As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Pokemon League: East [Now Over :(]

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nope. They're not raised at all, only lowered if they're above 50. We're doing local battles, not Wi-Fi as the wifi is completely unreliable at cons.

Heleor on
    edited October 2010
    Yup, all leader signups are almost full. We have enough to work with now, but we are going for two more to really get a good chance of everyone spotting at least one leader. :-)

As a sneak-preview: We're getting a website up and running soon, and will mention other cool things shortly! :-)

Heleor on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hear the Boss is prepping some surprises.... :P

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Samurai KappaSamurai Kappa Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Can I just say that this is going to be so awesome? Because this is going to be SO AWESOME.

I'm getting my team ready for this and I am loving every second of it. I've been listening to the Pokémon songs from Brawl while I'm at work to keep me pumped up. I MAY have a problem.

Samurai Kappa on
    edited October 2010
    Can I just say that this is going to be so awesome? Because this is going to be SO AWESOME.

I'm getting my team ready for this and I am loving every second of it. I've been listening to the Pokémon songs from Brawl while I'm at work to keep me pumped up. I MAY have a problem.

If that's a problem, I don't want to be well-adjusted.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • iDEViNEiDEViNE Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Matev wrote: »

You won't manage to take over Boston! I won't allow you to! D:<

iDEViNE on
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

So excited!! : D

RainbowTunnel on
    edited October 2010
    iDEViNE wrote: »

Watch me 8-)

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited October 2010
    How are you going to take over Boston without a PAX Badge?

Heleor on
    edited October 2010
    iDEViNE wrote: »

Watch me 8-)

The Gym leaders wont allow this treachery! D:

iDEViNE on
    edited October 2010
    Devine: If you're expecting Gym leaders to bail you out, you might want to watch out - one of the leaders at Prime was directly funded by Giovanni, and another one was seen walking around with Giovanni and Ariana often!

They're already started infiltrating our structure. Nothing left to do but to just resign ourselves to taking a big fat check from Team Rocket. :P

Heleor on
  • WarbaneWarbane Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    Don't think I can make it to east but I ran a mono team and did well at Prime as Roark with my rock team. If people want I can try helping with teams for east.

Warbane on
    edited October 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Devine: If you're expecting Gym leaders to bail you out, you might want to watch out - one of the leaders at Prime was directly funded by Giovanni, and another one was seen walking around with Giovanni and Ariana often!

They're already started infiltrating our structure. Nothing left to do but to just resign ourselves to taking a big fat check from Team Rocket. :P

That's right, resign yourselves to unrelenting capitalism. No Japanese style poke-Communism for us!

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited October 2010
    Heleor wrote: »

That's right, resign yourselves to unrelenting capitalism. No Japanese style poke-Communism for us!

Horrendous coco bean capitalists. The fascists shall have their revenge!

RainbowTunnel on
  • GamesharkGameshark Watch how I soar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    *Grumble grumble*

Kids, these days... Back in my day we did our talking with battling.

Gameshark on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Gameshark wrote: »
    *Grumble grumble*

Kids, these days... Back in my day we did our talking with battling.

^^

talk with your team

zerzhul on
    edited October 2010
    I'll form a super secret 1337 alliance. :O

I was just messing around. :P

iDEViNE on
  • metalslugx12metalslugx12 Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    Yeah ill totally be a leader, if there are any open slots left

metalslugx12 on
  • JunktapJunktap Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    Throw my hat in the ring for the final gym leader slot, I've got a few monotype teams already built but also got a kick ass mixed team ready to go. I'll defintly be attended PAX east this year.

Junktap on
    edited October 2010
    I motion we have a fight to the death for the final leader spot. All in favor?

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited October 2010
    You may want to make sure your spot is secure before proposing that. ;)

Heleor on
    edited October 2010
    If you'll take note, in our records, I have indicated that my pass is purchased. Travel arrangements are the only hurdle left.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited November 2010
    If I'm reading the roster correctly, there are no more Gym leader Spots open.

Thanks to all who applied.

iDEViNE on
    edited November 2010
    Leader sign-ups are in fact full, but if you're really set on becoming one, there will be a back-up list in case someone can't make it.

Heleor on
  • BigShoesPleaseBigShoesPlease Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aw I was really excited to see this, but then I got to the last page and find out leader roles are filled. This is something I would be incredibly interested in as I've been on a major Pokemon binge and lately its all I play. About the back-up list; If I asked to be on that would I need to sign up as a back up to a specific leader, as in train a team of the same theme as theirs? Or would I just be a replacement in the sense that a gym leader couldn't be there, so I'm the leader instead, with my own unique themed team?

BigShoesPlease on
    Elite 4 Member -PAX East Pokemon League 2011

Pokemon HG Friend Code - 4727 5395 3290
    edited November 2010
    Back-up leaders are just people who have all the requirements that we can tap if leaders are necessary - or drop out unexpectedly.

That said, being a challenger is amazing as well - you would actually get to go around and challenge all the leaders and collect badges. If you're a fan, you may enjoy that more!

Heleor on
    edited November 2010
    We are in fact out of leader spots, and the wait list is relatively long right now.

Feel free to chat here about being a challenger though - leaders get to walk around and take challenges, but challengers are the ones that actually have to do the work of tracking down various leaders!

Heleor on
  • WarbaneWarbane Registered User new member
    edited December 2010
    I am unable to attend Pax east, if any leaders would like to practice befor hand I would be happy to help you test your teams on wifi. I have 2 mono teams curently (Rock and Electric) and have 2 more mono teams (Bug and Water) about half way finished. Both finished teams have an impressive record of wins to loses and my rock team was even played against most of the pax prime league and a few of the chalengers. If you would like to practice send me a pm.

Warbane on
  • nateenernateener Registered User new member
    edited December 2010
    I'm super excited about this as well as the rest of PAX, but I have a few questions from the challenger side:
    1. Are there any outright banned moves/items/pokemon?
    2. What, if any, clauses apply? (sleep, evasion, item)
    3. Is there anyway to find gym leaders/ E4 members other than just wandering around the floor?
    4. Can we change our team between gym/E4 fights, or are we only allowed to use one team?
    5. Are rematches allowed/ If you lose to the E4 do you have to start over?
    6. When will we know the gym types?
    7. Are most people doing EV/IV training or is it more casual?
    8. Are pokesav or similar programs allowed, providing that they are used to create legal pokemon?

Forgive me if any of these have been answered, but I didn't see them in the thread.
    Have I mentioned this is awesome?

nateener on
    edited December 2010
    Yup! I'll be editing the thread with full champion-centric rules, but here's a brief overview.

Casual players don't be scared - you don't need to know all these overly specific rules!

1. The banned Pokemon are the same as the VGC rules. As are the restricted (You can only have one from that list.)
    2. Item and Species clauses apply.
    3. We have a twitter account that will broadcast leader locations and meet ups every once in a while - if the network isn't saturated. Leaders also tend to hang out in the handheld lounge if they're not doing anything.
    4. You can change your team, but the truly hardcore will only use one. You don't wanna be a wimp, do you? ;-)
    5. One rematch per day. Multiple rematches on Sunday, possibly.
    6. When I announce them. ;-)
    7. There are casual and professional leaders. When I was a leader at Prime, I held my own, but still got swept with one Pokemon a few times.
    8. I'd prefer you not do that. Obviously there's no way to tell, but I feel it's just being lazy. Especially if you give them max IVs. >.<

Heleor on
    edited December 2010
    We're planning to reboot the thread soon with all the information we have for you. :)

Please spread word of this group to anyone you might know who would be interested. The best way to grow this event is for word-of-mouth, and if you're excited about this, we need your help to advertise!

Heleor on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have seen proof there we will have shiny stuffs. And it won't just be the pokemon!

Rdr on
    edited December 2010
    Rdr wrote: »
    I have seen proof there we will have shiny stuffs. And it won't just be the pokemon!

Dude. Dude. Shiney Pidgeys are serious business.

But yah, there's gonna be some sweetness happening. Just you kids wait....

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Shiney pidgeys? that's child's play (not the charity).

But as a slight note to those who wanted to be gym leaders for east and were unable; we'll be doing this again at PAX PRIME once that rolls arround again. look for info when prime passes go on sale... so about 5-6 months from now.

thespiffyneostar on
    edited December 2010
    We have some incredibly awesome things in store for both the leaders and the challengers this year!

As a teaser to those who are following the thread, I just got these in the mail:

patch.JPG

Heleor on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Those patches have some serious sex appeal.

Rdr on
    edited December 2010
    That patch would go perfectly against my "gotta catch 'em all" charizard patch.

RainbowTunnel on
    edited December 2010
    The PAX Pokemon League forums are now open! Please join and invite all your friends. ;-)

http://forum.paxpokemonleague.com/index.php

Heleor on
  • LimondLimond Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I know this is for HG or SS but just an FYI, Pokemon Black/White is slated to release on March 6th if anyone would be interested in having battles with all the brand new pokemon I'll definitely be around waiting for a smackdown!

Limond on
    One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Limond wrote: »
    I know this is for HG or SS but just an FYI, Pokemon Black/White is slated to release on March 6th if anyone would be interested in having battles with all the brand new pokemon I'll definitely be around waiting for a smackdown!

Well, I'll be available for B/W trades at least. If you insist on a battle, I guess I'm willing to loose badly with my shiny new game.

Trion on