As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam | CHRISTMAS SALE! - Wait for Daily Deals on Games You Want

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, I suppose it is off to bed for me. I expect this thread to be at 100 pages by the time I get up tomorrow.

RandomHajile on
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    adytum wrote: »
    I bought this game called Caster because it was $1 and it looked fun.

Turns out it's awful. But it was $1. So I don't feel too bad about it.

But you feel some badness? Say, a dollar's worth of bad?

It's okay, buddy. Buyer's regret happens to all of us.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lepwave wrote: »
    Joining in on this gifting stuff.

I'll be giving away One indie pack of your choice (excludes heavy hitters).

PM me with your choice and steam profile.

Eligibility: Must have register for over three months with at least 100 posts.

I will be choosing a winner in one hour, so send in those PMs!

Hour is up, lucky winner was:

Lawndart! Depending on how the sales go, I might do another round of this.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I already bought Deus Ex. Heck, my backlog is already big, and it will only grow.

Fencingsax on
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kami wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I don't do secret santas, because frankly this is easier, and I don't need to know if I'll have money in advance.

Yeah, that's a good point, money is tight all year round, much less during Christmas! What if my secret santee only likes the finest of wines and cheese? I'd be ruined!

Speaking of, I still got one gift copy of Deus Ex Pack up for grabs! Add me up homies!

I'd add you, but I already have it.

Ahh, screw it.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Joining in on this gifting stuff.

I'll be giving away One indie pack of your choice (excludes heavy hitters).

PM me with your choice and steam profile.

Eligibility: Must have register for over three months with at least 100 posts.

I will be choosing a winner in one hour, so send in those PMs!

Hour is up, lucky winner was:

Lawndart! Depending on how the sales go, I might do another round of this.

Lepwave, you are a gentlescholar and a man.

Er, a scholar and a gentleman.

Thanks a bunch for the indie pack, I will certainly try and pay it forward if at all possible.

Lawndart on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, I suppose it is off to bed for me. I expect this thread to be at 100 pages by the time I get up tomorrow.

It will be locked, and the new Steam thread will hit 100 and also be locked by then.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If the stealth in Deus Ex proper is like the tutorial stealth part, I am going to suck at it and should not try.

It isn't.

Stealth in the tutorial is a pain for everyone. Stealth in the main game usually ends in a prod to the back and a sense of satisfaction.

Or hilarious failure.

Or, if you're a bit of a bastard, a bullet in the brain. Love the silenced sniper rifle.

chiasaur11 on
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't do secret santas, because frankly this is easier, and I don't need to know if I'll have money in advance.

Yeah, that's a good point, money is tight all year round, much less during Christmas! What if my secret santee only likes the finest of wines and cheese? I'd be ruined!

Speaking of, I still got one gift copy of Deus Ex Pack up for grabs! Add me up homies!

Err..you're already my friend, but if you're really wanting to dispose of that Deus Ex Collection....
    I have never played it.
    Be gentle

Dourin on
  • KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cliffordius, you are the winnar! Enjoy Deus Ex, man! :^:

Kami on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've been playing Metro 2033 and I keep dying on this one part, I'm in the Dead City level split up from Bourbon and trying to make my way to the hotel. I get to this one part where there's at least 6+ of whatever those animal things are. I've tried hiding and letting them come to me but they always manage to break my gas mask which kills me, or I've tried running out into the street and running/gunning but they manage to swarm me there. Any tips?

I'm playing on Ranger Easy, was going to do hardcore but didn't feel like getting frustrated. And it's still quite difficult.

Love the game though, it is quite atmospheric and scary too, like the part above when I'm just struggling to survive. Though now I'm stuck.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just added you Kami, but I've played the original and I have a backlog before I can revisit it. Gogo Dourcliffordius!

fadingathedges on
    edited December 2010
    Dourin wrote: »

Err..you're already my friend, but if you're really wanting to dispose of that Deus Ex Collection....
    I have never played it.
    Be gentle

We are bros for life! Check your gifts!

Okay sadly I'm all out of gifting monies for the time being. :(

It was fun being Oprah for an hour through 8-)

Kami on
    edited December 2010
    Kami, you gifted Deus Ex so hard, it caused my mouse to stop working! Thanks a ton, man!

Now, to suffer through a full day of work tomorrow before I can find out what everyone's talking about with this game.

Dourin on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

It will be locked, and the new Steam thread will hit 100 and also be locked by then.

If it's anything like the black friday thread then yeah :)

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    edited December 2010
    Kami, you gifted Deus Ex so hard, it caused my mouse to stop working! Thanks a ton, man!

Now, to suffer through a full day of work tomorrow before I can find out what everyone's talking about with this game.

All I ask in return is some Starcraft 2 coaching, because I'm terribad bronze leaguer D:

Kami on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey, could someone in the US of A do me a huge favour and gift my brother BF: Bad Company 2? It's like twice the price here so figure it's worth a try. I'll gift whoever does it something of comparable price (little more, little less, I don't mind, just PM the name of it to me).

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I used the prod once, and then hit someone with the baton, and then they shot me in the face. The prod doesn't seem to work like it's supposed to.

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2010

All I ask in return is some Starcraft 2 coaching, because I'm terribad bronze leaguer D:

Well, I'll have to brush up on my game, haven't played it much since my son was born in August, but I'd be glad to hop into Mumble sometime and do some sparring. Just let me know when you're available, and we can try to get something set up.

Dourin on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BTW, Hitman: Blood Money is currently on sale for $5.

If the price ever goes any lower as a daily special, I am gifting it to so many of you.

Even if it doesn't, I fully plan to hand out a few copies on the last day of the sale. God I love that game.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The baton will KO someone with a shot to the head from behind or while they are zapped, iirc. Learning to hit well with it will save you a lot of prod charges.

fadingathedges on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We need more Sniper Elite love!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT-531d7RZo

Anyone like this sort of thing?

Big Classy on
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I used the prod once, and then hit someone with the baton, and then they shot me in the face. The prod doesn't seem to work like it's supposed to.

Prod to the back of the heel on an unsuspecting guard is the key. One zap and down they go.

IdolNinja on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »

Is this a multi or single player game? I imagine multi being camptastic with so many snipers laying around.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    He spent a lot of time twitching, so I figured it would wear off.

Fencingsax on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    @TNTTrooper:

A bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a pig

Ingredients:
    -5 fat turkeys
    -bread
    -a pack of bacon
    -9 more packs of bacon
    -a pig
    -shittons of butter

Cooking instructions:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

glorious

Alegis on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm downloading the Fright Pack right now.

I guess I have to play The Path now and see what everyone was all up about over the game.

Drake on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    IdolNinja wrote: »

Prod to the back of the heel on an unsuspecting guard is the key. One zap and down they go.

Of course, the same trick works with a baton given decent low tech, with proper aim. Just a little thinner a margin of error, and missing doesn't give you a free guaranteed followup.

chiasaur11 on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Drake don't subject yourself to such punishment

jesus already died for our sins, you don't have to

Alegis on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

If the price ever goes any lower as a daily special, I am gifting it to so many of you.

Even if it doesn't, I fully plan to hand out a few copies on the last day of the sale. God I love that game.

Oh man, I've been meaning to get that for ages due to the Deus Ex amount of love it gets on this forum. Gonna throw that in the wishlist and see what happens by the 2nd of January :) Hopefully it'll work on my decent netbook

Ehhh looking at the requirements, maybe not. At least it deserves a place in my backlog

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    ...I feel way too full just watching that.

Also, you are supposed to cook stuffing separately.

Fencingsax on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, Evil Genius is even cheaper than when I bought it a few days ago.

If you don't have it, what are you waiting for?!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    edited December 2010

There is a magic spot around the lower back too. Sneak up and a good Prodding/Batoning in the correct spot and you are golden.

Drake on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Drake wrote: »

There is a magic spot around the lower back too. Sneak up and a good Prodding/Batoning in the correct spot and you are golden.

How does a baton to the back of the knee fare?

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I might pick up the Indie Kids Pack. I don't really know much about those games, but I have been interested in Crayon Physics for a long time.

anoffday on
    edited December 2010
    Alegis wrote: »

That bad, huh?

This just increases my compulsion further.

Something is clearly wrong with me.

Drake on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »

Is this a multi or single player game? I imagine multi being camptastic with so many snipers laying around.

It does have multi but I've never tried that. Sniping is pretty tricky in the game, you gotta account for the speed of the bullet and the wind velocity as well as the actual distance. Then there's the noise factor. Because you're alone, you gotta take the enemy out one by one. Or avoid them all together until yo've reached a safe spot to take out your target.

Its also got grenades and regular rifles/pistols. Knives too if memory serves me rightly. So camping is extremely difficult to do in multi.

Big Classy on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

That bad, huh?

Go ahead dude. Put your penis into that meatgrinder. Just don't say we didn't warn ya.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited December 2010

That bad, huh?

You're talking about the path, right?

Is this the game with the old lady at the cemetery or am I thinking of something else?

anoffday on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Ooh, the Hitman Collection is $9.99, I might grab that at one point. Contracts is missing though, is that another silly regional thing?

Oh and reposting:
    Hey, could someone in the US of A do me a huge favour and gift my brother BF: Bad Company 2? It's like twice the price here so figure it's worth a try. I'll gift whoever does it something of comparable price (little more, little less, I don't mind, just PM the name of it to me).

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid