As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Implementation of changes?

2»

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2004
    13. You don't have to catch them all
    Just that dragon one. He was great.

14. Anyone who posts "in before the lock"and all variations will be banned
    Until such a time as they graduate from special school.

Duck Edit:
    16. If you're sleepy then just go to bed, for fucks sake
    Don't make a thread, asshole

Eye Sock Edit:
    17. DON'T BREAK THE H-SCROLL OR I'LL BAN YOU, FOOL

are really kinda lame. i mean, yes, good ideas, but don't really need to be rules. except maybe 13.
    if, you know, you really want suggestions here.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Hmmm, they've removed the rule about faking mod edits.....

I think those rules should stay, but perhaps as sub-rules of the "don't be an asshat" one.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    Orthanc wrote:

I think those rules should stay, but perhaps as sub-rules of the "don't be an asshat" one.
    eh. i just don't see the point in spelling out rules like that. it gives people the excuse of saying "well, it wasn't directly mentioned in the rules" and it just clutters everything.
    people won't read more than they have to, and less, more concise rules are better.

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Orthanc wrote:

eh. i just don't see the point in spelling out rules like that. it gives people the excuse of saying "well, it wasn't directly mentioned in the rules" and it just clutters everything.
    people won't read more than they have to, and less, more concise rules are better.

In before the lock has to be explicitly stated. As long as it's made clear that those are only examples of bannable asshattery it should be fine

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:

In before the lock has to be explicitly stated. As long as it's made clear that those are only examples of bannable asshattery it should be fine
    eh. i always thought that rule was rather lame.
    i guess examples would be cool, but still.. the banning of anybody who says it is just.. meh.

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:

eh. i always thought that rule was rather lame.
    i guess examples would be cool, but still.. the banning of anybody who says it is just.. meh.
    I'm not a fan of the rule, but if that one is going to be enforced, it needs to be stated

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    this seems like the right place to voice my new idea.
    how 'bout when someone visits a specific forum for the first time they go directly to the rules page and get a cookie. that cookie being the digital type that won't make them go to that page anymore.

i know the english of that wasn't so good but i'm very very tired

futility on
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    i've always liked when places had a special place for newbies. with all the rules. and a place where they can make a "hi i'm new" thread. and maybe a helpful forumer or two to help out or answer questions.

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2004
    Or they could read maybe 5 threads and pick up on the trends.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    but that's so hard to do.

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2004
    bone daddy wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Throwing your trash over the fence only works if your neighbor's a blind alcoholic seventy-five-year-old.

Exactly why the other forums shouldn't move rubbish to SE.

If it's a decent thread but not H/A material, I might move it. If the author asks that it be moved to a more appropriate forum, I will move it. That rarely happens, though. It's usually more something along the lines of someone who's started a stupid thread in order to troll. Then it gets locked, not moved. Weptastic was bad about crap like that.

I don't mind the odd thread coming from H/A that is fine, but I have never seen even a single SE++ thread work in EE.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited January 2004
    Ramius wrote:
    there should be new G&T rules coming out some time this month. We discussed and rewrote a large portion of them in the mod forum, but with the holidays, it sort of fell by the wayside.

What kind of new rules...?

Edit: Wow, deja vu.

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    Invisible wrote:
    Ramius wrote:
    there should be new G&T rules coming out some time this month. We discussed and rewrote a large portion of them in the mod forum, but with the holidays, it sort of fell by the wayside.

We fear change.

I think you become a colony of SE and have to pay us taxes

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    Invisible wrote:
    Ramius wrote:

We fear change.

I think you become a colony of SE and have to pay us taxes

No taxation without representation

seriously I've never had any problem with anything the ruling class has ever done untill now.

unless I was just being fucked with, and then I'm still waiting for ashton to come out and tell me i've been punk'd

futility on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    redxranger wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Throwing your trash over the fence only works if your neighbor's a blind alcoholic seventy-five-year-old.

Exactly why the other forums shouldn't move rubbish to SE.

If it's a decent thread but not H/A material, I might move it. If the author asks that it be moved to a more appropriate forum, I will move it. That rarely happens, though. It's usually more something along the lines of someone who's started a stupid thread in order to troll. Then it gets locked, not moved. Weptastic was bad about crap like that.

I don't mind the odd thread coming from H/A that is fine, but I have never seen even a single SE++ thread work in EE.

Well, Big Dookie's Happy Fun EE Bush Thread worked, if I recall--but that was reposted for EE, not dropped in whole. The problem with moved H/A threads is that, pretty much by definition, someone starting an EE-style thread there without PMing me first is breaking the rules. The first one, actually. And if it's a retarded discussion thread started by a known troll....

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    Perhaps the rule in linksville suggesting people ask for links in SE should be rethought.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Threads like this aren't too comon, but if they catch on it will become realy annoying.

I also don't think it's a good idea to encourage people to make threads in SE.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    Perhaps the rule in linksville suggesting people ask for links in SE should be rethought.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Threads like this aren't too comon, but if they catch on it will become realy annoying.

I also don't think it's a good idea to encourage people to make threads in SE.
    I noticed that thread too. Sending someone to SE for help is like dropping them in the tiger pit with a meat suit on.

Raijin Quickfoot on