As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

COD:BLOPS - Play on the Black Wang, Friday night!

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I heard the patch nerfed the YY reload cancel. Is this true? If so, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Musicool wrote: »
    I heard the patch nerfed the YY reload cancel. Is this true? If so, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Oh, is that what happened. That makes some sense, now. :(

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited December 2010

You know, early on in the hype cycle I had a niggling worry that Treyarch was getting a bit too carried away with nerfing everything that seemed unfair. Some of the calls were good (SP gone!) but others were in the grey area (nerfing dropshotting - if you dropshot with Tactical layout, you'll know it's 5 times more frustarting losing every single knife off than it is to lost to a dropshot).

Nerfing YY? That's too far. YY comes up once or twice a match; it's not a gamebreaker. What's more, without it you're even more vulnerable to silly spawns and Ghost. Oh and Second Chance.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Err, as a random heads up (although I hardly ever get to play with any of you, and would like to do so more over the coming winter break):

If you join me/invite me/friend me and I don't talk or respond, it's more than likely one of my 3 roommates is playing. They have a lot more free time than me and are the ones playing the majority of the time.

pardzh on
    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Have some clips. First, Jack Bauer disarm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiNkM-uwt0c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No idea, I was just psyched at all the numbers popping up on screen within 30 seconds of the match starting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9AOl-djopg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mercy: good times in FFA tonight. Pubstomping is fun, and coming into a game that's halfway in and finishing third with a 3.0 k/d is very much a boost to my confidence with this game.
    I don't think I'll ever go back to Hardline. Scav Pro is so unbelievably sexy. I was running around an area just spamming nova/drags while picking up refills. I'm sad that it doesn't refill claymores, but I understand and would hate to run into that build again.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Post-patch I keep getting disconnected from the server. Might just be a fluke, though, guess I'll check tomorrow.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've got some clips too!

Getting a Blackbird in 7 easy steps. Remember kids: public players are like T-Rex, if you don't move from your spot they (apparently) can't see you. Also, make sure to magically use lag to your advantage.

Lag to SR-71

This clip needs no description for it is to awesome to even attempt to describe.

MEDIC!!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Firmus_PiettFirmus_Piett Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh man, I are so much anger right now. I pulled off the single most amazing thing that I'll ever do and got disconnected. I was fine until I went to check it out in the theatre only to realise it didn't save.

I'd describe what happened but it just isn't the same.

Firmus_Piett on
    camo_sig.png

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Dover: that medic clip is great. The other team had to be getting pissed.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I'm not a fan of reload cancel. If you made the decision to reload, then you have to face the penalty of being unable to fire. I've been getting sick of killcams that are halfway through a reload animation only to go straight into ADS.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited December 2010
    I used to like FFA. 18 man FFA, though, is the worst kind of bullshit. It is a literal guarantee that no matter what map you are playing on either you will have someone spawn within two feet of you or you will spawn within two feet of someone. Direct line of sight or not.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
    edited December 2010
    also is anyone else only getting a fraction of the servers they used to?

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
    edited December 2010

I'm not a fan of reload cancel. If you made the decision to reload, then you have to face the penalty of being unable to fire. I've been getting sick of killcams that are halfway through a reload animation only to go straight into ADS.

I figured out what they did: YY acts like a single Y. You change to your pistol. It feels like Treyarch saying "Think you're smart doncha?", but it's ok I guess.

The FAL is like a gift from God. It's a miracle weapon. Why don't more players use this beast? It can't be fair, it just can't.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why do you people say you can't win knife fights with tactical...

I win maybe 5% less than I would with the normal layout, if that.

Hibernus on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The FAL is like a gift from God. It's a miracle weapon. Why don't more players use this beast? It can't be fair, it just can't.

Well you know what they say about the effects of holy items...

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited December 2010
    Hibernus wrote: »

A longer reaction time, the habit of pulling the trigger instead of reaching for B, and the fact that you can't follow a target in that last half second.

Just today I got a GWK where I was hiding outside a doorway, knew a guy was on the other side, ran in, was about to stab him but he moved, then had to spin 180 degrees and stab him proper like. He moved at the right time: when my thumb was off the thumbstick. Didn't save him, but it might have saved a better player. And then was when I 100% had the upper hand from the beginning of the fight to the end.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited December 2010
    Spider, those FFA games were fun. I'll be on for a little bit tomorrow afternoon, and then I'm gone for the weekend (sailing the pacific, bitches). So I'll see you Sunday! Cunts.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Quickscope some sharks/some Indonesian bitches for me, Mercy.
    Hibernus wrote: »

A longer reaction time, the habit of pulling the trigger instead of reaching for B, and the fact that you can't follow a target in that last half second.

Just today I got a GWK where I was hiding outside a doorway, knew a guy was on the other side, ran in, was about to stab him but he moved, then had to spin 180 degrees and stab him proper like. He moved at the right time: when my thumb was off the thumbstick. Didn't save him, but it might have saved a better player. And then was when I 100% had the upper hand from the beginning of the fight to the end.

This is how I hold my controller when I'm playing with Tactical layout and I know I have to knoif somebody.

image0039.png

If it looks extremely uncomfortable, awkward, and carpal tunnel inducing, that's because it is!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited December 2010

By "sailing the Pacific" I mean "I won't be more than 50 nautical miles off the coast of California," so probably won't be running into a lot of polynesians. I will almost definitely see some dolphins/seals/whales. No sharks. Also I will be leaving my 82A1* here in Vegas.

*I totally don't own one of these.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

By "sailing the Pacific" I mean "I won't be more than 50 nautical miles off the coast of California," so probably won't be running into a lot of polynesians. I will almost definitely see some dolphins/seals/whales. No sharks. Also I will be leaving my 82A1* here in Vegas.

Do you live in California? You can't even fucking own a .50 BMG there. Ridiculous.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It looks half awkward and half like you're throwing up a gangsign.

-SPI- on
    edited December 2010

Do you live in California? You can't even fucking own a .50 BMG there. Ridiculous.

I live in Vegas. Pay attention.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    edited December 2010

I live in Vegas. Pay attention.

Man fuck Nevada

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mercy is one lucky SOB.

Tridus1x on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The FAL is alright until it decides to shoot blanks. It did the same shit in MW2. You don't even see bullets hit anywhere, they just vanish.

BlindPsychic on
    edited December 2010
    This is how I hold my controller when I'm playing with Tactical layout and I know I have to knoif somebody.

If it looks extremely uncomfortable, awkward, and carpal tunnel inducing, that's because it is!

Tried The Claw back in Halo 3. Can't stand it, even for a few seconds.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited December 2010
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Dover: that medic clip is great. The other team had to be getting pissed.

"Get up soldier!", "Your family needs you boy!" and "You never leave a man behind!" was what I was yelling at him with each attempt.

With my girlfriend borrowing the camera, here's a small video clip showing off my emblem in action.

R.D.F.

100 old-school bonus points if you can guess what it is and where it is from. *hint in the youtube title*

:mrgreen:

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx3jIdLOVPM

listen. i almost want to buy you a PS3 just so I can see that emblem in game.

almost

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Figures. The days of the week I am traveling for business the patch hits. Can't wait to get home and try it out. Anyone have any impressions?
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Post-patch I keep getting disconnected from the server. Might just be a fluke, though, guess I'll check tomorrow.

Do you need me to log into the main web site and bounce it?

DietarySupplement on
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've definitely been killed less by the knife since the patch, and have killed more people who were flailing wildly with it.

Ganluan on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Figures. The days of the week I am traveling for business the patch hits. Can't wait to get home and try it out. Anyone have any impressions?

There were some on the previous pages but they can pretty much be summed up as "Patch? What patch? Nothing changed!" and "I give up, it's MORE broken!" It seems to have broken the game for those last lucky people the last patch didn't fuck over.

-SPI- on
  • SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Had a blast playing last night! Surprising how the game actually becomes fun when your team talks

Hit me up sometime if anyone wants to play again, maybe do some Zombies sometime. (IT Jerk)

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ganluan wrote: »
    I've definitely been killed less by the knife since the patch, and have killed more people who were flailing wildly with it.
    They borked the goddamn knife. :x

I r not happy about this.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm back from Australia and have finally had a chance to play this game a bit.

Combat training is quite fun, though on Vet its just bullshit. My roommate and I tried 2 on 9....mistake
    Enemy Attack Dogs Incoming! D:

Sucks that I missed pre-nerf Hardline pro, but oh well.

Arrath on
    edited December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx3jIdLOVPM

listen. i almost want to buy you a PS3 just so I can see that emblem in game.

almost

I own a PS3 just not the game. :D

I was actually thinking about making a video tutorial on how to create the emblem. 11 layers ho!

Edit for original emblem clip:

R.D.F.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Funny, I watched that clip without reading the description. At the end when you reloaded, I was like "Hey, he's got the logo from Macross! Nice!"

Then I read the actual post. Duh.

I like my blue octopus holding two swords, but I need something better now.

Fawst on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I'm getting blops for the ps3 tonight. we'll see how it goes.

belligerent on
    edited December 2010
    Fawst wrote: »
    Funny, I watched that clip without reading the description. At the end when you reloaded, I was like "Hey, he's got the logo from Macross! Nice!"

Then I read the actual post. Duh.

I like my blue octopus holding two swords, but I need something better now.

Although it's being partially covered by the scope, my clan tag is "RDF". Other acceptable options are "Rick", "Roy", "Max", "REF", and "VF1S".

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ganluan wrote: »
    They borked the goddamn knife. :x

I r not happy about this.

The knife has been borked since day 1. I'm going to come out and say it: I miss commando. At least Commando was predictable. Now, I have no idea whether my knife is going to work or not. The answer is usually "probably not."

twmjr on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »

There were some on the previous pages but they can pretty much be summed up as "Patch? What patch? Nothing changed!" and "I give up, it's MORE broken!" It seems to have broken the game for those last lucky people the last patch didn't fuck over.

Well, serves me right for getting my hopes up. I'll still try once I land and get to the house tonight, but... I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. :(

DietarySupplement on