As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SUPERMANS 2010 - Give freely of your heart

• arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is invincible any good? I have been meaning to pick it up.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So far it's awesome, I'll let you know when I finish!!

cardboard delusions on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Invincible is great. I got the first five TPBs for a song from Amazon.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited December 2010
    I finally did my comicbookdb list: http://comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=33997

That's all of my trades. I'm too lazy to list my singles.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Nogs wrote: »
    i just got a package full of comics!

but i don't know if it was a secret superman or a secret satan!

The order was shipped on December 7th, which is the exact day info went out, so it could be either!

I'm gonna research it a bit and try and figure out and I'll post pictures at the appropriate place

If it's full of comics wouldn't the chances be that it's a secret superman?

Grifter on
    edited December 2010
    Just ordered my gifts. They should be arriving on Tuesday.

wwtMask on
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got my second gift from my Superman.

It was Punisher MAX Vol. 4 holy shit no way thank you so much please tell me you did not spend $100 on ebay to get this.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've gotten a bunch of crap over the holidays, but I don't know if any of it is right for my Santee.

The best find was a copy of Superman: Secret Identity for $1.

Robos A Go Go on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grifter wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    i just got a package full of comics!

but i don't know if it was a secret superman or a secret satan!

The order was shipped on December 7th, which is the exact day info went out, so it could be either!

I'm gonna research it a bit and try and figure out and I'll post pictures at the appropriate place

If it's full of comics wouldn't the chances be that it's a secret superman?

You would say that

BECAUSE YOU ARE AWESOME!

look what grifter sent me you guys!
    20101209175734.jpg

That is Animal Man vol. 1 & 2, Pride of Baghdad, We3 and The Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack!

Seriously dude, I've been wanting to read all of these for a long time and this truly is super

grifter, you a rad man!

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    noiiiiiiiiiiiice

I read and enjoyed all those, way rad

Antimatter on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dang, those are some excellent reads.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    You're welcome, mate. I own all of those books and have enjoyed reading them several times. When I saw them on you wish list, I knew that you'd enjoy them.

Grifter on
    edited December 2010
    Gifts came in but I don't think I am going to be able to send it out till Monday afternoon.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thank you Kyle!!!! Chew Vol 3 very welcomed and surprised by Invincible Ult collection 1!!!!! My gift is going into the mail tomorrow, shipping priority so I hope to make someone happy by Wednesday!
    You're welcome! Hope you enjoy the series as much as I do!

KyleWPeterson on
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Half my stuff bought, waiting on the ordered stuff to arrive. Can't wait to post this shit out!

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thank you Kyle!!!! Chew Vol 3 very welcomed and surprised by Invincible Ult collection 1!!!!! My gift is going into the mail tomorrow, shipping priority so I hope to make someone happy by Wednesday!
    You're welcome! Hope you enjoy the series as much as I do!

Invincible is very awesome so far - I can't believe I wasn't reading this!

cardboard delusions on
    edited December 2010
    Amazon says that my gift package was delivered yesterday, but I haven't seen the recipient post about having received it...

wwtMask on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh My Good God, I am so sorry Santee

But you know that Simpsons episode that has the parody gag of a Fedex advert in it? Where Mr Burns needs a parcel sent to Pasadena and it ends up with Homer giving him it back?

That just happened to me

So I apologise profusely but you might not get it by Christmas Day, sorry.

It is coming though!

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Amazon says that my gift package was delivered yesterday, but I haven't seen the recipient post about having received it...

Same for me, USPS confirmed delivery. Maybe we left them awe struck!

cardboard delusions on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2010
    i don't know if i'm either of you guys's santee, but the address I gave is my parents' so I might not know right away (although I'd assume my mom would call me if something came)

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    i don't know if i'm either of you guys's santee, but the address I gave is my parents' so I might not know right away (although I'd assume my mom would call me if something came)

Ditto

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2010
    Keith wrote: »

Ditto

Ah, that should explain things.

cardboard delusions on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, FedEx delivered my gift yesterday as well, so if you guys and gals have a proxy address check with them to see if you got it.

TexiKen on
    edited December 2010
    Everyone who mentioned proxy addresses, when do you plan to go home :D

cardboard delusions on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2010
    I'll probably head up to my parents sunday or monday, but there's always a chance they'd come down here and drop it off

I called my brother and he hasn't seen any packages, but I'll double check with my parents later

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2010
    I'm heading home on the 21st.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2010
    To my victim...errr I mean Santee, I sent my gift today with conformation of delivery on the 16th.

To my Superman, I have not received anything as of yet if I am one of the above peeps.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just as a heads-up: I'm in the process of figuring out and gathering present components. Real Life(tm) got in the way a bit, but I'm hoping to finalize my purchases this week, and send the present out at the beginning of next week.

Delduwath on
    edited December 2010
    If any of those are directed at me you need to step up and claim yourself as my Secret Santa right now, as I am also doing a similar Secret Santa thing over on the IGN Comics board and I have no idea if it was from one of you or one of them.

If it is you, please rise so you may be showered with praise over your choices.

KyleWPeterson on
    edited December 2010
    If any of those are directed at me you need to step up and claim yourself as my Secret Santa right now, as I am also doing a similar Secret Santa thing over on the IGN Comics board and I have no idea if it was from one of you or one of them.

If it is you, please rise so you may be showered with praise over your choices.

Awesome, you did receive the gifts I sent then. I kinda forgot to include a gift message with the package. Anyway, the Amazon invoice should say "Maurice Cain" on it.

wwtMask on
    edited December 2010
    Thank you so much! I read Sweet Tooth was awesome (which wasn't too surprising since Essex County is one of my favorite comics ever) and I'm planning on digging into Unknown Soldier later tonight. Have a wonderful Chrimbus!

chrimbus_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

KyleWPeterson on
    edited December 2010
    You're welcome! I can attest that Sweet Tooth is great.

wwtMask on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm afraid my gift might not go out before Christmas, but if not it should arrive quite soon afterward.

Wildcat on
    edited December 2010
    Kyle, Invincible just accelerates in awesome issue after issue!

cardboard delusions on
    edited December 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I'm afraid my gift might not go out before Christmas, but if not it should arrive quite soon afterward.

Me too, on account of finals.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2010
    I got 'something' but I am not sure if it is from here or the Shack White Elephant.

Although with this note I got, I am thinking here but wanted to make sure before I make a writeup for it. :P

The gift is very epic btw.
    OMG I so got called out. I figured this might happen. :)
    5264947224_08da0f7ae8_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arcath_/5264947224/in/set-72157625481541171/

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    arcath wrote: »
    I got 'something' but I am not sure if it is from here or the Shack White Elephant.

Although with this note I got, I am thinking here but wanted to make sure before I make a writeup for it. :P

The gift is very epic btw.
    OMG I so got called out. I figured this might happen. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arcath_/5264947224/in/set-72157625481541171/

well it does say super so I'm guessing it's for here. right?

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Well I wanted to make sure as I am doing a few this year.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    GIFT GET!!!

Alright, so I got home last night and something was sitting on my front porch.
    A wild box appears!

5267528546_8e7e2487a2_z.jpg

I wonder what could be inside.

5267529490_4f1988ca21_z.jpg

A note was attached which happened to call me out last year for not posting and pics.....
    Sorry about that.... :(

HOLY SHIT! A NINETEEN INCH GALACTUS!?!

5266924091_3ea68529a2_z.jpg

Hide up your moon and hide your planet because Galactus is rapin err body out here.

5267531012_ca8427d183_z.jpg

5267531800_4eb3a45b44_z.jpg

5267532624_a30259e141_z.jpg

No fat man in a red suit is getting down THIS chimney this year.

5267533848_ed30688fcc_b.jpg

Alright Secret Superman....Make yourself known to Galactus!

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ARCATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You are the best Secret Superman ever, for real.

Today I came home after work to find a package practically bursting with Kryptonian Energy!
    Delicious Alien Fruits!
    1292546336688.jpg
    Green Alien Space Cops!
    1292546300269.jpg
    Strange Creatures from another Universe!
    1292546289953.jpg
    Alien Teams from the 50s!
    1292546237293.jpg
    1292546248026.jpg
    Kryptonian Tales of Kriminals!
    1292546277191.jpg
    Hella Sweet Alien Medical Supplies!
    1292546322061.jpg
    Thrilling Science Kung Fu!
    1292546262211.jpg
    The Full Doomed Planet's Ensemble (unpictured solo are a NES Mint Tin and a Nightmare Before Christmas Figure
    1292546518529.jpg

All together a gift that is
    1292546363105.jpg

Thank you so much arcath! King of the Supermen!

6a00d8345158e369e200e5531c3cfa8833-150wi

Langly on