As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

12 hour Marathon for Child's Play!

72hours72hours Registered User new member
edited December 2010 in Games and Technology
72hoursremain.com is doing a 12 hour gaming marathon for Child's Play today. They will be streaming the entire event on Ustream and taking donations over chipin. We're currently playing Sonic Colors and will be taking suggestions for games throughout the day. Come check out the site and an donate to a good cause !

100_2769.jpg?pictureId=5821181&asGalleryImage=true&__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1285110346860

72hours on

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A word of advice: Most of the gaming marathons for charity get a lot of their audience from gaming blogs such as Kotaku and Joystiq. It might be more benefitial to send them an e-mail, or maybe send a link to Mike and Jerry.

I do enjoy this style of raising money for charity, though. If you try this again I'd send out notices to sites first, and try to have an incentive to raise certain amounts (like the Mario Marathon has their users "buy" more levels, and I think Desert Bus did it by hour).

Good luck, either way.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    72hours72hours Registered User new member
    edited December 2010
    This is primarily to just spread the word about the more 'official' marathon they will be doing next year. We'll be sending out emails and getting more sites involved for that one.. but this one is just kind of a quick holiday's style thing :)

72hours on