As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat boners

OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripateticRegistered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Oh, hi, H/A... maybe you think this thread is a euphemism for something? Nope, it's about my cat's boner. Read on!

I adopted a very sweet boy cat 3ish years old in July. His name is Torrin. I don't know anything about Torrin's former life, because his owner died and I didn't ask how. He was very shy, underweight and quiet. I fixed all of those things via love over the past few months and we're the best of friends. He's neutered, btw.

Two or three months ago he started kneading things, he really loves kneading the top of my recliner. Cool, good, that means he's happy and contented. But in the past few weeks he's changed how he does it... now he gets this really wide stance, arches his back as much as possible and kind of looks around guiltily (he has that kind of face). He does this everywhere. On me when I'm sleeping, on my roommate's bed, everywhere he can at least once a day. So finally one day I picked him up when he was doing it on my roommates bed and flip him over to cuddle him. WHOA THERE BIG BONER! I checked a few other times and yep, he's always got a boner while doing this.

Nothing I've ever read has listed 'arousal' as a reason to do this or side effect, just that they're acting like kittens kneading their mom for milk. I mostly don't want him to ejaculate on stuff. I know animals masturbate, seriously, they do... so, uh, anyone experienced this? Googling stuff has not helped.

Obligatory pic:
39183_871108719129_14802240_48068528_6210040_n.jpg

OnTheLastCastle on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Did you fix him or was he already fixed?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    He has been neutered since he was the appropriate age. A few months in. I saw the vet records.

He didn't knead things for a few months. Then he did, and now he does it like I described. I don't think he'll make a mess but... just want to gather some intel. I don't begrudge him his nice feeling.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Probably a vet thing. He may have like a piece of litter stuck that's causing agitation/arousal. But it is not uncommon for male cats to have them and he probably just doesn't know what to do when he gets them.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    yeah same problem with our guy. when he is happy he kneeds alot and gets a boner. shrug its an animal hes not sexually harassing me and i dont care so win win ;p

NargorothRiP on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My old cat used to do the same thing. He went through a phase and then stopped. Might be able to call your vet and ask over the phone.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You don't have to worry about him leaving any evidence if he's neutered.

badpoet on
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Maybe you can redirect him onto a stuffed toy or something so he at least isn't trying to hump you in your sleep. It's nothing personal towards you, he just loves his sexless sex.

My cats, both male and neutered, periodically try to sex each other up, then just end up looking really confused.

LadyM on
  • Options
    NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My fixed male cat would do this as well. He thought my legs/arms under the covers were his personal hump toys. He eventually stopped doing it even without prodding from us.

Noquar on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    badpoet wrote: »

some animals (including humans) can still generate seminal fluid even without testicles. it doesn't have any swimmers, but it's still something you wouldn't want on your furniture.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

some animals (including humans) can still generate seminal fluid even without testicles. it doesn't have any swimmers, but it's still something you wouldn't want on your furniture.

Yes, this is my primary concern. If other people have cats who've done the same behavior but never left a mess, then I'm not worried about it at all.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    Kuroi OokamiKuroi Ookami Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My male cat is about 15yrs old or so. He was neutered at the youngest age allowed. At some point he started... doing stuff to certain blankets, which freaked me out. I posted on a Vet forum and was told he was fine, and if I have guests staying the night I might want to have out blankets my cat isn't that fond with :P

Sometimes he also tries to get it on with the female spayed cat, who does not find this amusing or playful, and a fight will result.

I'm sure Torrin is fine. Also, he's a cute little guy ^^

Kuroi Ookami on
    3DS (Topaz) 3351-4061-2929
    Wii U Topazfalcon (yes I play MH3U, preferably with a headset/mic usage)
    Let me know if you add me on either.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My cat does the same sometimes on this blanket he likes, I don't think he's ever left a mess.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It could be worse - I've got a 9 1/2 month old neutered German Shepherd that is occasionally "quite fond" of this one couch cushion. We don't sit on that side of the couch any more.

MushroomStick on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

Yes, this is my primary concern. If other people have cats who've done the same behavior but never left a mess, then I'm not worried about it at all.

Our cat goes through phases a few times a year where he does this. Never left anything behind, though.

But man, is it disconcerting to wake up and see him on my wife's leg, staring at her intently like "don't wake up don't wake up don't wake up don't wake up..."

mcdermott on
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    my old roomate's neutered dog licked itself off. to completion.

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lucky bastard.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    flamenskallflamenskall Registered User new member
    My cat Mufasa got an erection from me rubing his belly