As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Last Christmas Interactive Storybook! (For Child's Play!)

spectheintrospectheintro Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Games and Technology
Hey everyone:

We wanted to do something special for the Child's Play Charity, so we reached out to PA and they graciously agreed to let us use their "Last Christmas" art for an Interactive Storybook! The book is completely free (we wanted to charge for it and donate all the proceeds to the charity, but unfortunately Apple nixed that idea), so head over and download it now!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/penny-arcades-the-last-christmas/id410474639?mt=8

We hope this raises awareness around the Child's Play Charity, and maybe brightens a few kids' Christmases. Have a wonderful holiday!

--The SRRN Team

spectheintro on

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A pity it's only for iPad. I'd happily have picked it up on my iPhone and showed it off to my nephew, otherwise.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    A pity it's only for iPad. I'd happily have picked it up on my iPhone and showed it off to my nephew, otherwise.

We considered making it universal, but the book looked far too small on the iPhone--it relies a lot on big art and fun animation/physics. And it really does look quite cool on the iPad; I'll try and get a video up later so people can see it in action.

spectheintro on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, this is great. You guys are awesome!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ampix wrote: »
    Man, this is great. You guys are awesome!

Glad you like it! Let's hope it encourages some iTunes regulars who don't know about PA or CP to donate!

spectheintro on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aw- Wish I'd seen the "only for iPad" comments before I spent 5 minutes on my iPhone figuring out why I couldn't find it in the store. :(

ringswraith on