As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Colorado Caravan

triadfatetriadfate Registered User regular
edited March 2006 in PAX Archive
Hey fellow Coloradoans (or people traveling through Colorado to get to PAX). I'd like to set up a Caravan (safety in numbers!) leaving from Fort Collins CO on up to the Great North.

We would be stopping in the Major cities on the way (route to be determined) and hopefully picking up travelers and caravaners a like. I'm going to toss some information together and get a web site going later this week if you’re interested.

So if your passing through Colorado or leaving from Colorado OR in between and you need a ride, or need passengers let me know (I will be checking this thread often) and I'll keep you posted as more info is put together.

triadfate on

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2006
    You should see if you can hook up with this one:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=210444

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Cool, I'll have to see if their route comes though Colorado. I know there's one that stops in Portland from SoCal and I think it would be cool to merge caravans there.

Either way I still would like to get a Caravan together (or caravan waypoint) in Colorado if people are interested.

triadfate on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    triadfate wrote:
    Cool, I'll have to see if their route comes though Colorado. I know there's one that stops in Portland from SoCal and I think it would be cool to merge caravans there.

Either way I still would like to get a Caravan together (or caravan waypoint) in Colorado if people are interested.

Check our updated pinpoint map, it's a little off a direct route to PAX from your route, but so is the West Coast Supertrip, let me know however, if you want to set up a waypoint on our route.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I'm taking an airplane.

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    that's no fun

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    JackChicagoJackChicago Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Last year Knob and I were going to drive from Denver to PAX but actually found that unless your splitting gas costs between at least 3 people per vehicle it's actually cheaper to fly. It's also a 2 hour flight versus a 20 hour drive, which gives you more time in Bellevue to kick it with folks and/or do touristy things around Seattle.

That's my two cents from what I learned last year.

JackChicago on
    fearnloathingsig.jpg
  • Options
    Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Last year Knob and I were going to drive from Denver to PAX but actually found that unless your splitting gas costs between at least 3 people per vehicle it's actually cheaper to fly. It's also a 2 hour flight versus a 20 hour drive, which gives you more time in Bellevue to kick it with folks and/or do touristy things around Seattle.

That's my two cents from what I learned last year.

This man speaks truth.

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Tickets per person from Denver are looking like 280ish right now. For 3 people thats a lot of money. I've figured gas costs one way should be around 120 to 160 (give or take). Unless I'm WAY off base. I've been using google maps to figure milage etc etc.

triadfate on
  • Options
    zip250zip250 Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    just fyi- most supertrips will stop nowhere near colorado if the past and that other thread are a guide. Past years tended to be west-coast and went far south of colorado. that other thread linked here appears to be going far north of colorado. Unfortunately, due to the mountains and how unpopulated the middle-areas are, going through colorado is not too wise for most people.
    Having made the drive the first year from Colorado, I don't recommend it.

That having been said, it might be possible to join up with other caravans about halfway there.I'm kind of looking forward to seeing other people from my area of the world there and am kind of in awe of people who actually make the long road-trips ;)

zip250 on
    so hott http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?780037

need a guild. Most will do. Except for the 12p noobs
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    For PAX '05, I drove from Colorado (Greeley, more specifically) to L.A., stayed there for a week, then drove up to Seattle, then back to CO. Did all the driving by myself.

I will be flying this year. Fuck that shit.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    There is a forumer who goes by Leuthesius who is driving up from Arkansas. He is picking up a friend in Iowa and another in Denver along the way. He wants to pick up the CCST north of Colorado. I told him to hook up with you guys on the way up. Also, I'd like the opions of the Coloradoans, I have both the Mt. Rushmore waypoint and the Wyoming waypoint listed, but I seek to eliminate the Wyoming. For you guys, to drive to Mt. Rushmore is (I believe) an extra hour on your schedules and against your gas tanks. However, Mt. Rushmore is close to halfway for us who have been driving the bulk of the trip. We plan to stop there and chill for a nice 3-4 hour break, which would give the most lax schedule for meeting up with other people. We also want to somehow work in a nice little meat grilling session in there too, if at all possible (much as we will from Ohio as well). So, really it's up to you guys, how do you want to do it?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2006
    Here's some news for you coloradanCs(?), you're caravan has just been absorbed into what i'm going to call the Cross-Country Supertrip's "C" route (although that may change). one of the guys on the CCST will be coming up from arkansas and passing through OK and Denver, so he's pretty much on your route, which is now route C. Was that confusing enough, if not, here's the map, the route coming up from Florida is going to be route B and the northernmost route is route A.

CCST-route.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png