What is This?
'Twas the night before Christmas, as they looked all around,
no one vanilla was stirring, and they made not a sound.
They crept around chairs and moved in for the kill
and once dealt with, the victim, lay deathly still
But as the time came to make their escape
It was their poor fortune that the vig did awake.
He rose and he ran and he jumped and he dodged,
he threw his knife straight and it firmly lodged
into the back of a mafia who was just a little to slow
to escape with the others back out into the snow.
As the day rose, their hearts began to mend
and they all said their prayers for this madness to end.
This is a MiniPhalla for 20 people. See here
for information on what a Phalla is.The CatchRather than me assigning roles, each person will make his own role and send it to me in a PM
I will then collect all the roles and 'balance
'. The 'balance
' basically means imposing some negative aspect to each role.
The more creative you are with the role theme, power or win condition etc, the more generous i'm going to be when it comes to balancing.
The one caveat that exists is that since this is a Christmas themed game, Your role must be at least loosely christmas (or holiday/whatever the politically correct term is) themed.Haven't i seen this before?
Yes there was a similar game
run before, however this time there is no restriction on powers or win conditions that can be chosen.
Additionally, i'm going to excercise more control on the roles and it may change signifficantly between your submission and what i assign you.Ok, so how do i play?
Once you PM me your role submission, i'll add you to the player list. Signing up
is entirely optional and does nothing.
The bare minimum you need to send me is a character name and a brief description.
Obviously the more you send (i.e powers, win conditions/alignment etc) the more your character is in your control rather than mine.
A example list of roles you could use for inspiration is available here
VOTE CLOSE will be at 12:00AM EST(American) The game may undertake an intermission depending on what happens with the Christmas forum.
- No anonymous contact. PMs, proboards, IRC or IMs etc are all allowed as long as both players talking know who the other is in game. Additionally, i ask that you send me links to any proboards you create.
- No screenshoting or direct quoting of your role PM or any other information I send you. You are allowed to paraphrase it however, unless i state otherwise.
- Dead players may not converse with living players and vice versa. When you die, whatever you know dies with you. Ghost posts are tolerated but frowned upon and they must not contain anything game related.
- Voting is done in bold red. Retracting can be done in bold lime but is not required, just revote.
- Posts containing a vote can only be edited within 5 minutes of the post being made (and obviously not after vote close). You are not allowed to delete posts.
- Clarifications should be asked in bold orange.
- You must make ONE vote each day. There is no minimum post number, but if I feel you are not contributing to the game enough I will send you a warning (not the same as an inactivity notice). If you fail to meet these requirements you will have 12 hours to respond to my inactivity notice PM or I will contact a reserve to replace you.
Irregardless, i don't expect anyone to post on Christmas Day, but other days will hopefully operate as normal.