As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Un]Official PA WH40K Gaming League! Season 3: Round Robin

• susansusan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sorry Susan, I forgot to check the forums. I'm on now if you're still available.

Huntzy; what time zone are you in? We can maybe get a game in next week?

Cool! I'll set up a room :) .

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can see your room; how do I join it? Double-clicking/right click 'join room' aren't doing something. Do you need to invite me or something?

EDIT: Disregard; done it...

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks like connection issues delayed the end of my game with Sage, but it's resolved now. Game was Capture and Control, Dawn of War. Blood Angels were victorious with 2 objectives to 0.

Angels MVP: Librarian and Sanguinary priest, after losing their whole assault squad took down 7 chrisis suits and 2 broadsides.
    Tau MVP: Those same chrisis suits for murdering 10 assault marines in one turn of shooting.

Most useless - 2 Furiosos which managed to do absolutely nothing all game before exploding horribly. Also me for forgetting to roll for red thirst 3 games running now, and forgetting about my librarian's shield power to prevent an entire squad from getting murdered by plasma.

Simpsonia on
  • SageofTimesSageofTimes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Looks like connection issues delayed the end of my game with Sage, but it's resolved now. Game was Capture and Control, Dawn of War. Blood Angels were victorious with 2 objectives to 0.

Angels MVP: Librarian and Sanguinary priest, after losing their whole assault squad took down 7 chrisis suits and 2 broadsides.
    Tau MVP: Those same chrisis suits for murdering 10 assault marines in one turn of shooting.

Most useless - 2 Furiosos which managed to do absolutely nothing all game before exploding horribly. Also me for forgetting to roll for red thirst 3 games running now, and forgetting about my librarian's shield power to prevent an entire squad from getting murdered by plasma.
    That one Furioso took 3 turns of shooting to take down, with melta and two broadsides.

SageofTimes on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My first game in the league versus Susan's stoic Necrons ended in sweet victory for my pointy-eared murder freaks. Forcing a phase out on the Necrons as well as holding 2 objectives.

The mission was Seize Ground (4 objectives) using the Dawn of War deployment on a board criss-crossed with rivers and dotted with ruins.

Necron MVP: 3 squads of 4 Destroyers were absolutely on fire, whether it was scoring 6 penetrating hits on a Raider in turn 2 or passing all their FnP rolls in turn 3 pretty much every dice they touched turned to gold.

Dark Eldar MVP: A toss up between the combined wieght of fire of 2 Warrior squads downing the Deciever before it could do anything and the Chronos Parasite Engine which swept out of the webway and really put the pressure on the Necron ranks.

Most useless unit was undoubtedly the Wyches. Their raider was gunned down on turn 1 and many of their number soon followed. Only 1 wych survived to the end of the game. A pity too as they had the Haywire grenades needed to hurt the Monolith...

All in all an excellent game and I heartily thank Susan for it.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys, could ya make sure to report wins in colors so I don't miss it? Thanks. OP updated with the latest results.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Halos I'm Est and am usually good to play between 3 and ten my time but can't really go past 10

Huntzy on
    edited December 2010
    So you're five hours behind me? I can work with that. I can probably get a game in with you next week on any day but tuesday.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited December 2010
    Ben, when are you free?

SageofTimes on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dark Eldar cheat their way to victory 1 objective to 0!

In another epic game against Eldercat, the Dark Eldar pull their turn 5, then turn 6, then turn 7 douche baggery in contesting objectives held by the enemy with vehicles.

Seven damn turns...After a disappointing 3 rounds of shooting at each others vehicles, assaults began and ended poorly for the Dark Eldar attackers, leaving them with a handful of vehicles. Seizing the opportunity for victory, however, they sped towards their opponents held objectives and put the parking break on, allowing them to escape back to the webway with their true objective seized.

Eldercat had me seriously outgunned, but the dice were with me in the end it seemed. It was truly an epic game, like we keep having it seems, and Eldercat is a terrific opponent.

MVPs:
    Extreaminatus: Flickerfields, since no actual unit did much of anything except make saves based on these little beauties.
    Eldercat: The Master of the Deathwing for pretty much scattering my scoring units and HQ practically on his own.

Extreaminatus on
    edited December 2010
    Anyone wanna get in a game later this afternoon, around 5pm PST?

susan on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Dark Eldar cheat their way to victory 1 objective to 0!

In another epic game against Eldercat, the Dark Eldar pull their turn 5, then turn 6, then turn 7 douche baggery in contesting objectives held by the enemy with vehicles.

Seven damn turns...After a disappointing 3 rounds of shooting at each others vehicles, assaults began and ended poorly for the Dark Eldar attackers, leaving them with a handful of vehicles. Seizing the opportunity for victory, however, they sped towards their opponents held objectives and put the parking break on, allowing them to escape back to the webway with their true objective seized.

Eldercat had me seriously outgunned, but the dice were with me in the end it seemed. It was truly an epic game, like we keep having it seems, and Eldercat is a terrific opponent.

MVPs:
    Extreaminatus: Flickerfields, since no actual unit did much of anything except make saves based on these little beauties.
    Eldercat: The Master of the Deathwing for pretty much scattering my scoring units and HQ practically on his own.

Seriously, he made 10 5+ saves in a row, and then he missed 2 and I managed a weapon destroyed and a stunned, then he made 10 more 5+ saves in a row, the only way I was able to kill any vehicle is charging it, 12 power fist attacks finally managed to do something, but at that point I was only able to kill 1 a turn, he ended up having 1 more vehicle than he needed to contest all 3!! points I held with troops.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hello all. sorry ive been flaking out. I thought I'd have more time to play, but work is busy so... yea.
    Im glad to be working, but with all the stuff i gotta do at night to prep for the next day, I dont have any free time (on top of that, Im going to be working on a cruise ship for the better part of january, so any decent amount of internet is EXPENSIVE)

Im going to have to bow out of season 3, and try again in season 4.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    edited December 2010
    Moridin, I saved our match if you want to continue later.

Sage, can you please not interfere with League matches you're not in? You were kinda repeatedly negatively impacting the game back there; it ain't cool.

susan on
    edited December 2010
    susan wrote: »
    Moridin, I saved our match if you want to continue later.

Sage, can you please not interfere with League matches you're not in? You were kinda repeatedly negatively impacting the game back there; it ain't cool.
    I just wont watch, can't stand spectating I guess. Sorry I fucked with the game.

SageofTimes on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'll be able to finish it up on Thursday night. Work consumes everything until then.

Moridin889 on
    edited December 2010
    Alright, so, now that Ben's out of the Tourney due to work/expense of internet, Eldercat, Halos, either of you up for a challenge?

SageofTimes on
    edited December 2010
    Alright, so, now that Ben's out of the Tourney due to work/expense of internet, Eldercat, Halos, either of you up for a challenge?

I can play you if you like, I'm free pretty much all day today. Tomorrow I've got a game with Huntzy but today or Friday is fine.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited December 2010
    So I can probably play a game tonight after 8 CST, or almost any time tomorrow. Susan, Elder, Skarsol down for a game?

Simpsonia on
    edited December 2010
    Can't tonight, and tomorrow I'm tryin' to finish my unreasonably close (though still likely doomed) game vs Moridin. Perhaps this weekend/early next week, though.

susan on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I should be able to play tonight, just gmail me if I'm not on Vassal.

Edit: I'm idling in the lobby Simpsonia.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited December 2010
    A thrilling draw was had by all last night! The crafty Eldar managed to wipe out an Assault sqaud but then had their hard hitters stuck in a corner. Veterans dropped down on the Eldar troops guarding their troops and were wiped down to two guys. The Guardians were so pleased with their success that they ran home to drink, leaving the flag undefended. The 5 man squad holding down their flag ran to the other side of the board after seeing the squad of their companions butchered.

Game called in Round 5. I had no troops left and Simpsonia was running away from my guys to preserve the draw.

I'm around all day today if anyone wants to play that I havent yet.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited December 2010
    You forgot to mention the best part, that you were rolling so incredibly and consistently high that it actually killed 2/3rds of your troops from failing LD tests!

Simpsonia on
    edited December 2010
    The Greater Good vs. Deathwing.
    The Greater Good prevails.
    Swapping out various unneeded units (Hammerheads) in favor of more AP1/2 turned out to be in the Tau's favor. Excellent turn 1 shooting disabled Elder's Dread and immobilized his Land Raider, forcing his command squad to make the rest of the trip on foot. I slowly nibbled away his forces from there, killing terminators with some AP 2 and 1 weaponry, but mostly relying on massed wounds to do the job (Strangely, Belial took two wounds to missiles on the first and second turns, so bad luck there). I finally claimed 2 objectives to Elder's one, and took him down to one final squad of 3 guys, removing his ability to take two objectives at the same time (he'd still have to shoot well to stretch his guys on both objectives, while stopping other units from contesting, and make tons of saves to pull off a draw). Decent game, still, with sub-par rolls on Elder's side.
    Sage's MVP: Railguns for taking out mech 1st turn, although I'm sure others would rather my suits get it for wounding Belial twice w/ regular weapons.
    Elder's MVP: Probably Missile termies for finally killing some of my suits.

SageofTimes on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ap 1 and 2 is good against terminators? Surprising!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Simpsonia, thou art challenged!

Extreaminatus on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just reformatted my computer, so it actually works now. Vassal foes, let me know when you are available

Moridin889 on
    edited December 2010
    Alright, when are you available Extream? I'm pretty busy until Thursday.

Simpsonia on
    edited December 2010
    Thursday could work, but I may be out of town then. How are you for the weekend?

Extreaminatus on
    edited December 2010
    To be honest, I have no clue about the weekend yet, it being New Years and all. I may be able to get home and get a game in around 8 CST if I hurry tomorrow, but that depends on if I can get my work done in time. I'll keep you updated.

Simpsonia on
    edited December 2010
    I'm going on a cruise from the 2nd-9th, so gonna be unavailable then. Prolly can't get in any games before then either what with NYE and prep.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited December 2010
    So quick question for Eldercat that came up in my game with skarsol last week. Both him and I agreed that librarian stock powers can be changed at game time as they are not wargear that costs any points. that's how we played our last game, but it would probably be best if we could get a ruling for consistency's sake.

Edit: What I meant was before gametime (ie when revealing auxiliary lists, rather than having it be part of the locked in core that is posted on page 1).

Simpsonia on
    edited December 2010
    ^It's probably best that they are decided before the game, otherwise there's nothing stopping sneaky DE players (ie: me) from swapping Raider/Ravager Dark Lances/Disentegrators (which are also free wargear) around as necessary.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited December 2010
    He wasn't switching them mid-game. He revealed his Librarian powers at the same time that we exchanged Army Lists. Basically, since the powers have no cost, they're effectively part of the 500 variable points in your list and thus can be changed before the start of each game. At least, thats how I interpreted the issue.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited December 2010
    Oh I see, same issue with the Hive Tyrant powers I guess. Swapping them as part of your army list should be no issue I think.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would agree with that.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited December 2010
    Hey Extream, caught the early train so I will be able to get a game in tonight after 8CST or so if your still game.

Simpsonia on
    edited December 2010
    I'm down, let's do this!

Extreaminatus on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    whooo hooo, 40k game for me to watch!

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited December 2010
    Alright, chilling in Vassal and finishing my list.

Simpsonia on