As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Got $100, Looking for Something New

CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Games and Technology
As the title suggests, I have a hundred bucks in my pocket, and I want to buy a new 360 game. As odd as it sounds, I want something that has great looking armor for the main character, preferably upgradeable with new pieces. Also, a game with a lot of exploration and story would be nice.

Most of the obvious choices I've played the shit out of. Right now it looks like a choice between Halo: Reach and Fallout: New Vegas. I've also had my interest peaked by something called Ego Draconis, or something like that.

Any recommendations?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
CaptainNemo on

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sounds like Fallout: New Vegas is your game: tons of upgradable crap and more freedom than a GTA game. If your PC can handle it, you might consider getting it there instead, especially as Steam'll probably have it discounted during the x-mas sale.

Darlan on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Darlan wrote: »
    Sounds like Fallout: New Vegas is your game: tons of upgradable crap and more freedom than a GTA game. If your PC can handle it, you might consider getting it there instead, especially as Steam'll probably have it discounted during the x-mas sale.

... and mods. Glorious, glorious mods.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    As another suggestion, Dead Space has a simple but really well executed story, and the armor is upgradable, too. It doesn't have much in the way of exploration, but going back through and playing it again recently, I'm finding myself really,really impressed.

I think a lot of us just assumed it would be trumped by RE5 at the time it came out and it never got its due proper accolades.

Darlan on
  • Options
    PixiStyxPixiStyx Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fallout: New Vegas? D= My god I must be behind on video games to not have heard of this.
    Waaaaaaaaant.

PixiStyx on
    RLFhalf2-1.gif -A webcomic
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    As the title suggests, I have a hundred bucks in my pocket, and I want to buy a new 360 game. As odd as it sounds, I want something that has great looking armor for the main character, preferably upgradeable with new pieces. Also, a game with a lot of exploration and story would be nice.

Most of the obvious choices I've played the shit out of. Right now it looks like a choice between Halo: Reach and Fallout: New Vegas. I've also had my interest peaked by something called Ego Draconis, or something like that.

Any recommendations?

I assume you've already played Batman?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, it looks like I'll get New Vegas. As for Dead Space, I rented it and liked it, I'm just not sure how it'll stand up to multiple playthroughs.

On the hand, holyshitmutantalienzombiebabypuntkicking.

EDIT: Played the shit out of AA. Got all the Riddles.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com