As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Roller coaster tycoon type games

TommattTommatt Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Games and Technology
My dad just got a new kick ass laptop. Way more than he needs. 3.2gjz, 16mb ram, upgraded Nvidia graphics, blu ray, the whole deal. He likes games, loves the wii, enjoys rockband, and growing up liked anything flight sim(loved descent(sp?), some FPS'ers, and sim games.

But he loved roller coaster tycoon. The make your own coasters,
Ride them, and the sim part of the game. I see there's a 2 and a 3, just looking for an extra
Xmas present for Jim for his new toy. So what's the best rollercoaster type game put there in the vein of
Roller coaster tycoon?

Have also thought about GOG.com'ing him tropico.

Posted on phone, sorry for typos.

Tommatt on

• Options
    CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There's Thrillville: Off the Rails on Steam.

Catshade on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Does he have all the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 expansions? Cause they're actually decent.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Does he have all the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 expansions? Cause they're actually decent.

He probably played RCT2 last, if at all. He played RCT and all the expansions though. I do remember 2 not being very good. 3 is good though? Will check it out, maybe there's an all in one.

I've heard of off the rails. Is it pretty good? I'll look into that as well.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    RCT3 is fantastic, go get it.

The 1st expansion "Wet and Wild" is good, and the second Safari one is decent.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rct 3 platinum pack purchased!

Tommatt on