As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Swan [chat]

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    The only webcomic I've followed with any gusto apart from Penny Arcade is 8-bit theater, and that was when I was like 13

Oh 8 bit theater when you have one shitty joke and stretch it out for like 8 years.

Could be worse. Could MegaTokyo where you have on shitty joke, stretch it out for 8 years and replace the shitty joke with really fucking lame romance bullshit.

Oh megatokyo "I wannabe japanese so badly, yet I'm fat and live in wisconsin with my hideous spouse who I'll draw sexy despite that not being representative of anything in this reality."

Is anyone going to draw their spouse as anything other then sexy? I mean that just seems like a poor way to commit suicide.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What happened to Pyro-kun? Did the evil angel-sama make his draw-fu hand taste like Pocky so he ate it?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    8-bit theater died for me the day I hit social puberty (when it became cool to talk to girls)

I remember reading that when I was younger

then I read it not too long ago and it was on like page a billion and I was immediately digusted

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Garfield minus Garfield is the only funny comic

Ludious on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    You're colleging like a boss, Nocturne

Haha, thanks.

Also thanks to everyone else for the congrats. It does feel kinda nice though. Keeps me busy in a good way, and offers a type of positive reinforcement for hard work that you don't get in the workplace.

And, you know, learning shit is pretty cool.

And with working full time as well I'm not worried about ending up with crippling debt.

Makes things so much easier.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    does anyone here have strong opinions on fallout 3 mods?

The nose rings are really tacky and the spacers just make you look like you hang out at the wrong clubs in frisco.

i wanted strong opinions, preacher "milquetoast" wafflesalot

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    The only webcomic I've followed with any gusto apart from Penny Arcade is 8-bit theater, and that was when I was like 13

Oh 8 bit theater when you have one shitty joke and stretch it out for like 8 years.

Could be worse. Could MegaTokyo where you have on shitty joke, stretch it out for 8 years and replace the shitty joke with really fucking lame romance bullshit.

On a plus note he doesn't have time to actually write comics anymore. Tis for a sad reason though.

What's the sad reason?

And I thought Seraphim was nice looking in real life. And I still like 8-bit theater (not Megatokyo so much)

Mim on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mim wrote: »

On a plus note he doesn't have time to actually write comics anymore. Tis for a sad reason though.

What's the sad reason?

And I thought Seraphim was nice looking in real life. And I still like 8-bit theater (not Megatokyo so much)

Sara has leukemia.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Who is the president on a dime?

President Dime, of course

Passerbye on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I always have to get one that changes the font so you can see more than 2-3 conversation options at a time. God that shit annoys me.

Aside from that I would say it depends on whether or not it's your first playthrough. With Bethesda games you can add pretty much any mod that isn't a complete overhall at any point in the game, so my suggestion is to play it and see if there are things that really annoy you and then find mods to fix them.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Is anyone going to draw their spouse as anything other then sexy? I mean that just seems like a poor way to commit suicide.

True Mike and Jerry also don't have their wives represented properly, but for some reason the way he drew his was just really like "Man I wish this is what she looked like." And even then she was just like a sprite or something his retarded "Man every girl in japan wants to sleep with my incredibly oblvious retarded character."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

The nose rings are really tacky and the spacers just make you look like you hang out at the wrong clubs in frisco.

i wanted strong opinions, preacher "milquetoast" wafflesalot

Tarranon I'm going to rape your brain until you cry to the police with a blood trail leaking out of your ear socket.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

What's the sad reason?

Sara has leukemia.

Holy shit D: I knew she already had health problems and then that got tacked on to it? D:

Mim on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

What's the sad reason?

Sara has leukemia.

Holy shit D: I knew she already had health problems and then that got tacked on to it? D:

lymphoma I mean. Its a rare cancer of some form. Its actually been the cause of her health problems all along.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Slow beef sounds like a younger lewis black when he's angry, its hilarious.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I always have to get one that changes the font so you can see more than 2-3 conversation options at a time. God that shit annoys me.

Aside from that I would say it depends on whether or not it's your first playthrough. With Bethesda games you can add pretty much any mod that isn't a complete overhall at any point in the game, so my suggestion is to play it and see if there are things that really annoy you and then find mods to fix them.

i think i just want the one that lets me actually snipe. i hear you can't really do that in vats

but i cannot find it off the nexus :(

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    emnmnme on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I made an egg separator for work today. It's a 20 inch long piece of PVC, cut in half lengthwise. It has an 8 inch long and 2 inch long slit cut into it lengthwise. You lay it across a bowl, with one end higher than the other (done with a notched piece of PVC attached to one end), crack an egg on the high end, it slides down the ramp, the white slides through the slot (and any that's missed slides through the shorter second slot) and the yolk carries on off the other end, into another catch bowl.

People are standing around this thing, cracking eggs over and over. They're fascinated by it. They keep running off to find other bakers to show it to, who then want to crack eggs into it.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

What's the sad reason?

Sara has leukemia.

lymphoma I mean. Its a rare cancer of some form. Its actually been the cause of her health problems all along.
    I think you're supposed to use spoiler tags when you give away a plot point.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It's a pity Supermega is yellow and black, though. I can't read much at a time, it hurts after a while.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I made an egg separator for work today. It's a 20 inch long piece of PVC, cut in half lengthwise. It has an 8 inch long and 2 inch long slit cut into it lengthwise. You lay it across a bowl, with one end higher than the other (done with a notched piece of PVC attached to one end), crack an egg on the high end, it slides down the ramp, the white slides through the slot (and any that's missed slides through the shorter second slot) and the yolk carries on off the other end, into another catch bowl.

People are standing around this thing, cracking eggs over and over. They're fascinated by it. They keep running off to find other bakers to show it to, who then want to crack eggs into it.

Baking MacGyver.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wmain is the worst absentee player

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

i think i just want the one that lets me actually snipe. i hear you can't really do that in vats

but i cannot find it off the nexus :(

You can snipe like a boss outside of VATS though

IIRC the regular non-sniper rifles fire like a laser, with the bullet hitting the same spot every time. You can sometimes abuse the fuck out of this.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

The saga of billy still entertains me.

Cinders on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey Matt I just realized I haven't shipped your game out yet D: I'm really sorry, life has been really crazy for me. I'll get it done this week. Sorry again!

Could you PM me the address again?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And I got all my stuff back on my WoW character. Also, whoever hacked it got me a level, since I'm now 81.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And I got all my stuff back on my WoW character. Also, whoever hacked it got me a level, since I'm now 81.

That might actually be an issue since didn't you say you don't actually have cata just the trial?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

What's the sad reason?

Sara has leukemia.

Wait, so she's had lymphoma all this time which caused her auto-immune disorder to happen and the birth of their son to be premature? I figured if she had it all this time she'd be dead. Not going to kill her is it? D:

And shit, man. Even though I don't read the comics anymore I think I'll buy something just to like, get him some money because its the only way he does get paid.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Cinders wrote: »

The saga of billy still entertains me.

They just sound like they are sad when he fails. Did you watch their re 5 mercenaries lps? Its hilarious.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    But look, Preacher. They even have a comic about you.
    16.gif

Passerbye on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

That might actually be an issue since didn't you say you don't actually have cata just the trial?

If I play, I'll buy Cata. I have the trial for Cata.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Wait, so she's had lymphoma all this time which caused her auto-immune disorder to happen and the birth of their son to be premature? I figured if she had it all this time she'd be dead. Not going to kill her is it? D:

And shit, man. Even though I don't read the comics anymore I think I'll buy something just to like, get him some money because its the only way he does get paid.

Possibly. Its hard to tell whether the lymphoma caused the auto-immune disorder, or if that caused the lymphoma. Both of them have good posts about it on the front page of the site.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eh, I can see the Seraphim character in Piro's wife.

Just like, 50 pounds more.

Kagera on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    To be fair, the Seraphim character is literally a pixie.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Well if you're 81 your account has been flagged as having cata though. In the trial you can't level past 80, you just gain access to the new zones, and can create worgen/goblins, who become locked at the end of the trial.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

Meh, heard about it before, seen it before.

But think about this, sometimes babies poop while they are giving birth!

So like some of that placenta could have poop on it!

Kagera on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

Baking MacGyver.
    I can't take complete credit for it. One of my boss' friends emailed a video of one he was using. My boss asked him how much it had cost. $90. I went, "that's half a piece of PVC with a slot cut in it." So he said make one. The second slot was my idea though, because the one in the video was missing most of the white that was in front of the yolk.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Well if you're 81 your account has been flagged as having cata though. In the trial you can't level past 80, you just gain access to the new zones, and can create worgen/goblins, who become locked at the end of the trial.

so the guy who hacked him ended up giving him a free cata serial?

funny

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

Meh, heard about it before, seen it before.

But think about this, sometimes babies poop while they are giving birth!

So like some of that placenta could have poop on it!

Oh now thats just disgusting, eating the placenta is fairly normal, but baby shit? God damn it kagera you ruined that for me.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.