As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wha wha whaaa, no Vindictus thread?

• 3seed3seed Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rius wrote: »
    So my Fiona is level 15 on East; I've wrapped up most of the quests and battles on the first dock. I've also spent about 25k Nx on this character (two permanent storage bags and the rookie mercenary pack) but I didn't pay anything for any of that NX anyway, so who cares. With the 20% sale going on I can pick that stuff back up on a West character pretty easily.

How many PAers are playing routinely on West? I'd like to play this game with people and I can't get any of my friends to bite.

For that matter, is there an East guild at all?

Bumpin'.

I'm on West with a newly-24 Fiona. I'm usually on for about an hour in the evenings. (The toon's name is Tarifa.)

3seed on
  • Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So my Fiona is level 15 on East; I've wrapped up most of the quests and battles on the first dock. I've also spent about 25k Nx on this character (two permanent storage bags and the rookie mercenary pack) but I didn't pay anything for any of that NX anyway, so who cares. With the 20% sale going on I can pick that stuff back up on a West character pretty easily.

How many PAers are playing routinely on West? I'd like to play this game with people and I can't get any of my friends to bite.

For that matter, is there an East guild at all?

Bumpin'.

There are currently 40+ people in the guild on West (Vindicwolves). Whenever I'm online there's usually a couple more players online.

Also, the new content patch is out today! Yay!

Ain Soph on
    :whistle:
  • flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Whoever mentioned werewolves were annoying was understating the fact; if there's any lag at all, it doesn't seem like there's any way to hit them reliably.

So instead, I just spammed magic fire mines, baited them in, and watched fireworks go off. Does a pretty respectable amount of damage, but more importantly lets everyone else actually hit the bastards.

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • WildGadgetWildGadget Registered User new member
    edited December 2010
    I just started playing this game a few days ago and I'm loving it. I spend a good deal of my time just organizing my inventory though. Jesus there's a lot of stuff. If I stick with it I'm going to buy a storage chest.

Anyway I'm an Evie character, level 14 currently. My ton's name is Iviya if anyone ever wants to hook up. I'd like to try out the voice chat too if I can ever figure out how to use it. Would make fights in this game a hell of a lot easier.

WildGadget on
  • 3seed3seed Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WildGadget wrote: »
    I just started playing this game a few days ago and I'm loving it. I spend a good deal of my time just organizing my inventory though. Jesus there's a lot of stuff. If I stick with it I'm going to buy a storage chest.

Anyway I'm an Evie character, level 14 currently. My ton's name is Iviya if anyone ever wants to hook up. I'd like to try out the voice chat too if I can ever figure out how to use it. Would make fights in this game a hell of a lot easier.

Maybe it's just my experience, but I've yet to find a group that's used voice chat.

3seed on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I would say if we wanted to run a party through voice chat, i'd opt for hopping on the PA vent server before steam VC, as its quality is dubious at best.

Did some research and it looks like I'll need 8 gold ores for this tier's equipment crafting, managed to get 3 last night mining, so 5 more for a weapon and then it's all profit while I work my way up to the 40s. Seems like difficulty is finally starting to pick up in the 4th area, looking forward to fighting giant spiders.

flammiebc on
  • WildGadgetWildGadget Registered User new member
    edited December 2010
    flammiebc wrote: »
    Yeah, I would say if we wanted to run a party through voice chat, i'd opt for hopping on the PA vent server before steam VC, as its quality is dubious at best.

From what I can tell this is true. I saw the icon of a speaker above someone's head about five times but heard nothing. I assume he was trying to voice chat.

Either way, if anyone would like to hook up on the PA vent to play I'd love that. I'd seriously love to have to not type what I'm thinking. God knows things like the Chieftan Gnoll don't give you time to do so.

WildGadget on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And I thought it was just me.

First time I did that quest I tried to solo it.

On hard.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    that level is like the first real level that wlll fucking obliterate you

PiptheFair on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    After that, Frost Stones is kind of a bitch especially if you want to solo it.

Prepare for Counterattack can potentially be troublesome if you don't have good damage and the Tyrant goes without saying.

After that, dock 3 is mostly kinda tame as Fiona, so the next real "what the fuck" mission is the Werewolves one.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

Prepare for Counterattack can potentially be troublesome if you don't have good damage and the Tyrant goes without saying.

After that, dock 3 is mostly kinda tame as Fiona, so the next real "what the fuck" mission is the Werewolves one.

(The) Reaper

Hard

Season of Macha

Transporter on
    edited December 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

(The) Reaper

Hard

Season of Macha
    I have maxed Counterattack and good Shield Mastery, so Reaper's pretty easy actually!

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited December 2010
    That, and he doesn't track as much if you dodge to the right, for those of us without counterattack :)

Awesome being in a team with a good Fiona though, so many stuns. I thought werewolves were less of an issue for Fiona since they don't have any smashes, and thus technically every move can be countered?

flammiebc on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    shield will break without a campfire, so you want two people with it; one for the mid bosses and one for the boss

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited December 2010
    That, and he doesn't track as much if you dodge to the right, for those of us without counterattack :)

Awesome being in a team with a good Fiona though, so many stuns. I thought werewolves were less of an issue for Fiona since they don't have any smashes, and thus technically every move can be countered?
    The big guy's shit is mainly smashes. His non-smash comes out very quick and is hard as shit to block.

Also, because there are 3 of them, they love to jump halfway across the room and hit you in the back as you are trying to work down one of their buddies.

I just drop bombs at my feet 'cause fuck their bullshit

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Ah, forgot the big one had different attacks; been a while since I've stepped into that mission.

The 35-40 grind is gonna take a while, I think; low on quests again, and those I do have require rare materials (or high demand, or both: white webs are like 40-60k)

flammiebc on
    edited December 2010
    the 25-30 grind is fucking miserable

PiptheFair on
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey, is there any ETA on when the dude that uses a column and grapples to attack will hit stateside yet?

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Not for a good long time. But not an exact date far as I know.

Xeddicus on
    edited December 2010
    anybody know what the reward for the christmas quest is?

PiptheFair on
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So if I buy something in their cash shop, will I get access to it on all my characters for the allotted time, or just the one?

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Damn, thought I were in the lotro thread. Disregard this.

Tiphareth on
  • BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow, when did they add in enchanted items into the marketplace. Thats pretty bawler.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    From the moment I smashed a gnoll over the head with another gnoll, I was sold.

EDIT: Almost killed the Gnoll Chieftain with zero damage taken, but I screwed up a rock throw, got caught in a corner, and was repeatedly kicked in the dome until my skull caved in.

Liquid Ghost on
    edited December 2010
    From the moment I smashed a gnoll over the head with another gnoll, I was sold.

EDIT: Almost killed the Gnoll Chieftain with zero damage taken, but I screwed up a rock throw, got caught in a corner, and was repeatedly kicked in the dome until my skull caved in.

The grappling really is the best. I cannot wait for Kalok.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
  • BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I tried this game a couple days ago and I'm hooked

Suplexing enemies will never get old.

Is there a PA guild or something? I haven't had any trouble finding groups, but it would be nice to have a regular one.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
    edited January 2011
    What is the deal with the economy in this game? So many items I can buy off the ah for less than vendor price. So many more just barely hovering around 50g more. It's ridiculous.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Arkady wrote: »
    What is the deal with the economy in this game? So many items I can buy off the ah for less than vendor price. So many more just barely hovering around 50g more. It's ridiculous.

I have no idea, but it sure is convenient.

I've finished so many quests by visiting the auction house. I guess people just don't realize that they can get more money from the shop?

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • noweatnoweat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Is there a PA guild or something? I haven't had any trouble finding groups, but it would be nice to have a regular one.

Did you ever find the pa guild, vindicwolves? I'm in it now, but I must play really late at night(pst) as I've hardly seen anyone on.

noweat on
    steam_sig.png
  • BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've run into a problem with this game. It seems like there are only a few days, which are usually the days of re-tokens, that people actually are on to play. I've hit a point where I can't find anyone making boats for needed quests, or no one joins mine. Which leaves me closing Vindi and playing something else. Anyone else have this problem?

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    New end game content arriving on the 19th. Hopefully there will be more action then.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyone know when this is coming out in Euroland?

Shanadeus on
    edited January 2011
    I've run into a problem with this game. It seems like there are only a few days, which are usually the days of re-tokens, that people actually are on to play. I've hit a point where I can't find anyone making boats for needed quests, or no one joins mine. Which leaves me closing Vindi and playing something else. Anyone else have this problem?

I haven't had that at all, but then I'm only level 28.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • MistressZeldaMistressZelda Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I play a level 36 healy evie on the West server named Finntrolle. A bunch of people at my office all play together on our lunch breaks :) I enjoy the game a lot for what it is. Good timewaster, and it's nice to have a different playstyle in an MMO.

I played a really shitty 2d Nexon MMO called Dark Ages for like 2 years...Man, 8 years ago? They've gotten way better with their games

MistressZelda on
    edited February 2011
    Trailer for the next content update.

Hero mode! And what's that at the end? o_O

Page- on
    stream
    edited April 2011
    Guess I'll revive this thread as the new content update came out yesterday, along with a free token month apparently...logged in to see how the spellcasting evie revamp worked out, and it's pretty fun overall.

Healing build basically no longer exists; the new heal spell drops a heal blob with 5 charges, but has a 3 min cooldown with the healing effect per person limited to once every 2 minutes. Looks like Nexon wants people to start chugging more heal pots. :P

flammiebc on
    edited April 2011
    Guess I'll revive this thread as the new content update came out yesterday, along with a free token month apparently...logged in to see how the spellcasting evie revamp worked out, and it's pretty fun overall.

Healing build basically no longer exists; the new heal spell drops a heal blob with 5 charges, but has a 3 min cooldown with the healing effect per person limited to once every 2 minutes. Looks like Nexon wants people to start chugging more heal pots. :P

holy shit that is retarded

did they give people a free respec at least?

PiptheFair on
    edited April 2011
    Yup, all caster skills were reset and (in my case) I was given a 3590 AP capsule to spend however I wanted. New damage spells are nice; one freezes enemies (bosses too) and does a ton of damage, 2 shot some of the early bosses with it.

flammiebc on
    edited April 2011
    Fuck this game sometimes.

Brynn: I MADE SOME TEA BUT FUCK YOU TIEVE DRINKS FIRST AND THEN YOU CAN HAVE THE LEFTOVERS GO GET TIEVE!

Tieve: I'm fucking asleep!

Brynn: Tieve's fucking asleep! Go to Jarlath. He's some prick in Rocheste an entirely unnecessary zoneline away!

Jarlath: Wtf is this shit, don't come into my shop talking about Reilly, go get me a plant.

Go to ruins of sanctity get fucking blue plant.

Jarlath: Great fuck that Reilly guy. Give this to Tieve and make sure she knows I made it and not REILLY >:V

Tieve: I'm awake! OO a potion, rad. Brynn has a thimble left of some of his jizz-in-your-pants tea go get it.

Brynn: I HAVE THIS TEA! OH BUT YOU NEED GOOD COMPANY FOR TEA GO TALK TO TIEVE, TRAVEL TO ROCHESTE FOR NO FUCKING REASON!

Tieve: That's a smashing idea! Let's go to Rocheste!

Grandpa: MY BONES ACHE THAT MEANS A STORM'S ABREWIN'!

Tieve: Shit, well gtfo, come back tomorrow! *game boots you outside inn, with a god damn exclamation mark over the inn*

Tieve: Weathers nice today! Let's go to rocheste! I'll meet you there and maybe you can finally drink that tea!

Go to Rocheste, enter travellers shop, talk to Aethyren: GTFO NAO!

God fucking dammit, back to Colhen I go.

Grandpa: TIEVE'S ASLEEP! PLEASE GO TALK TO JARLATH IN ROCHESTE AGAIN!

Jarlath: Can't do shit, talk to the silent brotherhood aka those assholes back in Colhen.

Nyle: You are never getting this tea.

Fuck. This. Game.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is STILL not out in Europe????

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg