As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sea? C for Catwoman!

AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was RightGates of SteelRegistered User regular
edited December 2010 in Social Entropy++
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUGCQXLq9wk
So, I finally saw the 1966 Batman movie today. Fucking spectacular. For those not in the know, Batman and Robin discover a plot wherein the Penguin, Joker, Riddler, and Catwoman team up to steal an experimental dehydrator to take over the world. Hilarity ensues.

Seriously, this was fucking phenomenal. The writing was hilarious, the plot was stupendous, the acting was as good as possible, the score memorable, and it ends with a twist that will leave you stunned.

oh, and it gave us Bat-Shark Repellent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0UJaprpxrk&NR=1

So, engines to power, turbine to speed, and away we go! Let's talk about this awesome flick.

Antimatter on

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    May we also talk about Batman the Animated Series.

I have the first volume, it's really really good.

Just don't make cartoons like this anymore.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Catwoman is the worst.

Halle Berry Catwoman that is.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oh boy, a new batman animated movie in september

Batman: Year One

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    this is

without exaggeration

my favorite movie of all-time

Speed Racer on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "Ahh, Mister Joker... on land you may command, at sea it is me!
    WAAAUGH WAAUGH!"

KalTorak on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    there's a bit when all the bad guys are on the sub, shooting torpedos

catwoman is watching through the parascope and starts meowing and writhing around like a cat

and a henchman in the background suddenly stops what he's doing and slowly turns his head to stare at her, completely bewildered and confused

he's the only one

the only sane man in the entire world

Speed Racer on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still don't know why the Bat Shark Repellent worked on a robot shark.

Xaquin on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    also, I was really worried they weren't going to have the comic book style sound effects on screen

I was relieved at the climax

YES SPEED YES

Antimatter on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited December 2010
    Here are the riddles. See if you interpret them as I do:

What's yellow and writes?

A ball-point banana!

Exactly! And:

What do you call people in a hurry?

Rushing... people... Russians!

Right again! Now what do they mean?

Banana... Russians... someone Russian is gonna slip on a banana peel and break their neck!

Exactly Robin! The only possible interpretation.

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    Xaquin wrote: »

it wasn't a robot shark

it was a normal shark stuffed with explosives

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    what weighs six ounces, sits in a tree, and is very dangerous?
    A sparrow with a machine gun!

Antimatter on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

catwoman is watching through the parascope and starts meowing and writhing around like a cat

and a henchman in the background suddenly stops what he's doing and slowly turns his head to stare at her, completely bewildered and confused

he's the only one

I love that scene.

Also,

"They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're still... human beings."

KalTorak on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I love almost all incarnations of Batman
    Except for Schumacher Batman and The Batman cartoon

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited December 2010
    When Bruce takes Miss KITKA out on a date

he has a wine glass full of milk

because he is too wholesome to consume alcoholic beverages

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

he's the only one

I love that scene.

Also,

"They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're still... human beings."

Gosh yes, Batman.

Speed Racer on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

it wasn't a robot shark

oh

that makes more sense

sort of

ah hell, I love this movie!

Xaquin on
    edited December 2010
    I love that the rehydrated henchmen
    somehow turned into ANTIMATTER

made me chuckle

Antimatter on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    I love this movie and this thread.

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited December 2010

it wasn't a robot shark

oh

that makes more sense

sort of

I love how just a shark isn't enough

and just a bomb isn't a enough

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    Good thing we took that Anti-Penguin-Gas Pill!

KalTorak on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    That noble porpoise sacrificed his life to save us.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

he's the only one

Lost in a sea of madness...

Solar on
    edited December 2010

it wasn't a robot shark

oh

that makes more sense

sort of

I love how just a shark isn't enough

and just a bomb isn't a enough
    and then
    EXPLOSIVE OCTOPUS

also also also, my brother was worried about the dehydrated henchmen, and said "don't they have families?" Then, of course, the Penguin says "be careful with that dust, they all have mothers."

Antimatter on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    god yes this movie

TheySlashThem on
    edited December 2010
    That noble porpoise sacrificed his life to save us.

Oh god that scene

there is not a second of this movie that does not make me grin

Speed Racer on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Old-School Batman is the best Batman

Solar on
    edited December 2010
    Disposing of pre-atomic submarines to people who don't even leave their full addresses?

Good day, Admiral!

KalTorak on
    edited December 2010
    in the commentary on the DVD adam west mentions that they had wanted to redo the shark scene because the exploding shark was so fake

he convinced them that that made it funnier

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    in the commentary on the DVD adam west mentions that they had wanted to redo the shark scene because the exploding shark was so fake

he convinced them that that made it funnier

ahahahahahaha YESSSSS

Antimatter on
    edited December 2010
    I like how the sidecar of the batcycle can detach and is a little gokart so that robin can drive around to his side of the batcopter

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    (while running)
    Robin: Holy marathon! I'm getting a stitch, Batman!
    Batman: Let's hope that it's a stitch in time, Robin, that saves nine - The nine members of the United World Security Council!
    Robin: ...

KalTorak on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »

also also also, my brother was worried about the dehydrated henchmen, and said "don't they have families?" Then, of course, the Penguin says "be careful with that dust, they all have mothers."

This wonderful

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited December 2010
    guys you guys

this movie is on netflix instant

let's do a viewing party on xbox live

Speed Racer on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Isn't the plot of this movie kind of like the plot of Batman Begins?

Not the ridiculous super villain teamup, but more the whole plan to dehydrate everyone?

I haven't seen either movie in 2 years so all the movie plots blend together

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited December 2010
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Not the ridiculous super villain teamup, but more the whole plan to dehydrate everyone?

Well, in that both plots involve water in some way.

KalTorak on
    edited December 2010
    Bedigunz wrote: »

both of them have a dehydration machine

but liam nesson just wanted to use it to blow up the sewers or something

the united underworld was using it to dehydrate world leaders and hold them for ransom I think?

or maybe just kidnap them for the sake of kidnapping them I'm really not sure

I like to believe that the machine in BB is a reference to the one in B:TM though

Speed Racer on
    edited December 2010
    The machine in BB was a magical microwave emitter that would vaporize Gotham's pressurized water supply, driving Scarecrow's hallucinogen (which had been dumped into the water) into the air to be inhaled by the whole city.

The machine in B:TM was a handheld human-dehydrator which reduced a human being to a small pile of powder which could be reconstituted. The villains used it to take the Security Council members hostage for $1 billion from each country.

KalTorak on
    edited December 2010
    to be fair it wasn't just a human dehydrator it was an everything dehydrator

If I remember right Commodore Schmiddlap was going to use it to revolutionize the distillery industry?

Speed Racer on