As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam | These Threads Are Coming Hard And Fast

1565758596062»

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    This could be the first Steam thread to have the same subject line from start to finish.

You realize what's going to happen now, of course.

It is going to remain the same?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Haikira wrote: »
    Bigisy is a classy dude!

Thanks a lot!

We all are!

I was gonna insert an image of some classy gents but GiS is coming up nasty D:

Outerwear.jpg

Just search for tophats, tophats are cruise control for classy.
    I'm that one bounder wearing a bowler or something.
    Although come to think of it I'm reasonably certain that my avatar had a top hat before I cropped it.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm that guy in the background dressed like a lady!

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Welp. I'm out for a few days. The thing I hate most is that I won't have internet to check the daily sales. So if something comes up, and you think I absolutely cannot have it, and it is less than $5, I'll pay you back!!!

I'll miss you, Steam Thread!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Penguin-Batman-Returns.gif

Is that it? Am I doing it right?

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    No monocles though? Not classy enough!

Edit: BigIsy has it right!

Stryker43 on
    camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ROSHIN!

Sorry, I called you Metalslave when I thanked you earlier in the thread.

Anyway, thanks again for the copy of Just Cause 2. You're a good bloke.

np, hope you like it. :)

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is no PC version of Bayonetta. If that went up on Steam, I'd buy it regardless of price.

same here. it's a genre-defining game.
    It's not, actually. It's overtly and intentionally of a genre defined by Devil May Cry. Still amazing, though.

They're not saying that it invented the genre

They're saying that it defined it

There is a difference

indeed, and bayonetta is definitely the genre definer

similar interaction between metroid and castlevania games

sure, metroid invented it, but i wouldnt by shy to say symphony of the night defined it
    I would consider DMC1 to have invented that genre and DMC3 to have defined it. Bayonetta is an extension of it, sure, but so was God Hand.

Monger on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    giltanis wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I have all of my Steam games installed that I've received/purchased from Thanksgiving till now on my PC with the exception of Just Cause 2. My Steam folder is 51.5GB!

Mine is 118 gigs sadly.

Hmm...

started at around 25, going up slowly ...

50, 80,

over 100 ...

past 130 ...

beyond 160 ?!

ah, it's slowing down...

Never mind :shock: just jumped to 200 and ...
    229 GB (246,781,512,608 bytes)
    194,128 files; 9,648 folders

My... a-hem, my entire HDD, is 596 GB. Almost half ... *swoon*

Tamin on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is no PC version of Bayonetta. If that went up on Steam, I'd buy it regardless of price.

same here. it's a genre-defining game.
    It's not, actually. It's overtly and intentionally of a genre defined by Devil May Cry. Still amazing, though.

They're not saying that it invented the genre

They're saying that it defined it

There is a difference

indeed, and bayonetta is definitely the genre definer

similar interaction between metroid and castlevania games

sure, metroid invented it, but i wouldnt by shy to say symphony of the night defined it
    I would consider DMC1 to have invented that genre and DMC3 to have defined it. Bayonetta is an extension of it, sure, but so was God Hand.

No it wasn't

God Hand was a 3D brawler

Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, and God of War are character action games

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bayonetta is the most triumphant example

no dissent allowed

Jintor on
  • Options
    SvenSven Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I need a good RPG, preferably something of an older style, anybody know of anythign off steam like that?

Sven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay guys,

New thread is here.

I've always wanted to do that.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chronocide wrote: »
    Vegan wrote: »
    I think I'm going to at least sit out ME2, considering I have yet to even play ME1.

I haven't played ME1 yet, either, so I figure I have time to wait and see if they make an Ultimate Edition of ME2 with all the DLC. $10 is a tempting price, but if I went out and bought the DLC missions, it would add A LOT to the cost of the game. And you can't just buy them, you have to purchase "Bioware Points" in set amounts; basically Microsoft Points that can only be used on Bioware Games, ugh.

I just spent $20AU on the game and then about $27AU to get the right amount of points to buy all the DLC with no leftover points. I didn't mind too much, it's totally worth it.

In my case, by the time I'm even ready to play ME2, it'll probably be Summer Sale time and there'll be a ME2 Ultimate for $5. Hey, I can dream!

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So Witcher tried to tell me my hardware was inadequate to run it, despite it being adequate. Fortunately they have a -donotforceminreqs tag I can put in there and force it to run. If only Just Cause 2 also had such a switch.. :(

I wish games would warn you that you don't meet min, but at least let you TRY to run them and turn down settings. So stupid when they won't run at all and you have to go searching for workarounds.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sven wrote: »
    I need a good RPG, preferably something of an older style, anybody know of anythign off steam like that?

It's more of a strategy RPG but King's Bounty is fantastic.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alright chaps, just for fun I'm gifting Op:Flashpoint, because it is cheap and looks to have reviewed passably well if you're into it's sort of thang. I would gift something a bit more substantial but I'm cooking up the majority of an orphans' Christmas Eve dinner for all my friends who can't be with their family and it is getting costly.

Anyways, entry is simple: PM me your steam name or send me a friend request (steam ID ultimanecat here in Sydney) in the next 30 minutes. Winner will be chosen at random from all entrants. Also, please don't force me to have to make a tough decision to cut you due to being a member for less than a month.

Happy Christmas Eve from the future to everyone who isn't Australian / Kiwi!

Edit: If you add me as a friend, don't worry if I don't immediately add you back. I'm going to wait to do that to keep the entrants sorted! Also, the above was not meant as a slight against Aussies or Kiwis. You can have a happy Christmas Eve too!

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For the AP contest:

Suave: The name is Boy. PunkBoy. You have what I want and I know your game. And I do love to play to win.

Aggressive: [Headslam]

Professional: At this moment I know 28 different points on your body I can strike you to incapacitate you entirely. 22 of them are fatal. If you draw a weapon there is a 99.8% chance I will be faster. You may as well make this non painful.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    3333mt.jpg

Ultimanecat is a gentleman, not a cat.
    And he is cool too.

(Thank you!)

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just gave Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light a spin - that game is pretty darn polished. Very well-made. Thanks again, Jintor!

Michael H on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay guys,

New thread is here.

I've always wanted to do that.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png