As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I wear a [Chat] now. [Chat]s are cool.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Look, you can mock the cats on Trek all you want. As long as you leave Isis and Gary Seven out of it.

Thomamelas on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still haven't beaten ME2. I got to the
    IFF mission

Got stuck, gave up, never came back to it.

But now I have all the DLC so I think I should give it another shot.
    I gave it 11 shots

Elendil on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    IFF mission

One of these days I'm going to do a playthrough with all the DLC. I finished the first playthrough before the new character or vehicle hit and I kinda want to finish my renegade ME1 so I can import it.

Bama on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I still need to get around to playing Overlord and Shadow Broker

Nocturne on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh Steam you are so good to me.

All I need is a super discount on Dragon Age and Thief and I'm pretty much out of games I care about that I do not own.

Incenjucar on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have to admit I'm kind of shocked the male abortion thread is still going. Also that the OP went with "male abortion" and not "waiving of paternal responsibility". Unless you're the governator I don't think an abortion is a procedure you can actually undergo :P

See, I figured they were talking about aborting all males from now on, which is a procedure I am all for.

I've decided that I am enough man for the rest of all women ever.

Winky on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    I have to admit I'm kind of shocked the male abortion thread is still going. Also that the OP went with "male abortion" and not "waiving of paternal responsibility". Unless you're the governator I don't think an abortion is a procedure you can actually undergo :P

See, I figured they were talking about aborting all males from now on, which is a procedure I am all for.

Didn't your last girlfriend turn gay?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

Yeah I need to play all of the new DLC, I did get a gamestop gift card for my works secret santa was thinking of turning that into xbox live points.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    today's deals are pretty great but i already have what i want out of em

it's a crying shame they wont let steam put the ME2 DLC on sale. And I've never noticed it on sale off bioware's website.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Look, you can mock the cats on Trek all you want. As long as you leave Isis and Gary Seven out of it.

It's not so much the cats. It's more that if an episode involves crew members turning into other species, it's almost guaranteed to be terrible.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    IFF mission

I gave it 11 shots
    are you up for TQ

Nerdgasmic on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huh. I know a 20 year old girl who still plays Neopets really intently.

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oh god I just realized the last 5 posts in the Slenderman thread are all mine.

Series Updates, but still! D:

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    edited December 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    it's a crying shame they wont let steam put the ME2 DLC on sale. And I've never noticed it on sale off bioware's website.

Honestly I think I'll just skip the DLC because of this. I would have bought the game a long time ago if not for the whole "oh LOL we had DLC all along" crap.

Incenjucar on
    edited December 2010

oh man, neopets

i made a killing at that stock exchange

it was...basically all i did there at the end. I think I would have been 11?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited December 2010
    Winky wrote: »

Didn't your last girlfriend turn gay?

Well...

I mean, we still wouldn't need any more men.

Winky on
    edited December 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Honestly I think I'll just skip the DLC because of this. I would have bought the game a long time ago if not for the whole "oh LOL we had DLC all along" crap.

but lair of the shadow broker is apparently so good :<

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited December 2010

oh man, neopets

i made a killing at that stock exchange

it was...basically all i did there at the end. I think I would have been 11?

Last time I went back I was maybe 12 or 13 and they had like Lucky Charms Fruit Grab! and other sponsored games and I was all what the fuck is this shit

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lanz wrote: »

I liked the original Marble Hornets but when it became, like, a hundred copycats and you had to follow all these twitter things and it was all over facebook and went all ARG-y, I tuned right out.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited December 2010
    You guys wouldn't happen to have a youtube video of this "Kirk chased by a cat scene" do you?

Cursory searching only gives me this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxkaoDTU9hI

Winky on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah steam sales this year have been meh since I own everything I want on them. I have only grabbed BC2 and titan's quest gold.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2010

Isn't the non-weapon DLC like $15?

Incenjucar on
    edited December 2010

what are you talking about

also, Mass Effect has really excellent DLC

Nerdgasmic on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lair of the Shadowbroker and Overlord are basically mini-campaigns I hear and are worth it. I don't really care for any of the other parts. I beat ME2 twice, once renegade and once paragon. First time with no one dieing so really I will only pick up dlc that is adding side stories and such for me.

And even then I haven't.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    what are you talking about

also, Mass Effect has really excellent DLC

I really despise planned pay-for DLC for full-priced games. Bioware has been replete with it. So I buy their games when their sequel comes out for dirt cheap instead of day 1.

Incenjucar on
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah I need to play all of the new DLC, I did get a gamestop gift card for my works secret santa was thinking of turning that into xbox live points.

You may wanna wait a day or two when you get the points. I'm not sure when, but apparently the end of the year deal on LIVE will include discounts for all three pieces of ME2 expansion DLC

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    The Shadow Broker DLC is the best piece of DLC I've ever played. It's brilliant. Overlord is also pretty good.

Bogart on
    edited December 2010
    Also the Geth Plasma Shotgun from the gun pack is so much fun with a Vanguard

Nocturne on
    edited December 2010

Isn't the non-weapon DLC like $15?

not at all

10 dollars for Lair of the Shadow Broker (Which is really, really good), and 7 dollars for Kasumi and Overlord, which are both also pretty good

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    Also the Geth Plasma Shotgun from the gun pack is so much fun with a Vanguard

"Hi mr spoilers."

"Hi preacher"

"THANKS FOR RUINING THE GAME FOREVER NOCTURNE OMG YOU ARE SATAN COMBINED WITH OBAMA!"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2010
    not at all

10 dollars for Lair of the Shadow Broker (Which is really, really good), and 7 dollars for Kasumi and Overlord, which are both also pretty good

So $17 instead of $15.

Incenjucar on
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    IFF mission

I gave it 11 shots
    are you up for TQ
    I'll tell you when I feel like doing TQ dang it

Elendil on
    edited December 2010
    Preach I know you're joking but that's not a spoiler

Like literally there is a DLC pack with 3 guns, and the Geth Plasma Shotgun is one of them

It doesn't get more straightforward than that :P

Nocturne on
    edited December 2010
    Lanz wrote: »

I liked the original Marble Hornets but when it became, like, a hundred copycats and you had to follow all these twitter things and it was all over facebook and went all ARG-y, I tuned right out.

Good News!

Marble Hornets new "season" is running now They're up to Entry 30.

I don't remember any of them going on Facebook though. EMH can be a handful when it comes to sources outside the main channel (two youtube channels, three twitters and whatever interactions you have with the cast over email, twitter, and YouTube PMs), but they took some strides to make it a bit easier (The Description box in that "HUB" video has a link to all the important stuff you can't find in the main channel) and the Wiki has a nice timeline to make things even easier, along wtih entries on just about everything

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm getting a haircut. got one less than a month ago but it's too long and my hair didn't adapt. it won't listen! so it's getting cut.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited December 2010
    not at all

So $17 instead of $15.

24 actually, if you're buying it all at once

I don't see why you're being so stingy about this. It's really, really good content and you're treating it like some kind of scam.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    Also the other day I had someone say "Thanks to your Obama..."

And I was like huh

How does that work

Nocturne on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    I think the ME2 DLC is being heavily discounted over the next two weeks, but just for a day.

Bogart on
    edited December 2010
    Preach I know you're joking but that's not a spoiler

Like literally there is a DLC pack with 3 guns, and the Geth Plasma Shotgun is one of them

It doesn't get more straightforward than that :P

Someone complained about spoilers once for what was on the back of the game box, I shit you not.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2010
    it's the da stuff that's kind of a scam

(I bought all of it anyway)

Elendil on
This discussion has been closed.