As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Swan [chat]

1484950515254»

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why do you hate me, Preacher? You're so mean!

When did I? I'm really at a....

Have I been sleep posting again?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Agreed.

Not much else to say about it. I know in the case of my conception, my mom was believed to be infertile, and my dad didn't want another kid. He was all "abortion?" she was all "nah", and then a year after I was born, and they were divorced, never saw him again or received a cent. Guy figured if he wasn't in his child's life, he shouldn't have to pay.

And honestly, I have no objection to that whatsoever. When you don't provide for your child, or maintain a presence in their life, you're no longer a parent to them, and should no longer be subject to the costs and benefits attached to that title.

Yeah I think it should be legally viable for a couple to decide if one of them can be held accountable for a child they had together. As long of course as there is no undue influence behind the decision as in "bitch sign this paper or I splatter your brains."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

I swear this was going to be the one immediately after you posting that people always misunderstood the intentions of your posts because they think the posts were antagonistic.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh great, male abortion thread

I think I am on the 'wrong' side of this argument

The concept makes me :? like a motherfucker.

The idea is sound in concept, but would only be flawed in practice.

Also, the name is terrible, because it makes me think of a husband being legally allowed to mandate that his wife undergo a surgical procedure to end her pregnancy.

Dunno what name would be appropriate, but abortion is such a loaded word.

Parental Responsibility Termination.

Again, the use of "Termination" implies ending the pregnancy.

How about Parental Responsibility Abandonment? Then we can come up with fun slang like PRAhead.

But... PRTs could be called PRaTs...

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I swear this was going to be the one immediately after you posting that people always misunderstood the intentions of your posts thinking they were antagonistic.

Its the thought that counts, which in your case would put the thought at 0.

BOOOOOO YAH!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Agreed.

Not much else to say about it. I know in the case of my conception, my mom was believed to be infertile, and my dad didn't want another kid. He was all "abortion?" she was all "nah", and then a year after I was born, and they were divorced, never saw him again or received a cent. Guy figured if he wasn't in his child's life, he shouldn't have to pay.

And honestly, I have no objection to that whatsoever. When you don't provide for your child, or maintain a presence in their life, you're no longer a parent to them, and should no longer be subject to the costs and benefits attached to that title.

Yeah I think it should be legally viable for a couple to decide if one of them can be held accountable for a child they had together. As long of course as there is no undue influence behind the decision as in "bitch sign this paper or I splatter your brains."

that's duress, buddy

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And I can sorta see situations, like in the case of since becoming infertile, where forfeiting your parental responsibilities could be appropriate, but a regular legal mechanism for doing so should be subject to strict scrutiny, because I don't think an influx of single mothers with no support would be beneficial to the state budget.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I swear this was going to be the one immediately after you posting that people always misunderstood the intentions of your posts thinking they were antagonistic.

Its the thought that counts, which in your case would put the thought at 0.

BOOOOOO YAH!

I expected something more entertaining from you. I suppose you always do fall apart under pressure.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    But on a lighter note, woo, forty eight hours and two minutes until Christmas! :D

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And I can sorta see situations, like in the case of since becoming infertile, where forfeiting your parental responsibilities could be appropriate, but a regular legal mechanism for doing so should be subject to strict scrutiny, because I don't think an influx of single mothers with no support would be beneficial to the state budget.

"Women stop having kids you can not afford with men who do not want them/you have not discussed them with."

There is no accidental pregnancy, I mean when you put your dick in a vagina, pregnancy is the intended result!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    RMS, make the new chat.

Eddy, you are backup.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.