shift+Ctrl+F4 will knock out all enemies. That would probably trigger their cheater achievement, unless you don't care.
    Heir wrote: »

Yeah, you can't hire prisoners level 40 or above, I believe it is. And I think you can't hire Noldor through prisoners at all.

Sir Carcass on
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Yeah, you can't hire prisoners level 40 or above, I believe it is. And I think you can't hire Noldor through prisoners at all.

when I learned this I stopped playing PoP immediately and started on Blood and Steel. I don't regret the switch

MrDelish on
    edited December 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »

when I learned this I stopped playing PoP immediately and started on Blood and Steel. I don't regret the switch

Eh, I kind of understand it. Noldor especially should be hard to get. It doesn't matter for me anyway, because I just need a few then I use a memory searcher to set the number to whatever I want.

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2010
    So how exactly do I acquire Noldor troops? I've got that one companion guy...but that's it.

Heck, I haven't even seen any Noldor roving bands in my game. Odd.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2010
    So how exactly do I acquire Noldor troops? I've got that one companion guy...but that's it.

Heck, I haven't even seen any Noldor roving bands in my game. Odd.

Which companion guy?

To recruit Noldor, you have to get a positive relation with them, then find Quigfen, or something like that. I believe he hangs out at the Laria tavern. I think you have to pay a qualis gem and he'll give you a random assortment of troops to choose from, possibly. You can also buy Noldor equipment from him.

Sir Carcass on
    edited December 2010
    Provided you have a decent army (Ravenstern is great for this) you can find wandering Noldor bands in the forests around the Empire/D'Shar borders. You fight them, knock as many unconscious as you can, and once you capture them all, release each one individually for a boatload of reputation. It's quite easy if you know what you're doing, and you'll never have Noldor problems again.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited December 2010
    Are Noldor the only ones you can release for rep? Cause I don't see that for anyone else.

So far I've gone from -20 to -12 by helping them fight Jatu. That Jatu region is always fun, there's usually at least 3 big fuck-off armies in the area, then a dozen smaller bands with 50 prisoners each they've gotten from leeching off the main armies in fights. If you can avoid the fuck-off armies you can regenerate a force from rescued prisoners pretty quick there.

Scooter on