As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

t0tally h4wt furRy prn

PixiStyxPixiStyx Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Artist's Corner
....prawn, that is.
furryprn-1.jpg

Hee hee. Sorry. I could not resist. Ahem. Hello all...I do art. Thought I'd post some of it.

Mostly I do comics and masks, but lately I've been getting into artist trading cards. They're like baseball cards, but with drawings and things on them. Kind of a challenge for me, actually, because I'm so used to digital coloring that I sort of have to relearn how to do it by hand.

ACEO3Dcth.jpg

ACEO2alicecopy.jpg

ACEO6Star-1.jpg

RLFhalf2-1.gif -A webcomic
PixiStyx on

• Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I will reply to you!
    Misleading as a title, but funny. Your art's pretty nice. No one really replies around here in the first few days of a post unless they know you, it seems. I'm developing my own webcomic series, but I think I would like to have a second mind working on the same idea. If that's possible that is. I read a few of your webcomics and they made me lol. Which is pretty nice. If you want to know more about my series send me a PM through the forums.

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    JLM-AWPJLM-AWP Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'll start with a negative, which is the background color on the winged, green, Dr. Zoidberg-lookin' dude. I really like him, but it's hard to pick out detail with such a strong, dark background.

Your other two, however, are very nice. I noticed my eyes going to all the right places on both of them. I really like the colors on the last one, too.

Have anything more for us?

JLM-AWP on
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    JLM-AWP wrote: »
    winged, green, Dr. Zoidberg-lookin' dude.

Surely you mean the "Well Mannered Cthulu Gentleman". That is to say he can hardly be considered to be very ill mannered at all.

Scene.

Are the colored pieces digital or traditional?

ninjai on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh the foul names you be giving the dark lord Cthulhu.

That yellow gun looks very flat but I really like the colors on the last one. Watercolor?

m3nace on
  • Options
    PixiStyxPixiStyx Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arden: Unfortunately I've really got my hand full with projects at the moment. T__T There's my own webcomic, plus I'm doing masks for a heavy metal band. Sorry!

JLM: Bare in mind that aceos are supposed to be fast, though. I guess some people go all out on them...but most of those tend to be prints. I kinda look at them as a concept sketch. Just my approach, though!

Ninjai: these are traditional. I'm actually more used to digital coloring, so it's taken some adjusting. Still experimenting from that end of things.

As for more....well let's see what I can dig up.
    A wedding pic I did for a friend....it's his GURPS character.
    Glorysm-1.jpg

Short animation I did for a werewolf comic that's on the backburner...
    oddanim.gif

Conceptual piece I did some time ago. I suffer rather badly from tendinitis, and this style is kind of intense so I don't do it much anymore. Might try it again soon, though.
    heartbreaker.jpg

Here's a sample of the kind of masks I do. =D Er, well, steampunk goggles in this case. Used some of my old prescription lenses in them so I wouldn't be blind.
    robinmask2.jpg

PixiStyx on
    RLFhalf2-1.gif -A webcomic
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow that mask is out of control! Its
    my fav of all your stuff.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The werewolf animation is disgusting!
    :^:
    And I love that mask, what materials do you use?

m3nace on
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The animation reminds me a bit of Mike Mignola, and that mask is really neat!

melting_doll on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That animation wasn't for Lillium Lupus, was it? That jackalsgrin guy??

Kochikens on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    that animation is gross and awesome and rad
    but that mask, holy radical that is cool
    i would totally buy something like that and wear it to Shambala or a rave

RubberAC on