As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] The Chataclysm Has Come

1616263646567»

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, I really appreciate something Blizzard did for quest rewards; in general, all the gear you get from questing in a zone matches.

questgearmatch.jpg

Admittedly, a couple of those pieces came shortly after leaving... I think it was Arathi. Or it was Wetlands maybe. I dunno. But all that gear came in a zone's worth pretty much and it all looks great together.

On a semi-related note, how the fuck do I change the quality the game saves screens at? >.<

Henroid on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That actually looks like a really neat set.

I should really try out the new 1-60 stuff.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    None of the names match either is the best part. "Tablet-Bearer's Pauldrons," "Swamp Gas Gauntlets" - those are both in that picture up there. :P

Henroid on
    edited December 2010
    The paladin charger is such a weird mount. It's kinda fat for a horse. O_o

Henroid on
  • PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, I really appreciate something Blizzard did for quest rewards; in general, all the gear you get from questing in a zone matches.

Admittedly, a couple of those pieces came shortly after leaving... I think it was Arathi. Or it was Wetlands maybe. I dunno. But all that gear came in a zone's worth pretty much and it all looks great together.

On a semi-related note, how the fuck do I change the quality the game saves screens at? >.<

In regards to changing screenshot quality. It appears that you can save the screenshots in either .JPG or .TGA. Personally, I think setting it to .PNG would be better.
    As of 2.1.0 WoW will default to saving your screenshots as .jpg, i.e. JPEG format. This will cut down file size but it will also destroy some detail due to JPG being a lossy format. People who want to change the format back to TARGA (TGA) will need to use the following command:

/console screenshotFormat tga

You may also set the format to JPEG but change the quality (decreasing compression and increasing size) with the following commands:

/console screenshotFormat jpg
    /console screenshotQuality 10

You can also look for and edit (or add) the 2 lines in config.wtf:

SET screenshotFormat "f"
    SET screenshotQuality "q"

http://www.wowwiki.com/Changing_the_screenshot_format

Is there a chance you could provide further information on all the specific gear you've equipped on your Paladin though, Henroid? It does look quite nice. I think I'll venture back to those specific zones once I'm done adventuring in Northrend.

Prisca on
    edited December 2010
    I don't remember many specifics, but the gloves came from Duskwallow and not Arathi (even though it matches).

Generally, items that match have a glow around the picture of the item in the icon (like the belt icon has a blue glow, as does the shoulders, etc). Just now in Andorhol I picked up a couple new pieces of mail that are purple on the texture (looks neat) but the icons color them with a green glow. So that's the easiest way to tell. Otherwise just keep an eye out.

Henroid on
    edited December 2010
    Oh and let me see if I remember... Westfall, the mail armor is green colored, in Redridge it's dark blue (to the point of not looking good), and I think Duskwood is brown.

Henroid on
    edited December 2010
    "GET READY FOR MOONFIRE."

Henroid on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    #1 graphical thing Blizz needs to work on: capes/cloaks.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There are capes in this game?

815165 on
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also, shields. Why do they float a foot away from my back? Why?!

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Howabout the texture stretching on vertical terrain? The hillsides in the malestrom were terrible

Arrath on
    edited December 2010
    I think tabards take priority over capes / cloaks. They already took a step with the latter; they cut out all those small back-cover things. Everything is at least a waist-length cape now.

Tabards are like regular shirt, but they have hanging bits at the front and back. There shouldn't be anything in the underarm area. Also, there's no texture underneath if you don't have a belt on. So the texture breaks. Also, if you wear robes, tabards are a massive failure.

Henroid on
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is there anything sweeter than ninja herbing the opposing faction with druid swift flight form?

I say no.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Funny thing I noticed today while leveling an alt:

They bumped up the guards and such to 85 to stop gankers. This seems to have been applied all over the place.

Including the Argent Crusade base in the SE corner of Icecrown, just outside Dalaran.

So that series of phased quests you do in the area is now hilarious because the guards are 85 and basically one shot any scourge mobs that come anywhere near them. This means the zone formerly teaming with mobs is now completely empty. I had to camp the mob spawn points and tag them before the guards roflstomped them. Thankfully, you still get credit. :)

Funny shit though.

shryke on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In patch notes they said they reduced the level of Shatari guards in the Bone Wastes to avoid the same problem, but it was even worse there since the mobs were 65 or something.

I ran into that in Icecrown too, it was hilarious.

Arrath on
    edited December 2010
    Is the difference of level 85 to previous levels really that huge?

Henroid on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Is the difference of level 85 to previous levels really that huge?

Yes.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    I think tabards take priority over capes / cloaks. They already took a step with the latter; they cut out all those small back-cover things. Everything is at least a waist-length cape now.

It should be noted that most of the quest reward cloaks you get leveling 80-85 are the short ugly half-cape models.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
This discussion has been closed.